SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-06-13, 03:26 AM   #256
cdp44
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 118
Uploads: 0

To clarify, there is no Montana in a stock game, another modder made the model.

I´d also recommend not adding any other playable ships on top of my ships, since these mods usually modify same files. My ships would not work as they should.

Cdp44

Last edited by cdp44; 08-06-13 at 05:11 AM.
cdp44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-13, 04:15 AM   #257
iyiskipper
Seaman

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdp44 View Post
To clarify, there is no Montany in a stock game, another modder made the model.
Cdp44
yeah, sorry I meant NBB_North_Carolina was the stock model and similar to

didn't mean to confuse things or make your workload any harder lol
Old 08-06-13, 06:13 PM   #258
CORSICA
Swabbie

Downloads: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by iyiskipper View Post
you may have misread my post..

1) The montana IS NOT in his shippack mod.
it's probably in RFB Mod or something else you have enabled on top of his.
Thanks for the clarification but already knew that. Yes it's a single battle ship mod.

Quote:
2) He does not require giving me permissions, as he would have to remake his own version from scratch
If he decided to add it in by doing all the hard work himself & incorporating it into his own mod.

Being it's a stock ship that came with sh4 he really doesn't "need" to ask anyone if he makes his own version.
you just need to ask him to make it & I'm sure that message has already been received.
I still thought he needed perms but if not that's even better. Now I was talking on not redoing entirely the ship from scratch and witch in my opinion would be more a waste of time but just using the same files already made for the Montana and just changing the skin. BTW I'm just talking about the single ship not the ship pack for RFB and was not looking to have it in the ship pack just a simple change that's all. Now I'm no expert in scripting so can't really know if it's difficult or not. Sry.

Quote:
I disagree, The Lucky Lou is! . J/K

You're right we should try and tackle on the sea one day just you and me jejejeje
CORSICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-13, 03:00 AM   #259
iyiskipper
Seaman

Downloads: 8

<snip>

CORSICA check your pm box, I made you a "skin"

we need to stop spamming his thread now.

Last edited by iyiskipper; 08-07-13 at 07:56 AM.
iyiskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 04:45 PM   #260
Mappy81
Nub

Downloads: 29

None of my boats have guns... only AA D: i downloaded core mods and all that D:
Mappy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-13, 06:30 PM   #261
cdp44
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mappy81 View Post
None of my boats have guns... only AA D: i downloaded core mods and all that D:
What mods do you use, what is your load order.

Cdp44
Old 08-18-13, 09:24 PM   #262
Mappy81
Nub

Quote:
What mods do you use, what is your load order.

Cdp44
No mods at the moment and load order is the shippack then core files
Old 08-19-13, 08:57 AM   #263
cdp44
Electrician's Mate

Which guns, which ship. I just checked the files, and they are fine.
Also make sure you have GFO v1.1.

The thing is, no one reported same problem, and my install works fine, so I don´t know what might cause that.

Cdp44
Old 08-19-13, 09:11 AM   #264
Mappy81
Nub

Quote:
Which guns, which ship. I just checked the files, and they are fine.
Also make sure you have GFO v1.1.

The thing is, no one reported same problem, and my install works fine, so I don´t know what might cause that.

Cdp44
all the big guns and all the ships :/ and i tried it with GFO v1.1 :/ and im running SH4 V1.5
Old 08-19-13, 09:18 AM   #265
cdp44
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mappy81 View Post
all the big guns and all the ships :/ and i tried it with GFO v1.1 :/ and im running SH4 V1.5
That is weird. Try to download ShipPack again, and this time do not enable Core files.

Also load order should be - GFO->ShipPack.

Cdp44
Old 09-01-13, 01:14 PM   #266
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

Amazing work very well done.

What is GF0 1.1? thanks
Old 09-02-13, 01:47 PM   #267
cdp44
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach View Post
Amazing work very well done.

What is GF0 1.1? thanks
GFO means Game Fixes Only mod by Webster.

Cdp44
Old 09-09-13, 10:01 AM   #268
Bothersome
Planesman

Downloads: 64

This ship pack is the best playable ships for SH4 that works very well in TMO+RSRD. I have not noticed any off behavior with these ships or with the AI (so far). The detection and abilities seem to work as expected.

I have not tried every ship in the ship pack, but I've tried Ise, Northampton, New Mexico, Brooklyn. These ships work very well except one tiny thing that bugs me. The engine sound is way too loud for inside the ship and it cuts out sometimes. But the engine sound comes back after a save. Might just be on my end but something needs to be done to make a less annoying engines sound.

