SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-15-22, 01:14 AM   #1021
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Thank you thank you thank you.

For the last 8 years or so I only play TMO. Even with the loss of RSRDC proper it should still be an improvement.

I really need to paruze (sp?) the boards some more. This has only been out a year and I am just now seeing/hearing about it for the first time.

On the bright side however that's a years worth of bugs and other little problems that have already been experienced and then fixed... more or less... so I should have a smoother gaming experience overall. Yea, that's it. Finding out about it a year after it came out is actually better... sure.

I am in the middle of a campaign now that I want to finish (on TMO Classic) before I do a fresh install of the New and Improved TMO. That means I will have plenty of time to read the crap out of all the readmes.

Thanks again for all the work. The drive and dedication of all the moders that have to keep going back and do endless bug-squashing, tweaking, and improving is really something. Different people like different challenges for different reasons I guess.

Thanks again again.
-BR

Thanks, believe you will enjoy the updated TMO between my changes and the excellent interiors vickers03 released recently. My favorite part of update is the the more realistic/historically accurate and somewhat dynamic campaign along with ability to conduct historically accurate night surface attacks. Additional ships etc is nice as well.

Yes, was a lot of work but worth it. I still have some things I want incorporate into mod that I have learned since, in so in distant future will be another release of TMO but taking a break for now. Make sure to share experiences etc with new TMO. I really enjoy feedback and it helps in mod development.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-22, 10:45 AM   #1022
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Thank you thank you thank you.

For the last 8 years or so I only play TMO. Even with the loss of RSRDC proper it should still be an improvement.

I really need to paruze (sp?) the boards some more. This has only been out a year and I am just now seeing/hearing about it for the first time.

On the bright side however that's a years worth of bugs and other little problems that have already been experienced and then fixed... more or less... so I should have a smoother gaming experience overall. Yea, that's it. Finding out about it a year after it came out is actually better... sure.

I am in the middle of a campaign now that I want to finish (on TMO Classic) before I do a fresh install of the New and Improved TMO. That means I will have plenty of time to read the crap out of all the readmes.

Thanks again for all the work. The drive and dedication of all the moders that have to keep going back and do endless bug-squashing, tweaking, and improving is really something. Different people like different challenges for different reasons I guess.

Thanks again again.
-BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Thanks, believe you will enjoy the updated TMO between my changes and the excellent interiors vickers03 released recently. My favorite part of update is the the more realistic/historically accurate and somewhat dynamic campaign along with ability to conduct historically accurate night surface attacks. Additional ships etc is nice as well.

Yes, was a lot of work but worth it. I still have some things I want incorporate into mod that I have learned since, in so in distant future will be another release of TMO but taking a break for now. Make sure to share experiences etc with new TMO. I really enjoy feedback and it helps in mod development.

Ahoy, StealthRabbit...

To add to what Bubblehead mentions on feedback, which is a BIG help in tracking down issues being reported on, or troubles run into in game... A few helpful hints to make that easier in doing:

1. Including the source of your copy of SH4... is it the proper version, is it installed properly... is a MAJOR BIG help. As it is, there are any # of means to obtain Silent Hunter IV, (the proper version here, to have... of course, being: Silent Hunter IV: Wolves of the Pacific: Uboat Missions v1.5)

Best installation, is a complete avoidance of either of Window's... "Program files" locations. Better even still, is creating one's own folder well away from them, altogether.

If your source is from Steam, there are a few handy guides in how to go about moving the 'Library' that is created in using Steam... however, there is a means & method that has worked well for Me, in working within the 'Library' set up, & would be happy to outline for you... should 1 care to ask.

2. The next useful set of info that's of help, would be... Is the issue related to a career, a Single Mission... your, deciding to look at the 'Museum', prior to starting either of those options mentioned (Career or Single Mission). Going into Museum mode, then starting off in either option... is a very BIG NO NO.... the sim/game... does NOT take well to doing so.... though, a rare few have mentioned of NOT having issues in doing this... the vast majority of the rest, have. So, best advice here... is to Avoid doing this... EVER.

3. If the issues or problems, are related to a career started... it'd be helpful... to notate what Year, you started off in... from what base your sub is headquartered... as well as what sub you're rolling out in. Equally of import, is if you made any modifications changes to that submarine's equipment, beforehand, too... as sometimes that will... bollux things up.

