Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-23-22, 05:44 PM   #1
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Default ‘Tax us now’

Do they not pay tax these super-rich in UK and USA ? Since they ask the government around the world to make law so they have to pay 2-5 % tax of their wealth.

Quote:
More than 100 members of the global super-rich called on Wednesday for governments around the world to “tax us now” to help pay for the pandemic response and tackle the gulf between rich and poor
https://www.theguardian.com/business...-to-tax-us-now

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 09:58 PM   #2
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 7

The big problem is that most super rich have their funds in off shore accounts and i doubt there will be a global consensus to tax, especially for the off shores and low tax states.

Think it was Gordon Brown that tried to raise the upper level of tax from 42% to 50% and that was met with a mass exodus of the wealthy until they reversed course as the tax take was lower overall after the raise.

Taxing the super rich is not an easy move these people literally have the money to just get up and go when they please if the tax rate is raised or they consider it too high.
We saw that one in the 90's I think it was when Dubai put the tax rate up, the super rich drove their high end cars to the airport and just left them there with the keys as it was cheaper to loose the car than paying the tax it ultimately hurt the economy.

Find out about Museum Ships here: https://www.museumships.us/

Flickr for all my pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313936@N03/

Navy general board articles: https://www.navygeneralboard.com/author/aegis/
Kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 10:35 PM   #3
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

If I’m not mistaken a group of twenty nations which represents 90% of the global economy have already agreed to a minimum 15% global corporate tax. Been awhile since I read up on it though so I’m not sure how close it is from being implemented.

Also I wouldn’t be too sure our economic woes all stem from the pandemic either. Remember the trade war? The orange man warned us this was going to happen before it got better.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 10:42 PM   #4
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
If I’m not mistaken a group of twenty nations which represents 90% of the global economy have already agreed to a minimum 15% global corporate tax. Been awhile since I read up on it though so I’m not sure how close it is from being implemented.

Also I wouldn’t be too sure our economic woes all stem from the pandemic either. Remember the trade war? The orange man warned us this was going to happen before it got better.
I believe the minimum tax rate in the EU is 15% in reality many countries are well above that.

The UK if I'm not mistaken is around 23% Canada is 33% (for normal people not super rich) that's what it was last time i checked some time ago now.

Find out about Museum Ships here: https://www.museumships.us/

Flickr for all my pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313936@N03/

Navy general board articles: https://www.navygeneralboard.com/author/aegis/
Kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-22, 02:28 AM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Progressive tax rates in Germany are such that already average earners who really do not put wealth aside for the future and their pension days, already get taxed with the maximum tax rate possible.

Politicians have messed up the finances. Then they prohibited real money - silver, gold - and replaced it with the fraud system named paper money. Now they have messed up the fraud system money they have crated themselves, and already without Corona they had started to drown everything in debts they raised to bribe their voters, and while it already was bad, they mad eit even worse, now wantign and pushing inflation and risking stgflation. And who does get hit by inflation first? The socially not so well - situated, and low-income groups.

How does anything of this get healed by taxing rich people more or less? The system is the problem. That government are allowed to manipulate the way we pay, that government have minting privileges and can release coutnerfeit money at will and can release policies that artificially drive inflation - that is the problem.

Credit is money you lend to soembody while you currently do not need that credit money and thus you do not consume it yourself. in other words: credit money is savd money. But the debts today are not such credit, they are additional abstract "money" without any material representation of additonal welath. Thus they are no credit, but a devaluation of money - inflation.

The system is the problem, Everything else is just superficial symptoms.

It will not end nicely because it cannot end nicely. I wish I would escape the final meltdown by having limited lifespan, but more realistic it is to assume that I will get fully hit like almost all others.

Gangster Lagarde of the ECB cartel uses the same arguments and words like the president of the German Reichbank during the hyperinflation. She and all the other central banks fight fire with kerosin.
Old 01-24-22, 03:28 PM   #6
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Money looks after money.....always has and always will.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-22, 03:31 PM   #7
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Thank you for your answer.

Reading them gives me the feeling that these word tax us now is nothing but warm air.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-22, 05:02 PM   #8
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Taxes are expression of feudalism in disguise. The medieval attitude on lords and their peasants owing them their hand's work, has never really ended. Most people still get owned by a state, govenrment, nation. As if it were natural. It isn't.

that why modern Greek has such a inferior bureaucratic administration structure and inefficient land registry offices until 2007 at least. In most ancient Greek cities, taxes were NOT called up. To pay taxes was seen as a symbolic act of paying tribute to an opressor, doing so of course was either dishonourable or cowardly or both: in any case an expression of submission and servility.