SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-21, 01:13 PM   #17
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boche View Post
Hi guys! one question. Has anyone found a fix for starting patrols at Bergen?

Everytime I try i always spawn slighly behind the uboat pen and on ground, leading to my death. I know its got something to do with moving the spawn coordinated but i dont know how to do that. Also starting patrol at sea leads me to the same outcome.

Thank you!

What year, what boat, which WAC-version?
To me it looks there is no problem with the Startposition in original WAC v5.2 Campaign_LND. The Startpoint in Bergen with a 7c-boat in 1942 and 43 works for me.

What do you mean with starting at sea? The use with Commander, or a separate Mod?
What i have seen so far there is a "WAC_5.0_Commander_light" with that option, but the related file "Start at sea.cfg" is empty. So i think with that constellation you will not see any difference in a "normal" Start and a "Start at Sea".

The Startpoint is always located in the Campaign_LND.mis. To change it you have to open that file with the SH3Missioneditor and move the related Harbor-point a bit in the right direction. This may need some more steps to find the right position. You have to use "Open LND Units" and "Save as LND units" in the Loading -Options. It may or may not needed to put the new coordinates (Lon Lat) also into the Flotilla.cfg.
Then you should put these changed files into a JSGME-drawer-structure under the same Name as the Originals.
For example
MODs (or whatever your MODs-folder-name is)\MyNewBergenStartpoint(or something like that)\data\Campaigns\Campaign\Campaign_LND.mis
and
...\data\cfg\Flotilla.cfg

HTH.
Hebe Vollmaus is offline   Reply With Quote