4. If the issue/s or problem/s, are related to a particular ship... it'd be helpful, to notate just what ship it is... if at all possible, barring that... a making note of the particular area, you encountered the occurrence of said issue/problem, is also equally helpful.

5. Lastly, but... certainly NOT least, in any means, way, shape or size... If issues pertain to the look of the mod set on startup... or in running into CTD's... or other glitches at start up... including a posting of your JSGME mod activation list, is EXTREMELY helpful...

These here, are just the tip of the iceberg... to be sure... as there are other tips & workarounds, but... this will be a good starting point, for now.

Heres to you, enjoying the mod set that is TMOverhauled v.5 BH v2, StealthRabbit (& others).

Fair winds, smooth seas, plentiful targets &... Good huntin'.!

Sink 'em all.!

M. M.
Old 07-21-22, 12:05 PM   #1023
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

A question about the radar warning receiver in a Gato class, mid 1944.

I have the upgrade but the tower does not have a place to put that equipment.

Bug (vanilla one or mod one)? and historical accurate?
Rhodes is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-22, 05:54 PM   #1024
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
A question about the radar warning receiver in a Gato class, mid 1944.

I have the upgrade but the tower does not have a place to put that equipment.

Bug (vanilla one or mod one)? and historical accurate?
In the equipment screen in port...look fo rthe area mid lower portion of screen with SJ radar and SD radar, there is a "slider" on the right, click and drag it down and should show the empty spot where you drag the APR-1 fromt he inventory to equip your boat.

If this is not showing, may be a bug but it is easy to miss, I did first time years ago when ws first added to TMO lol
Old 07-24-22, 02:17 PM   #1025
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Default Surprise when Shoving off

normally, when we shove off on a mission, i use the default of starting away from the dock area.

well, i must have mis-clicked somewhere on the start screen and all of a sudden we were at the dock.
ok, so i know the drill and we shove off at slow speed because this is easier than RL shiphandling.
then, in the background, i think i hear Anchors Aweigh playing. i turn the sound up and, yes, it is, Anchors Aweigh playing. there was no visible band but i guess it was simulated.
very.nice.touch.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-22, 08:09 PM   #1026
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
normally, when we shove off on a mission, i use the default of starting away from the dock area.

well, i must have mis-clicked somewhere on the start screen and all of a sudden we were at the dock.
ok, so i know the drill and we shove off at slow speed because this is easier than RL shiphandling.
then, in the background, i think i hear Anchors Aweigh playing. i turn the sound up and, yes, it is, Anchors Aweigh playing. there was no visible band but i guess it was simulated.
very.nice.touch.

Pretty cool, but that is credited to Ducimus or NBjackso(creator of the nav map mod I use), the music at the sub base.

I always hated starting in port at Pearl until TMO, which finally added sub base. If I recall, in stock and every mod before sub base was not there in so had to start at incorrect location. Always annoyed me lol.

The band is visible over at the main shipyard and can hear them as well, I want to move them over to the sub base, but not sure how to correct that. Any ideas?

I would also like it if could have them play a couple different songs, if possible.
Old 07-26-22, 09:32 PM   #1027
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Default Shokaku

BH,

has anyone run into a CTD when torpedoing the Shokaku?
it has happened three times in a row.
Torpedoing a different ship does NOT result in a CTD, just the Shokaku.
the target was underway, making 10 kts, in heavy seas.

this is our second, actual war patrol, fourth or fifth patrol overall.
we sank ships in our first patrol with no issues.

i rebooted and re-loaded but it did not cure the issue.

just wondering if others have reported an issue.

this occurred in Area 8, on/about March 4, 1941.
Driving a Tambor, shooting Mk14's.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\TMO_BH\MODS]

100 Trigger Maru Overhaul 2.5 UpdateBH V2.0
110 EAX_Clang_Splash_Dud for TMO Update
120 Nav Map Make-Over TMO Update 2.0
130 NMMO Patch TMO Update V2.0
140 Radio Messages TMO Update 2.0
150 BBPearlHarbor Pre War TMO
160 Pre-PearlHarborPatch TMO Update V2.0
170 Subron50AddOn
210 AAtoDeckguns+Radio
220 DecoysTMO
Webster's 300' Underwater Visability for v1.5
330 SubPacMessages

