SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-26-11, 05:56 AM   #46
iowa101
Commodore

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0
Was this also the mod that added the Suez and Panama Canals?

If so then how did you do that exactly, Does the shade of water on the map directly affect to depth of the water in game??

If so could you possibly change the flatness of the ocean floor, as it's never that smooth, I'd like to see a lot more uneven areas through out the oceans floor.

Plenty of deep sea trenches that are tight, and fun to navigate and maybe even hide from sub hunters in, i know sounds hard, but if it is a case of just changing the colour on the map it should be at least possible.

Could you guys give it a try and get back to me, thank you.

"A good Navy is not a provocation to war. It is the surest guaranty of peace."
iowa101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 08:44 PM   #47
Nbjackso
Navy Dude

Downloads: 448
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa101 View Post
Was this also the mod that added the Suez and Panama Canals?
Yes, as stated in the mod's read me file.

Quote:
If so then how did you do that exactly,
I imported the some of the terrain data from the FOTRS mod

Quote:
Does the shade of water on the map directly affect to depth of the water in game??
Yes

Quote:
If so could you possibly change the flatness of the ocean floor, as it's never that smooth, I'd like to see a lot more uneven areas through out the oceans floor. . . Could you guys give it a try and get back to me, thank you.
No, changing the colors will not change the ocean depths. The main purpose of this mod is to make the navigation map more informative and easier to read. Sorry I could not be any more helpful with your request.

Just get me within 1000 yards,
and I'll d
o the rest
Nbjackso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-11, 08:11 PM   #48
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbjackso View Post
LOL - That's funny you mentioned that. Right after I uploaded this mod last night, I started messing around with one of the files, thinking I may do an update for the map that would be better suited for the German side if your sailing U-boats. Right now it is only a thought, so don't expect anything soon.
Nah, I like to sink ships that have flags with red dots in them! But for those who do run around in u-boats, I'm sure they would appreciate your efforts.

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-11, 09:54 PM   #49
Nbjackso
Navy Dude

Hey guys,

Just curious, I'm not trying to toot my own horn (insert appropriate smilie here) There has been almost 100 downloads in the last week and a half, and not much feedback. If your using/used NMMO v. 2.0, I'd like to know what you think, (good or bad), and if you noticed any problems. Has anyone tried to sail around the world yet? Transiting through the Suez and Panama canals @ 4x TC can get pretty boring.

Anyways, I just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Thanks

and I'll d
o the rest
Old 02-04-11, 11:23 PM   #50
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139

Actually getting ready to fire up the latest version, as i ran a quick campaign in FOTRS, and wasn't sure if this would work with that one or not. So I'm back to TMO for a bit and will let you know.

So far though, I have really enjoyed the navmap updates!

I can't imagine the effort involved, but what would be nice, is if someone would name at least the islands that are mentioned in radio messages when surface battles are announced. Aside from the major battles like Coral Sea, Midway, and Leyte, it would be nice to have some names instead of trying to read the fine print in my little geography book, and trying to match up the island(s) mentioned in the messages.

So I'm getting ready to give 2.0 a testdrive, and since it's an improvement over the last version, I'm sure it will work just fine.

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 10:51 AM   #51
silenthunter4
Nub

Downloads: 19

Hi, your map looks great man, i would love to use NMMO version 2.0 with OM but JSGME ask to overwrite some OpsMonsum_v705 files (data/terrain/data/...), im not sure what to do..
silenthunter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 10:07 PM   #52
Nbjackso
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthunter4 View Post
Hi, your map looks great man, i would love to use NMMO version 2.0 with OM but JSGME ask to overwrite some OpsMonsum_v705 files (data/terrain/data/...), im not sure what to do..
First of all, Welcome aboard. However, if your like me, you've probably been lurking for awhile before getting around to posting.

Secondly, NMMO is a pretty forgiving mod. most of the terrain/data files I used are adding canals. I have enabled this mod with OM/OMEGU and seems to work OK, (although I have not tested it extensively). I am considering making a OM version, (see future of OM thread in the ATO forum) .

My suggestion is to try it, and see if you like it. If you have any problems, or concerns with this mod, post it here in this thread and I'll try to help you as best as I can.

and I'll d
o the rest
Old 03-12-11, 10:15 AM   #53
silenthunter4
Nub

Downloads: 19

Thank you for your reply and prompt assistance!

I installed NMMO v1.2 for now and so far so good! (terrain data files from v2.0 may be used in some OM scenarios idk)

Will check for sure the nato forum thread to see if a OM version or anything develops (spending my life on the Nav map)

Thanks again for your excellent work, definitely enhance the game nicely, take care Nbjackso
silenthunter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 12:44 PM   #54
BillBam
Watch Officer

Downloads: 171

The only real problem I have is the lack of a terrain border. I have run aground a couple of times because I did not see the color difference in the white and yellow colors.
Old 03-12-11, 09:32 PM   #55
Nbjackso
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBam View Post
The only real problem I have is the lack of a terrain border. I have run aground a couple of times because I did not see the color difference in the white and yellow colors.
I did this intentionally, (those pesky atolls), however, if you want the shore lines back, just delete the "shaders" folder, and re-enable the mod.

and I'll d
o the rest
Old 03-13-11, 12:10 AM   #56
BillBam
Watch Officer

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbjackso View Post
I did this intentionally, (those pesky atolls), however, if you want the shore lines back, just delete the "shaders" folder, and re-enable the mod.
Thanks that did the trick, my old eyes have trouble with faint shading differences.
Old 03-15-11, 05:55 AM   #57
Canonicus
XO

Downloads: 623
Uploads: 7

Thanks for making this mod. I have been using the original leovampire version from way back. Excellent update!
Old 03-21-11, 03:45 PM   #58
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827

Nbjackso,
I've finally got 1.5 istalled and the Nav map 2.0 just looks great. Since I'm on the map about half the time playing this thing, this map just makes playing the game all the better.
Thanks for your taste and hard work. This is just one of those triple A+ mods.

D40
Old 03-22-11, 08:07 PM   #59
Nbjackso
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfish40 View Post
. . . the Nav map 2.0 just looks great. Since I'm on the map about half the time playing this thing, this map just makes playing the game all the better.
Thanks for your taste and hard work. This is just one of those triple A+ mods.

D40
Thank you for the kind words regarding this mod. It's very satisfying knowing others appreciate your work. I am working on an yet another update, (I never seem to be satisfied enough to stop working on it). That being said, I am happy to take suggestions if there is some thing anyone wold like me to add to the navigation map for the next update. Just post it on this thread, I check it fairly regularly.

and I'll d
o the rest
Old 04-06-11, 11:12 AM   #60
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Is this mod compatible with Operation Monsun?

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote