SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-10, 01:13 PM   #91
comet61
Sparky

Downloads: 240
Uploads: 0
Default Magui

Sorry...no other mods were loaded after Magui. I learned the lesson of loading anything after the initial load. I always roll back prior to new mods.

So I opened up the Camera.dat in the *.rar file. Guess what? Only 2 entries in the periscope Optics section: 1.5x and 6x...no 15x. I edited the lines and added the 15x. I went and checked the Obs scope optical parameters...it was OK. Why is this? I have no idea. There was no "cross-filing" that I am aware of. I keep all older versions in their separate folders to minimize confusion. Once de-activated via JGSME (Magui 3.1) I deleted all Magui files (older ones). SH Commander always rolls back after I am done in the sim. Then I load files usually 1 at a time. I have created a mission with nothing but the uboat and utilize the blank campaign mod to check all new mods. Magui 3.2.1 does work flawlessly, so no problem there. But on initial checking in the blank mission to make sure that Magui and it's add-ons were working I fiddled with the Attack scope and all I got was 1.5x and 6x....no 15x. I tripled checked it, made sure I was not mistaken. Just the 2 views in the attack scope. I did in fact switch over to the Obs scope to make sure I didn't have them backwards....nope. So, I checked it out for a few minutes before I wrote the post concerning the views in the attack scope.

Not here to create a problem. The problem is solved as far as I am concerned. Perhaps I got a "rogue" file, I don't know. Not sure what happened. On another note: I do in fact edit other files to suit my needs, but they are very minor.
Old 05-05-10, 01:15 PM   #92
java`s revenge
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 97

I have took the fix from your website...

Here is a screenshot,

Last edited by java`s revenge; 05-05-10 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-05-10, 05:25 PM   #93
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by comet61 View Post
Sorry...no other mods were loaded after Magui. I learned the lesson of loading anything after the initial load. I always roll back prior to new mods.

So I opened up the Camera.dat in the *.rar file. Guess what? Only 2 entries in the periscope Optics section: 1.5x and 6x...no 15x. I edited the lines and added the 15x. I went and checked the Obs scope optical parameters...it was OK. Why is this? I have no idea. There was no "cross-filing" that I am aware of. I keep all older versions in their separate folders to minimize confusion. Once de-activated via JGSME (Magui 3.1) I deleted all Magui files (older ones). SH Commander always rolls back after I am done in the sim. Then I load files usually 1 at a time. I have created a mission with nothing but the uboat and utilize the blank campaign mod to check all new mods. Magui 3.2.1 does work flawlessly, so no problem there. But on initial checking in the blank mission to make sure that Magui and it's add-ons were working I fiddled with the Attack scope and all I got was 1.5x and 6x....no 15x. I tripled checked it, made sure I was not mistaken. Just the 2 views in the attack scope. I did in fact switch over to the Obs scope to make sure I didn't have them backwards....nope. So, I checked it out for a few minutes before I wrote the post concerning the views in the attack scope.

Not here to create a problem. The problem is solved as far as I am concerned. Perhaps I got a "rogue" file, I don't know. Not sure what happened. On another note: I do in fact edit other files to suit my needs, but they are very minor.
.....thats very strange Comet !

becuase i just downloaded the MaGui 3.2.1 and opened its cameras.dat
everything is ok in there ,i see three entries for the zooms.
you must open the cameras.dat of MaGui's files BEFORE you install it to see if it has three zooms.
DON'T open the cameras.dat from the data of silent hunter(after you have installed the mod) becuase if something is messed at your installation you will be not able to see the three zooms in there.now, if you did so, again i am telling you that your installation for MaGui is not correct and the only problem will possibly not be only that with the zooms.
but as long i see the three entries for the zooms at attack scope in MaGui's files and these entries are not showing in your install the only thing that i can think is that you have messed your install

ps: i didn't say that you are trying to make trouble ! i said what you must do in order to have valid comments becuase with all these mods conflicts out there, is pretty easy (and more possible) to be an ''install'' problem than a 'bug' of mod . you can be sure that if indeed was a bug i would have correct it

Quote:
Originally Posted by java`s revenge View Post
I have took the fix from your website...

