SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-28-13, 05:07 AM   #1696
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace11 View Post
I'm getting far more than 2.5%, anecdotally, it's nearly 40 to 50%. Whether this is affected by gyro angle, or your torpedo man's skills I don't know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choum View Post
Same problem 50-75% of my torpedo make circle.
Take a look at my test-report above - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2044536&postcount=1684

Fixes torpedo circle runner chance patch is not working correctly..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 05:30 AM   #1697
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

I agree, those patches aren't working as intented.
Way too much torpedos circling (lately all of 4 fired ) and still have AI crew damage control desabled...as well as magnetic detonator range defects giving me way too much premature torp explosions
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 05:49 AM   #1698
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
I agree, those patches aren't working as intented.
Way too much torpedos circling (lately all of 4 fired ) ...
Not those..
one of them - Fixes torpedo circle runner chance
the second one - Checks for torpedo rudder jam on initial turn - works correctly.. one circle runner of 25-30 torpedoes..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
Old 04-28-13, 10:45 AM   #1699
Mysterius
Swabbie

Downloads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Try to disable the patches one by one and see/test what happens in the game..

Thank you Volodya, I found the problem .
I activated by accident the fix that removes certain items from the game (don't remember the actual name).

Without it, it works !
Mysterius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 11:00 AM   #1700
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterius View Post
Thank you Volodya, I found the problem .
I activated by accident the fix that removes certain items from the game (don't remember the actual name).

Without it, it works !
Glad to hear..
Perhaps your find will be helpful to someone else

Old 04-29-13, 02:46 AM   #1701
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

For those that would like to test out the ships and subs not falling through the sea floor and disappearing patch as I currently have it it's available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mtzrgbs5b34844u

There are two patches for it: one is located in the SHCollisions patch and the other is located in the SHSim patch

It's not perfect yet but it's functional
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-13, 04:50 AM   #1702
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Thanks TDW

I'll test these new patches and report back.. soon..

Old 04-29-13, 10:06 AM   #1703
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Thanks TDW

I'll test these new patches and report back.. soon..
The circle runner and rudder jam on initial turn are not one and the same. The circle runner causes the torpedo to turn in a circle immediately after it fires. The rudder jam on initial turn causes the torpedo to turn in a circle after it completes it's initial turn (approx. 100-150m after leaving the tube).

I'll look to see why the % chance is so high sometimes. I haven't experienced a 40-50% rate

Were the subs able to make their torpedoes circle runners if they wanted to? I could see a use for intentional circle runners

What I'm curious to know about the units falling through sea floor patches is what happens to the units sitting on the sea floor when you save/reload? Do they disappear? Are they healthy again?
Old 04-29-13, 10:14 AM   #1704
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
TDW, do we still need AI Crew Damage Control Revised Zones.cfg when using AI Crew Damage Control patch?
I would recommend it
Old 04-29-13, 10:15 AM   #1705
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
The circle runner and rudder jam on initial turn are not one and the same. The circle runner causes the torpedo to turn in a circle immediately after it fires. The rudder jam on initial turn causes the torpedo to turn in a circle after it completes it's initial turn (approx. 100-150m after leaving the tube).
I realized this at once.. but.. (below)

Quote:
I'll look to see why the % chance is so high sometimes. I haven't experienced a 40-50% rate
Were the subs able to make their torpedoes circle runners if they wanted to? I could see a use for intentional circle runners
When I tested all the new patches (report post at the previous page), I noticed that failure chance not even 40-50% but almost 100% sometimes..

EDIT:
Quote:
I would recommend it
OK.. Thanks

Old 04-30-13, 12:33 AM   #1706
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
When I tested all the new patches (report post at the previous page), I noticed that failure chance not even 40-50% but almost 100% sometimes..
I went back and looked over the patch for the circle runner fix. One thing I found is that it doesn't take effect until the torpedo makes it's initial turn. This made the rudder jam on initial turn patch obsolete and thus has been removed. The other interesting thing is if the torpedo doesn't make any turns (just goes straight ahead) then the circle runner chance is set to 0%. If the torpedo makes just a 1 degree turn then the circle runner chance is applied. Thus I have revised the circle runner fix patch. Now you will get a truly random % chance of a circle runner. The problem with the old code was I thought MSVCR90.rand returned a 32 bit number in EAX - it actually returns a 16 bit number in EAX. Thus my code was incorrect. Now the code reflects a max 16 bit number being returned from MSVCR90.rand

v1.0.85.0 released. See post #1

Starting with v1.0.85.0 added patch to SHSim.act and SHCollisions.act that stops destroyed ships and subs from falling through the sea floor and disappearing (1st draft of this patch - more work to do on it). Removed patch Rudder jam on initial turn from SHSim.act. Revised patch Fix circle runner chance in SHSim.act

Old 04-30-13, 12:55 AM   #1707
Fifi
Navy Seal

Good job TheDarkWraith
Will test it very soon with my new campaign!
Old 04-30-13, 03:32 AM   #1708
Fifi
Navy Seal

Patch Fix circle runner chance still giving me many circling torpedos...
Fired 4, 2 were circling!

About destroyed ships falling through the sea floor and disappearing, my last one disappeared before reaching ground. Maybe because it was too deep?

Still can't use the TDC AOB and Speed dials fix. It's a real mess here, cause i'm using the officer dialog window to enter datas, and it's not working when i set AOB. Have to switch the red button to green back and forth to enter datas each time. And when green, the solution line doesn't follow the boat course even with the right speed entered...
Usually, i enter datas in window when button is red. And all works fine. Maybe i'm not using it as intended?

The broken stadimeter patch fix seems ok though.

And last, the magnetic detonator range defects is still giving me way plenty of torpedos exploding before boat. Sometime (could say very often) it's the whole load of torpedos exploding before hitting boat
Old 04-30-13, 04:03 AM   #1709
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Still can't use the TDC AOB and Speed dials fix. It's a real mess here, cause i'm using the officer dialog window to enter datas, and it's not working when i set AOB. Have to switch the red button to green back and forth to enter datas each time. And when green, the solution line doesn't follow the boat course even with the right speed entered...
Usually, i enter datas in window when button is red. And all works fine. Maybe i'm not using it as intended?
This is a cut of my report-post -

Quote:
2. TDC AOB and Speed dials fix
Change3 - Fixes TDC Speed dial resetting
Change4 - Fixes TDC Speed dial resetting

When these two changes are enabled auto targeting is not working.. Changes 1 and 2 (AOB dial fixes) are working correctly..
Quote:
And last, the magnetic detonator range defects is still giving me way plenty of torpedos exploding before boat. Sometime (could say very often) it's the whole load of torpedos exploding before hitting boat
Premature detonation is a normal practice when using the magnetic detonators in a rough sea..

Old 04-30-13, 04:50 AM   #1710
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Premature detonation is a normal practice when using the magnetic detonators in a rough sea..
Depending what you call rough sea...
It happens in all kind of sea here, even calm