Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-31-21, 07:52 PM   #331
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I'm not convinced the election was fraud-free, there are too many statistical anomalies and weirdness but without hard evidence that is out in the public eye, is there any point?
Even if it doesn't change the outcome of the 2020 election, it should all be investigated so that even the appearance of it never happens again.

The evidence is there - either it proves fraud or it proves no fraud, but the evidence needs to see the inside of a court room with discovery occurring.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-21, 08:04 PM   #332
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
if you delve into the numbers the survival rate is probably higher, deaths / confirmed cases comes out to about 1.6% mortality rate. If you extrapolate for the cases that aren't "confirmed", then the mortality rate is probably closer to .8%. (that's for the United States) rates will fluctuate due locale.
This. Unless you've spent time in the US, you generally don't appreciate the vastness of it in comparison the most European countries. It takes longer to drive across Texas than it does to drive from Rome to Berlin, the example.

Likewise, of population density is much much lower than European or Asian countries in most cases.

Because of this, it's very very likely that 100x as many people have gotten covid than has been reported. Many people never knew they had it until they got tested it of curiosity. I've heard lots of anecdotal "I think I had it, I felt awful for two days earlier this year" from various people. Then they got tested and lo and behold, they've got the antibodies...

It doesn't help that reporting of covid cases became political and/or there was a perverse financial incentive for medical facilities to report as many covid-19 cases as they could.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-21, 08:07 PM   #333
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

As long as there is a close race someone will always say there was fraud. How do you dress that pig up so there is no appearance of fraud if people keep insisting there was? Sure pass some new laws etc. but that still won't stop the complaints. Investigate every election? That won't stop it either as the investigation will be contested as partisan politics and not fair.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-21, 08:17 PM   #334
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
This. Unless you've spent time in the US, you generally don't appreciate the vastness of it in comparison the most European countries. It takes longer to drive across Texas than it does to drive from Rome to Berlin, the example.

Likewise, of population density is much much lower than European or Asian countries in most cases.

Because of this, it's very very likely that 100x as many people have gotten covid than has been reported. Many people never knew they had it until they got tested it of curiosity. I've heard lots of anecdotal "I think I had it, I felt awful for two days earlier this year" from various people. Then they got tested and lo and behold, they've got the antibodies...

It doesn't help that reporting of covid cases became political and/or there was a perverse financial incentive for medical facilities to report as many covid-19 cases as they could.
Hospitals are required to report cases. It's not an option and it's not a particularly welcome change dictating modification of rooms and procedures, suspension of elective surgeries, shortages of PPE and parts to maintain the PPE. Staff having exposure anyway and self isolating creating staffing shortages, etc.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-21, 08:20 PM   #335
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

^ that post reminds me of a funny comment. Allegedly, When Obama was running for office against Cain. Sarah Palin made an insulting comment toward the Democrats. Obama replied, " you can put lipstick on a pig but in the end, it's still a pig. "
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 02:34 AM   #336
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Actually the production of plastic Gasoline tanks is up and rising.
The fabrication of metal tanks are focused on older model Cars and truck so becoming a niche market with great profit potential.
If you believe the oil industry is dying anytime in our life times? Your delusional.
And I mean that as an unshakable belief in something untrue.
So not a personal insult. As if I care how you take it.
Using plastic everywhere is is not a universally good idea if you think of microplastics getting into the food chain, and all this plastic trash and bags littering the oceans.

But it is generally a better idea to use crude oil and its derivatives for plastics and medicine (aspirine and paracetamol and thousands of others are now made of oil) rather than burning it.
We have this amount of oxygen in the atmosphere because so much plants were buried by sediment or whatever without being oxidised. Burning it is, apart from reducing the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere, the greenhouse effect and ecological disasters like e.g. in Nigeria, a waste.

I agree the sheer mass that is being burnt is still high and will not go down soon very fast. Unfortunately.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 02-01-21 at 02:59 AM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 03:24 AM   #337
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

<O>
Old 02-01-21, 05:18 AM   #338
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Poo! video not available to watch in Australia.

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 08:16 AM   #339
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Poo! video not available to watch in Australia.

Sorry about that; my guess is, perhaps, if SNL is shown at all in your area, it may be on a pay/premium service of some kind and NBC/Universal (the parent company that owns SNL) is trying to ensure they get their cut on any airing, even of segments; there are a number of YT videos regarding the segment I posted, some with various clips from the whole segment; if you got to YT and search for "SNL Kate McKinnon" and then click on the "Filter" feature to sort by "Upload Date", you'll find a goodly number of clips reporting on the segment; I would have posted links to those clips, but there are many and, even then, I am not sure which would be available in your area...

