SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-11-22, 01:27 PM   #61
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

In the UK the law goes a bit further – it’s illegal to drive with a dirty licence plate.

You could get a fine of up to £1,000 and fail your MOT test if your plate is too dirty and ‘unreadable’.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 01:39 PM   #62
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
In the UK the law goes a bit further – it’s illegal to drive with a dirty licence plate.

You could get a fine of up to £1,000 and fail your MOT test if your plate is too dirty and ‘unreadable’.
Only one of the licence plate has to be readable and it's the one sitting back of the car. The front can be as dirty it can be.

Can't remember how much you have to pay in fine if it's not readable.

We also have same rules when it comes to Splashing pedestrians/bicyclist.

If it happens you are obligated to stop your vehicle and give the pedestrian/bicyclist your name and number. For insurance.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 01:43 PM   #63
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
I didn't have a phone that tracked my where abouts back when We met.
That images shows where I have been starting when the Company provided me with a new fangled device.

Illiterate Bugger
Quote:
Newfangled is actually a pretty old word. It dates all the way back to the 15th century, and likely developed from the even older adjective newfangle, which probably derives from a combination of the Middle English newe, meaning new, and the Old English fangol, from a verb meaning "to take." In its earliest documented uses, newfangled described a person who was fond of new things, fashions, or ideas. Current usage indicates that newfangled is used—sometimes deprecatingly—to describe anything that is new, hip, hot, or happening, while other times it is used with irony for something—such as rock music—that might have been new at one time but is hardly new anymore.
Just make sure the device is in a mylar bag when U near your ''assignment" at Stone Mountain Georgia!!?

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 01:49 PM   #64
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Illiterate Bugger Just make sure the device is in a mylar bag when U near your ''assignment" at Stone Mountain Georgia!!?
Pretty sure the OFF button works just as well.
Old 01-11-22, 01:55 PM   #65
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Pretty sure the OFF button works just as well.
jus' B sure yer OFF ain't ON

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 01-11-22, 01:59 PM   #66
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

an't
contraction of
1. a rare variant spelling of aren't
2. dialect a variant spelling of ain't

I an't so illiterate!
Old 01-12-22, 01:07 PM   #67
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

We all know that using your mobile phone whilst driving is illegal, and that applies also when your car is stationary; for example, if you’re at the traffic lights. But you probably haven’t thought about the law when picking up a burger at a drive-through…

Using your phone when behind the wheel is illegal in all cases, unless your engine is off and the handbrake is on. This means that using mobile pay to get that burger could land you with a £200 fine and six points.

Old 01-12-22, 01:59 PM   #68
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
This means that using mobile pay to get that burger could land you with a £200 fine and six points.
So even though you aren't on a public road and are completely stationary they would still pounce out of the bushes to give you a ticket?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 09:21 AM   #69
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
So even though you aren't on a public road and are completely stationary they would still pounce out of the bushes to give you a ticket?
Using your phone when behind the wheel is illegal in all cases, unless your engine is off and the handbrake is on.

Old 01-13-22, 12:26 PM   #70
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Quote:
Using your phone when behind the wheel is illegal in all cases, unless your engine is off and the handbrake is on.
I'd be screwed! None of my vehicles have a hand brake!

Well. The '73 Opel GT does but it has no engine right now so would probably be exempt.
Old 01-13-22, 01:24 PM   #71
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Here in Denmark it is only forbidden to have a handheld smartphone.
In Sweden the law is not so tight-Here you will only be accused if you are responsible for any accident that may occur because you used a handheld smartphone.

Markus

Old 01-13-22, 01:27 PM   #72
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Road rage is a thing – a dangerous one! If you have a short temper, you could get in trouble and face a fine of up to £1,000 or 3 points on your licence. This offence falls under the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 and could be given to drivers who show rude hand gestures or curse at other drivers.

Old 01-13-22, 01:41 PM   #73
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Road rage is more common than we think-Mostly it's yelling or showing hand signs towards other driver(s)-
In rare occasion cases it can become physical

Tried to find anything about road rage and fines on Danish pages-Without any luck-I found a lot about road rage and psychology.

Markus

Old 01-13-22, 02:14 PM   #74
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default Is it illegal to 'flip someone off'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Road rage is more common than we think-Mostly it's yelling or showing hand signs towards other driver(s)-
In rare occasion cases it can become physical

Tried to find anything about road rage and fines on Danish pages-Without any luck-I found a lot about road rage and psychology.

Markus
Quote:
No, that is not illegal. However, road rage or other things that flipping someone off can lead to can be. You should consult with some attorneys to go over your options at this point. You probably were given a notice to appear in court. Make sure you go to it or hire an attorney to appear for you. Otherwise, you will be charged with the additional misdemeanor of failure to appear which is criminal even if you beat the charge.

In general, for future reference, curse at those bad drivers under your breath or silently. Nothing good comes of it. Best case scenario, you vented your anger and the person doesn't care and continues to drive bad. Worst case scenario, you cause road rage or things turn violent. That thankfully didn't happen in your case but it didn't turn out very good for you either.
Having been a trucker and motor patrolman, nothing makes me lose it; even in balls-out brazen Boston, Mass. or lower Manhattan NY
Quote:
IS ROAD RAGE A CRIME IN CALIFORNIA?
Road rage is not a specific criminal offense in California. However, you can still be arrested and charged with a crime because of a road rage incident. Depending on what occurs during a driving conflict, one or multiple drivers could be charged with:

Assault
Battery
Criminal threats
Reckless driving
Street racing
Drunk driving
Injury DUI
Leaving the scene of an accident
Resisting arrest
Evading police

Old 01-13-22, 02:15 PM   #75
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Quote:
Road rage is a thing – a dangerous one! If you have a short temper, you could get in trouble and face a fine of up to £1,000 or 3 points on your licence. This offence falls under the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 and could be given to drivers who show rude hand gestures or curse at other drivers.

I'd be in debt about £1,000,000,000 then.
Thank Dodge for tinted windows!