SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-29-13, 08:11 AM   #10771
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

@Dermeister

Go here - C:\Users\User\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\main.cfg
open this with notepad
look for and change to this :-

[DEVELOPING]
Modding=Yes
MenuEditor=no
DebugScripts=Yes

save and run game

Now when the freeze happens - you should see a script error window on your desktop - copy and paste it here for TDW to see
Old 09-29-13, 08:15 AM   #10772
Dermeister
Mate

Downloads: 134
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
@Dermeister

Go here - C:\Users\User\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\main.cfg
open this with notepad
look for and change to this :-

[DEVELOPING]
Modding=Yes
MenuEditor=no
DebugScripts=Yes

save and run game

Now when the freeze happens - you should see a script error window on your desktop - copy and paste it here for TDW to see
For the rekord I cannot in all certanty say its TDW UI that causes the deckgun problem but I want to clear a few things since i know my english is not the easyest to understand.

1. Since i have the UI enabled is when i started to nottice the Issue
2.there is no Freezing the game runs fine
3.Its as though the sub thinks it submerges for half asecond when clearly im on the surface. It's as though it thinks my deck is awash but it's not.

4. The Watch crew stays o nstation in the con tower but the deck gun crew keeps Dissmounting as soon as it mounts.

P.S i'm checkign out the option editor But i will have to wait untill i am in port b4 i can try it. That's what it says i nthe instructions. So it will take a while b4 ican report on if that fixed the issue or not.
Dermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-13, 09:46 AM   #10773
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

@ Dermeister

Mod list?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-13, 09:49 AM   #10774
Dermeister
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
@ Dermeister

Mod list?
Accurate German Flags
Antilag
Critical hits v 1.2
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
HiDef 8-5 Aspect Ratio
OPEN HORIZONS II Light v3
sobers no footstep sound mod
A Fistful of Emblems v1.51
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.2 Patch
NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith

MInd you i don't think i need anti lag with a GTX 660 but mergh
Old 09-29-13, 10:05 AM   #10775
gap
Navy Seal

I don't see anything in your mod list which could cause your problem.

Which boat type are you currently commanding? Look for it in your game folder (path: data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7*, open its cfg file, and tell me what its storm conditions are set to, just in case something messed them up
Old 09-29-13, 10:50 AM   #10776
Dermeister
Mate

Quote:
I don't see anything in your mod list which could cause your problem.

Which boat type are you currently commanding? Look for it in your game folder (path: data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7*, open its cfg file, and tell me what its storm conditions are set to, just in case something messed them up
I'm in a Type C StormConditions=11,0.4;max wind speed [m/s], max rain intensity [0,1]
Old 09-29-13, 11:06 AM   #10777
CPF
Watch

Downloads: 27

@Dermeister

I have noticed the same problem when I have NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith loaded as well. In the stock game, I can even be at decks awash and the gun crew continues to operate the gun even if it shows them going completely underwater. With 7.4.2 loaded, they disappear whenever water washes over the sub, in calm seas they stay. I have a few more mods loaded, so I wasn't sure it was caused by NewUIs. Since you have it loaded last, you could try removing it and see if it returns to the stock game behavior.
CPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-13, 11:26 AM   #10778
Dermeister
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPF View Post
@Dermeister

I have noticed the same problem when I have NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith loaded as well. In the stock game, I can even be at decks awash and the gun crew continues to operate the gun even if it shows them going completely underwater. With 7.4.2 loaded, they disappear whenever water washes over the sub, in calm seas they stay. I have a few more mods loaded, so I wasn't sure it was caused by NewUIs. Since you have it loaded last, you could try removing it and see if it returns to the stock game behavior.

IMO its either that or the Exe patcher by TDW this is why as soon as im Done sinking the ships on this current patrole i will RTB and go in the TDW option manager thign and see if its somthign i nthere ican enable or somthing. because its defo the UI or the EXE patcher since i just installed this game 3 days ago and o nstalk the deck gun worked fine.
Old 09-29-13, 11:27 AM   #10779
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermeister View Post
I'm in a Type C StormConditions=11,0.4;max wind speed [m/s], max rain intensity [0,1]
No, your problem is obviously not coming from there

Try following the suggestion by CPF and see if it solves the issue.

