Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-14, 05:43 PM   #1
Julian
Sailor man

Downloads: 271
Uploads: 0
Default Destroyer Command - Still a Good Naval Sims -

I still have my old Destroyer Command Naval Sims. Still an enjoyable game to play.
It has all the elements of commanding a ship, from the bridge, and map. You can switch to the external view of standing on the bridge with a 360 degree view. Switch to guns , torpedo and depth charge, damage control stations.
After setting up the ship for battle, target, speed and course, you can click to the outside view and watch the entire action take place...like watching a movie. Periodically, check the position of all ships in action and make adjustments to their courses, targeting and speed.
I also added the Kriegsmarine Mod. This allows me to command the ships of both the German and British Navies. The missions here are based on Historical and What If campaigns. The Italian Mod, Mare Nostrum, lets you command the British and Italian ships in the Mediterrean based on Historical and What If missions. There is a lot of variety in this game in what navies you command.
I wish Ubisoft could update this naval game to Silent Hunter standards. This would be an outstanding naval sims for us naval vets.

Last edited by Julian; 06-09-14 at 06:03 PM. Reason: spelling check
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote