SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-07, 01:08 PM   #11
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini
Hi Racerboy,

First of all thanks for this great add on for Sh3!
I like much eye candy and effects...adds imersion and the game becomes more fun and less boring (SH3 is a tooooo long game ).

Some feed back...
Two things that i don't liked (it's only my taste, not a criticism , ok? ): smoke from ships are too "light" and slim sometimes. And I also prefer the stock depth charge splash detonation above water. That is ok, I already changed these two textures in my installation and all goes well.

But...when I was looking for the above water depth charge detonation splash I opened your materials.dat with the TT tools (the one that we use to look at the textures inside .dat files) and noticed that several textures are now just a small square of a tiny gray/white without alpha channel. Then I just used the old stock textures for the depth charge splashes and the effects becomes good (better) than the one using your materials.dat (version 2.01).
Well, to finish: could be this an error with the textures on your file or I'm missing something??:hmm:

Regards,

Rubini.
If you would like, send me your files that you have changed or would like changed and I will evalute them. If they prove to provide better effects then I will incorporate them.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote