SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-28-20, 07:08 PM   #1
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Old Player back at it again. Needed some mod advice.

Hey y'all. Recently reinstalled SH5 and SH3 on my PC again, and had some questions about which mods are the standard must haves for SH5.

I'm under the understanding that TWOS is the defacto megamod at this point, what add-ons would everyone suggest to download in top of that?

Thanks.

-Casey
Old 01-29-20, 06:11 AM   #2
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Hi Casey
THEBERBSTER'S The Wolves of Steel JSGME Mods Lists With And Without Real Navigation > 100% CTD Free
Peter

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-20, 07:09 PM   #3
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Sweet sounds good. Does TWOS now include the tonnage bar fix and everything as well? Do any of the options 2/3 mean I cannot use the TWOS encrypted orders and other TWOS mods w/o causing crashes? Or should I be good to use any of the TWOS mods?
Old 01-30-20, 11:41 PM   #4
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

TWoS fixes everything.... ever eeee thing!!!! The best thing ever created!

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-20, 09:13 AM   #5
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
Right on. Do you have any supplemental add-ons you prefer to add?

Also is there a solid guide to intercepting radio contacts and full on manual targeting?

Do ships flood/sink per zone buoancy like in say GWX3?
Old 01-31-20, 10:21 AM   #6
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
Also I have the old Uplay version of SHV.

At this point I'd it easier to mod the SH3/4/V via the steam version? I noticed TWOS apparently you have to jump through hoops for the Uplay version? Consideri g it's 10$ on steam if it's easier I may just pickup the steam version if it's easier.
Old 01-31-20, 11:56 AM   #7
Blitzen Trap
Swabbie

Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNSRCaseySmith View Post

At this point I'd it easier to mod the SH3/4/V via the steam version? I noticed TWOS apparently you have to jump through hoops for the Uplay version? Consideri g it's 10$ on steam if it's easier I may just pickup the steam version if it's easier.
I recently came back to this game as well. I picked up the steam version and was able to install TWoS relatively simply with no real issues so far. If you have issues with the uplay version, i would say spending the $10 bucks is worth it. Just follow the instructions to a T and it should work fine.

As far as mods go, TWoS will come with some additional mods you can install/uninstall via JSGME. I uninstalled Real Navigation and Encrypted BDU messages myself (Although I would recommend using the Enigma machine at least once or twice just to experience it. For whatever reason I still occasionally get encrypted messages and had a blast learning to use the machine to decrypt them. Gave me a new appreciation for the minds that came up with that process of encryption.)

I also installed a mod called critical hits for torpedoes. Other than that, TWoS seems to be pretty much a one-stop shop to making Silent hunter 5 the game it SHOULD have been on release all those years ago.
Blitzen Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-20, 01:19 PM   #8
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen Trap View Post
I recently came back to this game as well. I picked up the steam version and was able to install TWoS relatively simply with no real issues so far. If you have issues with the uplay version, i would say spending the $10 bucks is worth it. Just follow the instructions to a T and it should work fine.

As far as mods go, TWoS will come with some additional mods you can install/uninstall via JSGME. I uninstalled Real Navigation and Encrypted BDU messages myself (Although I would recommend using the Enigma machine at least once or twice just to experience it. For whatever reason I still occasionally get encrypted messages and had a blast learning to use the machine to decrypt them. Gave me a new appreciation for the minds that came up with that process of encryption.)

I also installed a mod called critical hits for torpedoes. Other than that, TWoS seems to be pretty much a one-stop shop to making Silent hunter 5 the game it SHOULD have been on release all those years ago.
Sweet! Are critical hits not modeled in TWOS as it stands? How about flooding mechanics on their boats and stuff?
Old 01-31-20, 04:27 PM   #9
Blitzen Trap
Swabbie

Downloads: 22

Quote:

Quote:
Sweet! Are critical hits not modeled in TWOS as it stands? How about flooding mechanics on their boats and stuff?
Honestly...thats a great question lol.
Blitzen Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-20, 04:48 PM   #10
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

Click my signature for tutorials on manual targeting and radio contact interception. Some vids are for SH3 but work 100% for TWoS!

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-20, 07:10 PM   #11
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen Trap View Post
Honestly...thats a great question lol.

So.. pulled teh trigger on the 10$ steam version along with SH4 and Uboats addon on Steam. SH4 works fine. SH5 however cannot connect to the UBI Service or its unavailable.

Any ideas?