SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-14-17, 03:11 AM   #1
Check Six
Swabbie

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default Seal Team insertion in Narvik? Impossible

So my career was going well. I had sunk 25 or more vessels, warships, submarines and merchants all over the map. I got reprimanded a few times because they gave me impossible missions that required me to return to Holy Loch, refit, and pick up a seal team and insert them on the other side of the world in a day or two. Idiot brass! Also orders to prevent a wolfpack from transiting to the "North Atlantic". Even patrolling a choke point that's a BIG AREA MATE.
But I persevered. Then I got a Seal Team Insertion mission in Narvik, closer to home. I picked them up, and made my way there. For the first time, I was actually on time and able to commence the mission. Have you seen Narvik Harbour? It is a long fjord type affair, with plenty of choke points not even 2 miles wide. And I have 4 weapons. And it is shallow. And it is patrolled by 5 AI ships. Shall I go on? Did I mention the helicopters dipping all over the place?
Why, oh why make the mission IMPOSSIBLE? If I could have, I would have pretended not to receive the orders, and cop a blast for not doing my duty. But that is a suicide mission. Totally impossible. I tried at least 10 times. Sometimes I was hopeful because the sound profile gave me a good thermocline to hide under, but no.
So, next time, do I simply refuse the mission? By the way, I am playing on "Normal" difficulty, not "Hard Core" or whatever the next highest level of insanity is called. What do I do?
Check Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-17, 02:40 PM   #2
YoYo
Ensign

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 2

Check 1.02 the changelog. It will improve this situation I think.

SH fan, btw. my U-boot Typ VII C41 Click!
YoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-17, 10:09 PM   #3
Cpt.JoshuaGoldwater
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check Six View Post
So my career was going well. I had sunk 25 or more vessels, warships, submarines and merchants all over the map. I got reprimanded a few times because they gave me impossible missions that required me to return to Holy Loch, refit, and pick up a seal team and insert them on the other side of the world in a day or two. Idiot brass! Also orders to prevent a wolfpack from transiting to the "North Atlantic". Even patrolling a choke point that's a BIG AREA MATE.
But I persevered. Then I got a Seal Team Insertion mission in Narvik, closer to home. I picked them up, and made my way there. For the first time, I was actually on time and able to commence the mission. Have you seen Narvik Harbour? It is a long fjord type affair, with plenty of choke points not even 2 miles wide. And I have 4 weapons. And it is shallow. And it is patrolled by 5 AI ships. Shall I go on? Did I mention the helicopters dipping all over the place?
Why, oh why make the mission IMPOSSIBLE? If I could have, I would have pretended not to receive the orders, and cop a blast for not doing my duty. But that is a suicide mission. Totally impossible. I tried at least 10 times. Sometimes I was hopeful because the sound profile gave me a good thermocline to hide under, but no.
So, next time, do I simply refuse the mission? By the way, I am playing on "Normal" difficulty, not "Hard Core" or whatever the next highest level of insanity is called. What do I do?
Don't forget the minefield..... I got bored trying to sail all the way so I did it flank with all my equipment out and they spotted me. I shocked the enemy sub more than it shocked me lol
Cpt.JoshuaGoldwater is offline   Reply With Quote