Here is a screenshot,
that fix is for MaGui v2+ .as i told you, you must run the fix for the current version of MaGui .the fix is in the .rar of MaGui 3.2.1
navigate through the contents of the .rar and you will find it .
if you run MaGui 3.2.1 you have to use the fix called '' FM_NI FIX for MaGui 3.2.1''
Also ,everything you need is inside the .rar of MaGui 3.2.1 .i am telling you that becuase ,as i see from your pic, you have the casing for stealthmeter but not the sub's icon so you haven't use the ''optional-no stealthmeter for MaGui 3.2.1'' but probably you used the optional for an older version

my advice is to delete everything that involves older versions and keep only the .rar for MaGui 3.2.1 .all you need are in there

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 05-05-10, 11:51 PM   #94
java`s revenge
Ace of the Deep

Thanks, it`s all okay now
Old 05-06-10, 03:23 AM   #95
swampy
Torpedoman

Downloads: 187

I have a question about the attack disk. Sometimes it "resets" so when I pull it up again all the info is lost.
What actions affects the attack disk?

I refer to the disk that can be pulled up just under the recognition manual
Old 05-06-10, 06:52 PM   #96
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy View Post
I have a question about the attack disk. Sometimes it "resets" so when I pull it up again all the info is lost.
What actions affects the attack disk?

I refer to the disk that can be pulled up just under the recognition manual
hi Swampy,

basically ,whenever you use a tool the others are effected becuase of the fact that most of them are 'sharing' the same type of dials alteration . that means that the tools doesn't have 'memory'

bye

Old 05-14-10, 03:06 AM   #97
makman94
Hellas

Hello guys,

i added a button at MaGui that is applying a filter on both scopes.(see the pics below)
at the moment i am working at the filter itself (color,transparency...etc)
there is a limitation on the technique i used to apply this filter and this is that the filter is visual on all pages(filter is attached at the layout page) even if we 'leave' from periscopes's pages and we will have to manually switch it off via the button ( in other words...the filter will not automatically switched off).but there is ,afaik, no better way to have a filter applied to scopes and at the same time the scope and its tools to be availiable and fuctional .with this method we can have a filter on scope and also all features of scopes to be in use

now,becuase of the fact that the design of filter is a real headache for me i want to ask the fans of MaGui if they are interested to this addition so i will finish it or else i will drop it down.also,if anyone wants to produce some filters for me (i will give him all needed details for the dimensions of filter) in order to test them ,would be great !

pics:

Old 05-14-10, 03:09 AM   #98
comet61
Sparky

Downloads: 240
Default Filters

I vote "YES"!!
Old 05-14-10, 03:19 AM   #99
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post

i want to ask the fans of MaGui if they are interested to this addition so i will finish it or else i will drop it down.also,if anyone wants to produce some filters for me (i will give him all needed details for the dimensions of filter) in order to test them ,would be great !

Hi makman !

Very clear: Yes!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 05-14-10, 04:57 AM   #100
Assprella
Watch

Downloads: 49

Salve!
I think it is great, I want it.
If somebody explain me how to do the job on the filters I try to help you in the way you need.
At your disposal.
Old 05-14-10, 06:39 AM   #101
java`s revenge
Ace of the Deep

Yes, that will be great
Old 05-15-10, 10:19 AM   #102
piri_reis
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 115

Yes, just getting back into SH3, would be nice to have another update.
thanks makman

Lt.z.S. Barbaros Hayreddin, U-35, 2nd Flot/Kiel, Type VIIB
Oct.29.1939, 2nd Patrol Eastern English Waters
Running SH5/TWOS
Old 05-15-10, 05:24 PM   #103
makman94
Hellas

ok guys, i am also changing the lightness of scopes and it will take some time till i get it where i want it ! as soon it is ready,it will be released

bye

Old 05-16-10, 02:51 PM   #104
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
ok guys, i am also changing the lightness of scopes and it will take some time till i get it where i want it ! as soon it is ready,it will be released

bye
Hi makman !

That´s an very good Decision!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 05-16-10, 04:01 PM   #105
briklebritt
Bosun

Downloads: 145

hi makman,

i tested the bearing aob tool in your mod like TXT-file says...
i did it 5 times and never got correct AOB with this tool.

i waited (3 minutes) between b1 and b2 and (3 minutes) between b2 and b3.

i got:
B1 346
B2 357
B3 4 (364)

so... B2-B1 = 11 and B3-B1 = 18

i used tool and got a AOB of 138

but when i go to map and draw with goniometer at first bearing (346) and the course of the ship i got an AOB about 100 at (346) and not 138.

Where is my error? can u help?

oh, i got 3 things in your GIU which did not work for me. i cannot click "logbook", "obs perisope" and "radio messages" - do you know about?
Closed Thread