One more question: how do you issue the "man the deck gun" order? There are several ways to do it, and they might affect crew's AI routines. An example? While I and Volodya were making our tests on Flak guns, I was convinced that my game was broken, because when guns were manned by the AI, manning crew didn't show up, and -unlike your deck gun- my self-manned guns could keep firing with a wing force of 15 m/s. To my surprise, Volodya finally realized that I was unadvertently using a "cheat" for issuing the manning order.

See this post for further detail
Old 09-29-13, 11:32 AM   #10780
Dermeister
Mate

Quote:

One more question: how do you issue the "man the deck gun" order? There are several ways to do it, and they might affect crew's AI routines. An example? While I and Volodya were making our tests on Flak guns, I was convinced that my game was broken, because when guns were manned by the AI, manning crew didn't show up, and -unlike your deck gun- my self-manned guns could keep firing with a wing force of 15 m/s. To my surprise, Volodya finally realized that I was unadvertently using a "cheat" for issuing the manning order.

For me i just go on the deck use the binos and click on space bar because it wont evne let me click on man the deck gune the way you did i nthe post It's greyed out for me. and i don't think the seas state coudl be any calmer... Unless the wind prevents my crew? i really don't know it's like my sub is rebellign agaisnt me and grayign outthe man the deck gun option evne thoguh i'm clearly o nthe surface. I'm not puttign User induced error off the table but This is really fishy.
Old 09-29-13, 11:34 AM   #10781
CPF
Watch

Quote:

In my case, I don't use the exe patcher, since I only have the steam version .. so it isn't the patcher. I also don't use the AI, just transport to the gun and use it manually. When the deck crew disappears, I use the escape key so I am just standing on the deck, then click on the gun to start firing again.
Old 09-29-13, 11:42 AM   #10782
Dermeister
Mate

HEy guys coudl the fact that im at 87 % hull make my boat not surface properly? is it normaly that my dept keeps fluxuating From 6m to 7 m? and every time it hits 7m i get the submerged icon at the top of my screen? the water is calm but its as though my boat sits deeper than usual O_O
Old 09-29-13, 11:53 AM   #10783
CPF
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermeister View Post
HEy guys coudl the fact that im at 87 % hull make my boat not surface properly? is it normaly that my dept keeps fluxuating From 6m to 7 m? and every time it hits 7m i get the submerged icon at the top of my screen? the water is calm but its as though my boat sits deeper than usual O_O
6 to 7 seems normal for decks awash, and yes the submerged icon appears intermittently in anything but calm waters. Fully surfaced usually shows 5 to 6. Also at decks awash depth (7), the batteries recharging is also intermittent, stopping every time the submerged icon shows. I don't think TDW's UI changes the depth of the boat without the historical specifications mod applied as well.
Old 09-29-13, 11:53 AM   #10784
plj
Captain

Downloads: 70

I've noticed the same thing. It keeps engaging diesel engines as well in this scenario .. I doubt it's UI related tho ..

I have the same issue with dive orders .. ordering deck awash, periscope or snorkel depth sometimes stays stuck at 3/4 of the command .. changing depth and retrying the command I was aiming for helps.
plj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-13, 11:57 AM   #10785
Dermeister
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPF View Post
6 to 7 seems normal for decks awash, and yes the submerged icon appears intermittently in anything but calm waters. Fully surfaced usually shows 5 to 6. Also at decks awash depth (7), the batteries recharging is also intermittent, stopping every time the submerged icon shows. I don't think TDW's UI changes the depth of the boat without the historical specifications mod applied as well.

Decks awash is 7.5 to 8. That's the thign i'm not orderign decks awash im at FULl surfaced orders.I even Odered to blow the Ballast tanks just to make sure the boat goes as high as it can.It just dosent wanna sit at 5m its at 6.5 to 7 on calm seas. somthign is out of whack on the stalk game it din't do this.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui