SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-30-11, 07:41 PM   #31
etheberge
Watch Officer

Downloads: 614
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddogK View Post
I've been thinking about this wolfpack idea and radio chatter. Radio chatter prolly wouldn't be that difficult but I'd think we need to run a campaign, stop it every couple of game days, and pick a couple of locations where ships are located (as well as the historical position of a reporting u-boat) and write a radio report that will be broadcast. (quite time consuming)

Or just compile a file with random position reports and let those be reported by the game (basically fill the airwaves with mounds of BS)

Or force the game to run any unselected sub as an AI unit that can report actual convoy traffic generated by the game. (talk about massive overhead)

How are the current map updates/contact reports generated ?

Thoughts ?
MaddogK, check my post on that subject in the other thread http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...7&postcount=17

11 War Patrols / 56 ships sunk or damaged for 212,022 tons
Zero casualties throughout the war
Scuttled on 8 May, 1945 in Sonderburg Bay, after German surrender
etheberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 07:48 PM   #32
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 345
Uploads: 0

etheberge, seriously you just want to join the team and contribute when you can. thats basicly what we are all doing?
drakkhen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 08:04 PM   #33
etheberge
Watch Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkhen20 View Post
etheberge, seriously you just want to join the team and contribute when you can. thats basicly what we are all doing?
Alright sign me up but I need to finish what I'm working on first otherwise it'll never get done.

Old 03-30-11, 08:52 PM   #34
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

thats totaly fine. welcome aboard i'll pm you some info. i've asked sailor to find some info on these wolfpacks and i am searching also. maybe we can turn up something. maybe we can just make missions specificly aimed at wolfpacks. like when your in your office and click the map to get your orders you are then instructed to go to a position and perform your wolfpack operations with ai subs included that can be triggered when you get in that area and after your finished you get the return home or patrol an area of your choice message. hows that sound?
Old 03-30-11, 09:45 PM   #35
MaddogK
XO

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by etheberge View Post
MaddogK, check my post on that subject in the other thread http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...7&postcount=17
I have been keeping up with that thread and it looks promising, I just wasn't sure where you were getting the info till I saw the BDUKTB link, which led me to convoywebs, and in the extra's section is exactly what I was searching for- a day to day convoy chart showing positions of each convoy on any particular date. If I could find a similar map showing u-boat positions we could overlay the map onto OM's from the campaign editor and show probable contact points and generate reports based on that data,
or
continue with your method which would appear more accurate provided the OM campaign is completely accurate.

Am also kicking around spotlights, starshell and AP ammo for the deckgun, and the supposed broken battery upgrades. Call me evil but a starshell thru a ships bridge window causing a major fire sounds like FUN !!!

Last edited by MaddogK; 03-30-11 at 10:07 PM.
MaddogK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 10:27 PM   #36
etheberge
Watch Officer

Quote:
If I could find a similar map showing u-boat positions we could overlay the map onto OM's from the campaign editor and show probable contact points and generate reports based on that data
Uboat.net has all known locations of every U-boat at different points in their patrols but the maps are divided by boats and then subdivided by patrols so not easy to get a general overview.
http://www.uboat.net/boats/patrols/boats.html

Quote:
Am also kicking around spotlights, starshell and AP ammo for the deckgun, and the supposed broken battery upgrades. Call me evil but a starshell thru a ships bridge window causing a major fire sounds like FUN !!!
Sounds great.

Old 03-30-11, 10:30 PM   #37
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

http://uboat.net/ops/wolfpacks/ and take a look at this one too. this one is brought to you by our good friend sailor steve.
Old 03-31-11, 12:03 AM   #38
MaddogK
XO

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by etheberge View Post
Uboat.net has all known locations of every U-boat at different points in their patrols but the maps are divided by boats and then subdivided by patrols so not easy to get a general overview.
http://www.uboat.net/boats/patrols/boats.html
Ya, saw that but sadly that embedded google map is next to useless. I'll figure some way to use it tho- after I work on the other projects assigned to me. Luckily I don't have to extract the location data for every uboat, only the ones in OM (unless we add more boats). Anyhow, I like what your doing keep it up, I'll join you in the project shortly.

BTW- the 33MAK800 batteries seem to be right on the money- about 32 hours @ 2 kts, 116.3 mile range, 17 hours to recharge @ 8 kts- 208 miles. roughly 90 miles on batteries @ 4 kts. I just have to find a friendly way to get them installed, editing saved game files isn't for everyone.

MaddogK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 03:33 PM   #39
msalama
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 99

Guys - not an active poster - not being able to contribute either - just wanted to say that what you're doing here looks great, keep it up

S!
msalama is offline   Reply With Quote