SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-19-09, 02:32 AM   #1
Malakie
Bosun

Downloads: 129
Uploads: 0
Default assistance with mod downloading

Hi all,

I am on a mission to update my system and the simulations I play and use on this system. However I have one huge stumbling block. I am now on full Veteran's disability thus my income is pretty much nothing. Due to that and the location I have to live I am forced to use a very basic dial-up connection of a whopping 24.4k baud rate. Thus me downloading updates, mods and files is no longer possible.

So I am visiting a few sites (this one and a couple others that also have huge patches/updates for the game as well as for mods) for products I own in hopes someone would be willing to download the files I need, copy them to a CD and send the disc to me via mail. I would be able to pay a few dollars via Paypal to cover the cost of the mail and the disc for anyone who could help me out.

If someone is willing and able to do this, please leave me a private message or email me at the following address: Use MalakieUSN at either googles mail address or at the hot mail address and I will reply back and we can figure out details.

Thanks..

Malakie

Malakie

United States Navy Service Connected Disabled Veteran.
"A nation that forgets its veterans will itself soon be forgotten", Abraham Lincoln.

Malakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 03:54 PM   #2
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

just do your downloading at a friends house or go to an internet cafe, problem solved
Old 11-19-09, 05:37 PM   #3
Malakie
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post
just do your downloading at a friends house or go to an internet cafe, problem solved

If it were that simple I would. I live 70 miles from the nearest internet cafe'. All my 'friends' are either still on the other side of the world or do not live any where near me.

All I need is the extra money for gas for a 140 mile round trip, the internet cafe' fees, oh and someone to drive since right now I cannot due to one of my injuries, then I shall take your 'suggestion' fully to heart.

Had I wanted a sarcastic reply, I would have asked for one. I simply asked if anyone would be willing to help.

If no one is able or willing to help, so be it. One never knows until they ask. I hope YOU never have to endure or be put in the position I am in.

Malakie

"A nation that forgets its veterans will itself soon be forgotten", Abraham Lincoln.

Old 11-19-09, 06:12 PM   #4
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakie View Post
If it were that simple I would. I live 70 miles from the nearest internet cafe'. All my 'friends' are either still on the other side of the world or do not live any where near me.

All I need is the extra money for gas for a 140 mile round trip, the internet cafe' fees, oh and someone to drive since right now I cannot due to one of my injuries, then I shall take your 'suggestion' fully to heart.

Had I wanted a sarcastic reply, I would have asked for one. I simply asked if anyone would be willing to help.

If no one is able or willing to help, so be it. One never knows until they ask. I hope YOU never have to endure or be put in the position I am in.
well it just so happens i AM living on disability and barely get by myself and know all too well what its like so dont tell me i dont understand.

i offered you a solution and you want to get bent out of shape over it.

well you never mentioned you didnt have anyone living within 70 miles of your house you could meet and get to know that would be willing to help you.

with that kind of attitude im sure people will be lining up to help you.
Old 11-19-09, 10:08 PM   #5
Malakie
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post
well it just so happens i AM living on disability and barely get by myself and know all too well what its like so dont tell me i dont understand.

i offered you a solution and you want to get bent out of shape over it.

well you never mentioned you didnt have anyone living within 70 miles of your house you could meet and get to know that would be willing to help you.

with that kind of attitude im sure people will be lining up to help you.

First I am not trying to get in a tiff over this.. rather the way your message comes across to me was kind of 'in your face' and one of those reactions I also get in real life when I need physical help with something.. people look at me like ' why don't you do it yourself you lazy bum'. This is especially true when I am with one of my daughters and they are carrying the heavy items.

I did not mention I was that far away from everything because I figured anyone willing to help might assume there were extenuating reasons I could not do it some other way and thus the reason I am asking for help in this.

You own tag/signature line says it all... and in my opinion your first reply to me came across as I explained thus my reaction.

Malakie

Old 11-19-09, 11:09 PM   #6
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

well its not my fault if you read more into my answer than just what it says

yes i was simply suggesting the obvious source of help the average person would have access to, but many people overlook or simply never think of the obvious ways to get help all the time so since you didnt provide enough info for me to know that you did not have this option, then how could i ever know that?

anyway, good luck with it

Last edited by Webster; 11-19-09 at 11:49 PM.
Old 11-20-09, 06:04 AM   #7
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

I'll give you a hand.
Read your PM
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-09, 08:54 AM   #8
Malakie
Bosun

Thanks.. sent you a PM...

Malakie