There are two other ships that I'd love to see included in this ship pack that are ALMOST ready. The USS Iowa and the USS North Carolina.

The ships can be found here >> http://www.mediafire.com/folder/4cob...4/Public_Files.

The North Carolina needs Aircraft Guns to be activated and a way to turn the General Quarters alarm off after a successful hit on you has happened. Also the range needs fixing, has way too much I would imagine. It needs bridge and binoculars modes too.

The Iowa needs about 10,000 more nautical miles on its range added (according to wikipedia about range of that ship). The ship pitches and rolls WAY too much for such a large ship. The ship accelerates, turns, and stops way too fast for such a large ship. The General Quarters alarm needs an off command too.

I've tried to fix them but it's beyond my ability. Since you have done such a great job on the ship pack, could you please get these added for us avid SH4 surface commanders? Pretty please, with sugar on top?

Thanks much for your time.

Oh by the way, to make these two other ships work well, you have to use your AI Visual Mod v1.0 after installing the ships.
Bothersome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-13, 01:42 AM   #269
Bothersome
Planesman

Downloads: 64
Default Playable USS Iawa Battleship

OK I fixed the Iowa myself.

Here is the text in the readme file inside the ZIP archive...
Quote:
This is the USS Iowa for Silent Hunter 4 version 1.5 for use in TMO 2.5 + RSRD with patch

Playable Iowa Version 1.3

This mod was created by someone else but the files had no information as to who did it. There were quite a few problems with the original mod so I fixed it to perform as a real Iowa class battleship should. I got the information for performances from Wikipedia. Basically, the mass, ranges, drag figures were changed to make the ship accelerate and stop as a real ship (that is heavy) would. AI Sensor information was taken from a file or two from AI Visual Mod file that were provided by Tom Mares. These were needed to get the turrets to work correctly in high seas.

The range listed on Wikipedia is probably a modern figure for this ship (meaning they might not have been that much at WW2 era). But the missions in RSRD require you to have a vessel with decent range if you plan on making it back to home port since we can't refuel at sea. I figure it was a better compromise than selecting infinite fuel from the options. It sure would have been a shame to not be able to use this ship in campaign mode because the range was too low.Version 1.2 changes the location of the periscopes and radar units to make the ship "make more sense". I hope she's ready for sea trials now.

Version 1.1 re-addresses the guns ranges, accuracy, and ammo amounts for this ship only. I decided to get away from Tom Mares weapons and ammo properties because I didn't want to include all the guns and ammo from his ships mod just to get this one ship into the game. This ship should be compatible with his ships mod as an addon to it. Although I have not tested it, I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. Although the gun ranges will have changed a bit.

Version 1.21 fixes ammo loads according to known info about the Iowa and increases accuracy again on AA guns and Cannons.

Version 1.22 fixes anti-aircraft ammo used on this ship so that it can kill planes once again. What I thought was just missing the plane, was really due to no penetration of the ammo. Fixed that.

Version 1.23 polishes a few cosmetic things like sailors standing in bulkheads or hovering above the deck. Moved Observations periscope to aft of ship so I can get a nice view aft of the ship while traveling. Made Turret two the player turret and fixed elevation and traverse rates to agree with the real thing (for all 16" turrets).

Version 1.3 makes the ship TMO 2.5 compatible. This was done to keep from changing as few files in TMO as possible. A seperate mod is included to allow the ship to operate correctly with the RSRD mod. This version also changes the crew loadout a bit. 6 engine guys were moved to sensors.

You only need this ship mod IF you plan on playing using the Iowa as the player ship.

This mod is tested on stock SH4 v1.5 and seems to work well. The mod is designed for TMO 2.5 and TMO 2.5 with RSRD v550.
Install order should be...
1. TMO 2.5
2. RSRD v550 (if wanted)
3. USS Iowa
4. USS Iowa RSRD Addon (if RSRD was installed)
5. Other mods that add features.

Enjoy and happy hunting.
Here is the link to the file if you'd like to try it out.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/USA_Iowa.zip

Here is a photo of the ship..

Last edited by Bothersome; 09-19-13 at 02:39 AM.
Bothersome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-13, 07:46 PM   #270
Archer7seven
Gunner

Downloads: 334

Suuh-weet.

Now that's a commerce raider.

Tags
playable ships