LAA enabled
Old 07-26-22, 11:37 PM   #1028
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
BH,

has anyone run into a CTD when torpedoing the Shokaku?
it has happened three times in a row.
Torpedoing a different ship does NOT result in a CTD, just the Shokaku.
the target was underway, making 10 kts, in heavy seas.

this is our second, actual war patrol, fourth or fifth patrol overall.
we sank ships in our first patrol with no issues.

i rebooted and re-loaded but it did not cure the issue.

just wondering if others have reported an issue.

this occurred in Area 8, on/about March 4, 1941.
Driving a Tambor, shooting Mk14's.

110 EAX_Clang_Splash_Dud for TMO Update
170 Subron50AddOn
210 AAtoDeckguns+Radio
220 DecoysTMO
Webster's 300' Underwater Visability for v1.5
330 SubPacMessages

No one has reported this issue previously.

March 1941? Do you mean March 1942? or did set things to start before June 1941?

Culprit may be the Clang Splash Dud mod. I had CTD in some circumstances that were solved after removing it and using the Splash Bang Clang used prior to V2.0.

Some undetermined issue with the "dud" splash associated with magnetic exploders when they try to premature, had a CTD when hit certain ships as well.

You will want to use the EAX_Clang_Splash. Use this link" https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=6210

I have updated the install order ib the first post.

Last edited by Bubblehead1980; 07-27-22 at 12:15 AM.
Old 07-27-22, 01:04 AM   #1029
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:

March 1941? Do you mean March 1942? or did set things to start before June 1941?

Culprit may be the Clang Splash Dud mod. I had CTD in some circumstances that were solved after removing it and using the Splash Bang Clang used prior to V2.0.

Some undetermined issue with the "dud" splash associated with magnetic exploders when they try to premature, had a CTD when hit certain ships as well.

You will want to use the EAX_Clang_Splash. Use this link" https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=6210

yeah March 1942. '41 was a typo.
i'll try the other splash-clang file.

thanks.

LAA enabled
Old 07-27-22, 08:59 PM   #1030
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:

where is this mod stored?NavMapmakeoverTMOupdatePatch (Required-Included)
it is not in the three zipped subfolders.
it has to be somewhere because i have seen no other posts on the subject, but i'll be Joe Rochefort's left boot if i can see it.

LAA enabled
Old 07-28-22, 12:12 AM   #1031
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
where is this mod stored?NavMapmakeoverTMOupdatePatch (Required-Included)
it is not in the three zipped subfolders.
it has to be somewhere because i have seen no other posts on the subject, but i'll be Joe Rochefort's left boot if i can see it.

Right there, in there 01_Required mods folder.

NMMO Patch TMO Update V2.0
Old 07-28-22, 11:44 AM   #1032
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Right there, in there 01_Required mods folder.

NMMO Patch TMO Update V2.0
thank you!

LAA enabled
Old 07-28-22, 01:38 PM   #1033
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
thank you!
Old 07-28-22, 07:04 PM   #1034
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:

rebooted. re-installed. changed the mod order to match the suggested order.
took a CTD just as the Mk14 was about to contact the Shokaku.
madness.

135 EAX_Clang_Splash TMO V2.0
170 Subron50AddOn
210 AAtoDeckguns+Radio
220 DecoysTMO
330 SubPacMessages
400 Webster's 300' Underwater Visability for v1.5

LAA enabled
Old 07-28-22, 08:13 PM   #1035
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
rebooted. re-installed. changed the mod order to match the suggested order.
took a CTD just as the Mk14 was about to contact the Shokaku.
madness.

135 EAX_Clang_Splash TMO V2.0
170 Subron50AddOn
210 AAtoDeckguns+Radio
220 DecoysTMO
330 SubPacMessages
400 Webster's 300' Underwater Visability for v1.5
Think mod 135 there... needs being replaced with the alternate one for that... the EAX Clang Splash (no dud) version.... as I recall, using that one there "135 EAX_Clang_Splash TMO V2.0" was an issue with the dud splach portion that caused CTD issues, as I recall... rightly.

Just can't seem to find that post off hand, that states that... from Bubblehead1980.

M. M.