Regarding the claims of election fraud by the Trump minions, it should be noted that Dominion Voting Systems, who manufacture the hardware and software for the voting machines the minions and Trumpettes moan and bitch and whine about, has taken a very hard line on the claims that have been made and are now filing massive defamation/slander suits against those who have been propagating the fraud claims; notably, Trump's former attorney, Sidney Powell and current attorney, Rudy Giuliani, have been served with suits and there could be more in the wings...

I, for one, find this to be a good development; there have been some 60-odd lawsuits filed by Trump, his minions, and/or the GOP making claims about alleged voter fraud and with the exception of one suit, they have all been rejected by the courts (the lone "victory" was a suit where the Trump camp lost on the fraud claims but got the court to issue an order to preserve the vote documentation in a particular state, even though there was no indication at all the documentation was under any threat of destruction; the judge seemed to have issued the order as a 'peacekeeping' appeasement of Trumpers); the main problem for the Trump camp has been they have been all talk and no substance; in all of the cases, when the courts asked them to provide verifiable, substantial evidence and/or proof of their allegations, the Trump/minion/Trumpette/GOP plaintiffs have repeatedly either refused to provide such evidence and/or proof or have attempted to provide such flimsy substantiation as to make the courts seriously doubt the veracity and substance of the claims; remember, in US courts, before a case is sent to trail, there is always a preliminary hearing (in criminal cases, an arraignment) where the plaintiffs/prosecutors must show the court there is sufficient cause for the court to authorize the expenditure of the court system's time and resources in pursuit of a judgement; this is done to mitigate the filing of frivolous, nonsensical, or moot actions and wasting the court's time (and taxpayer money) chasing chimera; in the case(s) of the election fraud claims, none of those representing the fraud claims have been willing and/or able to present anything even remotely able to pass a court's 'sniff test' for viability to a final judgement; even the highly publicized request for a filing with SCOTUS was turned down by SCOTUS on the grounds Texas had no Constitution standing for such a filing; all the justices concurred wit the exception of Justices Alito and Thomas, and even they noted their objection was over procedure and not substance (they felt SCOTUS should have at least let Texas file the brief) and they did make specific note that while they questioned the process, they would not have granted the relief sought by Texas and that their objection to the process did not express their view on any other issue of the question...

...and, all that makes the prospect of the Dominion lawsuits so interesting: if and when the suits go to trial, the defendants (Powell, Giuliani, et el) will be compelled to prove their allegations, under sworn oath, in open court or be faced with severe financial consequences (in Giuliana's case the asked for damages is some USD $1.6 Billion dollars); the prospect of at least any one of the voter fraud allegators having to actually provide indisputable proof of their claims in court, under oath, will be interesting, indeed; the braying, whining, bitching, and moaning Trumpers have so far refused to "shut up" about their nonsense, so its now time for someone to make them "put up" and see if they've got any cattle to back up their hat, and I'm glad Dominion Voting Systems got angry enough to make it happen...

<O>
Old 02-01-21, 09:19 AM   #340
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
^ that post reminds me of a funny comment. Allegedly, When Obama was running for office against Cain.

Not funny, not Cain, (it was John McCain), and what Obama said was misogynistic and sexist.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 09:25 AM   #341
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ unless a redneck says it, then it's funny as hell and all others are pc snowflakes

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 09:29 AM   #342
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ unless a redneck says it, then it's funny as hell and all others are pc snowflakes

Uhm, no, it's not funny then either sorry.
Old 02-01-21, 09:44 AM   #343
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I'm not convinced the election was fraud-free, there are too many statistical anomalies and weirdness but without hard evidence that is out in the public eye, is there any point?
Biden campaigned from his basement. He had no real agenda to offer when he was permitted by his handlers to speak. It was by and large garbled promises. His rallies draws little to nothing. Harris' rallies even less. I believe the many states in question were of very little help in demonstrating there was no fraud as they were in demonstrating there was fraud. We are told the election by mail in ballot was the securest we have ever seen. Last Friday a friend of mine received 3 Christmas cards in the mail dated Jan 9. You mean to tell me all ballots by mail found their way to the ballot box? This does not mean ballots for Biden as well as for Trump were not late for counting, thrown out or left out on a tarmac like we have seen mail in the past. I can assure you that every election from here on out will be suspect more so than we have seen in the past.
Old 02-01-21, 09:48 AM   #344
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

In other news it is to my understanding Pelosi purchased a large amount of Tesla stocks just a day before Biden penned off another EO. This EO states all government vehicles will be electric. Is this insider trading? If Pelosi did in fact purchase the stocks for Tesla just a day before the EO, it is insider trading. Martha Stewart spent time in jail for something similar. Ethics concerns be damned.

https://money.yahoo.com/nancy-pelosi...3GJXUcHTqvbCEE

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...1-1-1029998372
Old 02-01-21, 10:12 AM   #345
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Our Vice President wants to put our coal miners to work clearing the many land mines in Virginia. Probably left over from the Civil War.