SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-23-14, 12:43 AM   #91
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

The sonar guy still doesn't know about depth charges !
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 02:54 AM   #92
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Anyone knows, how to determine which hydrophone is equipped from a python script? Question from post 1
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 08:33 AM   #93
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Anyone knows, how to determine which hydrophone is equipped from a python script? Question from post 1
You can't. The python scripts aren't that powerful.

I was looking over this realistic hydrophone mod and well I had to have a laugh. Reason why there is no more work on it by the author? He is trying to do things that the scripts just can't do. He needs to be doing it in assembly. That's the only way he's ever going to be able to do what he wants. Judging by his responses he doesn't know how to program in assembly. Good smoke and mirrors mod though
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 08:49 AM   #94
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
You can't. The python scripts aren't that powerful.

I was looking over the real hydrophone mod and well I had to have a laugh. Reason why there is no more work on it by the author? He is trying to do things that the scripts just can't do. He needs to be doing it in assembly. That's the only way he's ever going to be able to do what he wants. Judging by his responses he doesn't know how to program in assembly. Good smoke and mirrors mod though
On a side note, I and vdr1981 were able to equip our u-boat with two hydrophones at a time (assigned to the same upgrade pack). It works in part, but it is not clear which sensor ranges are applied for both AI and human detection at any given time. Do you think there is a way to handle the two sensors correctly through assembly? This would be very useful if we want to simulate the KDB (rotating device) correctly in game. Due to its short range, the latter was always fitted togeher with the older GHG model (only used at short ranges due to its wide 'field of view' and to its higher precision)
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 09:06 AM   #95
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
On a side note, I and vdr1981 were able to equip our u-boat with two hydrophones at a time (assigned to the same upgrade pack). It works in part, but it is not clear which sensor ranges are applied for both AI and human detection at any given time. Do you think there is a way to handle the two sensors correctly through assembly?
Almost anything can be done with assembly. I know where the code is iterating over all the sensors of an object but never followed it in depth to see actually how it's 'using' the sensors. When I start writing patches again I'll look into it more
Old 01-23-14, 09:11 AM   #96
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Almost anything can be done with assembly. I know where the code is iterating over all the sensors of an object but never followed it in depth to see actually how it's 'using' the sensors. When I start writing patches again I'll look into it more
That would be a real breakthrough. Even with its (python-imposed) limitations, I find tcharlii's work brilliant. Especially the correlation between detection ranges/angles and angular accuracy. I hope you can merge it in your upcoming hydrophone patch(es)
Old 01-23-14, 09:15 AM   #97
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
That would be a real breakthrough. Even with its (python-imposed) limitations, I find tcharlii's work brilliant. Especially the correlation between detection ranges/angles and angular accuracy. I hope you can merge it in your upcoming hydrophone patch(es)
Sorry I wouldn't bother with this mod. It's too limiting in how it's done things. It's not proper if you follow me. Redo it in assembly then I'll consider it. I really have nothing good to say about this mod so I'll just keep quiet now.
Old 01-23-14, 09:31 AM   #98
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Sorry I wouldn't bother with this mod. It's too limiting in how it's done things. It's not proper if you follow me. Redo it in assembly then I'll consider it. I really have nothing good to say about this mod so I'll just keep quiet now.
I am not talking about the implementation of this mod that, as you have stated, is probably poor due to python-limitation. I am talking about its concepts, which imo are sound