Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-18, 12:41 PM   #5341
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Nikki Haley is on the list of the op-ed mystery writer the NY Times has published that is contributing to this mess, but I don't think it is her.

She does have political ambitions however

Here's a good list of suspects for the inside job of hatchet person

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.6373926b9060
Quote:
Pretty much everyone has a theory about who wrote that bombshell anonymous New York Times op-ed. We know from the Times only that it was a “senior administration official” — a broad label that could include scores of White House or executive branch aides. Top Trump officials have publicly denied they were behind it, though such denials should be considered carefully given their enraged boss and a precedent for them from administration officials
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 09-08-18, 01:36 PM   #5342
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
If you insist. POTUS - President of the United States. Presidential elections are every four years.
As I said, you play the innocent sober Vulcan, but you understand damn well what I tell you, being very selective on what you pick for somebody's reply and what not. And I did not speak of presidential elections exclusively.

Every TWO years, you Americans vote. Every TWO years you vote all seats in Congress, and every TWO years you vote for one third of all seats in Senate. Every four years, presidential elections make it even more complex. Maybe you are election-addicts.

Or did you mean to say that Congress and Senate do not count for you?

Forgive that a foreigner must explain this to you, but you seem to not know your own system (or you should sue your former school for the low quality of math classes they provided you with).

I do not even count the votings necessary when an office holder stands back, dies, must be replaced. Then the votings for city mayors, local parliaments...

The last full campaign for POTUS lasted almost 600 days. Candidates announce their intention usually in springtime one year ahead of the presidential election. Wowh. Thats over one and a half year.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...-world/501680/

https://text.npr.org/s.php?sId=450238156
Old 09-08-18, 02:12 PM   #5343
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
As I said, you play the innocent sober Vulcan, but you understand damn well what I tell you, being very selective on what you pick for somebody's reply and what not. And I did not speak of presidential elections exclusively.
I'm not a Vulcan and quite often not sober. I am not being selective. They are your words not mine. You mentioned POTUS and two years in the same sentence. Try proof reading your stuff before posting.

Quote:
Forgive that a foreigner must explain this to you, but you seem to not know your own system (or you should sue your former school for the low quality of math classes they provided you with).
In case you didn't notice I am not an American. So forgive me, a foreigner, for explaining it to you. You're welcome.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 09-09-18, 04:15 AM   #5344
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
You mentioned POTUS and two years in the same sentence. Try proof reading your stuff before posting.

Well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
And every two years major parts of the institutionalised national political leadership level - consisting of POTUS-Senate-Congress - gets re-elected.
Old 09-10-18, 05:15 PM   #5345
August
Wayfaring Stranger

I thought this was a pretty accurate account of the recent Supreme Court nomination craziness and more to the point the Legislature not doing it's job.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 09-10-18, 07:32 PM   #5346
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Senator Ben Sasse is one of the GOP Senators I still have respect for (the ranks took a severe blow with the passing of Sen. John McCain") and have always appreciated his views, even on the odd occasions, where I didn't agree fully. It is interesting his name, and his stance on the confirmation hearings has been brought up; Sasse has, for a long time, voiced his dissatisfaction with the GOP as it stands today; yesterday, he said this in a televised interview:

If Sen. Sasse would like to join those of us who are free of being told what we should think, free of obligation to rote regurgitation of party lines, and free of crass political constraints, if he would like to join the very large, and very growing, voting segment of us Independents, he is more than welcome. We need people who actually think about matters seriously and put that thought into their actions. We need people who are not just "Party Lemmings"...

<O>
Old 09-12-18, 07:36 AM   #5347
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Democrat crazy egged on by his party leadership attempts to murder a Republican congressman in front of his family

https://www.sacbee.com/news/state/ca...218224930.html

Quote:
U.S. House of Representatives hopeful Rudy Peters was “minding his own business with his family” at his campaign booth during the Castro Valley Fall Festival just before 4 p.m. when a man came up and began insulting Peters’ political party and the president, Sgt. Ray Kelly, a spokesman for the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office, told McClatchy. That’s when the interaction grew violent: The man making disparaging comments, Farzad Fazeli, 35, became “aggressive,” pulled out a switchblade and tried to attack Peters, the sheriff’s office said. Kelly said Fazeli may have also thrown a glass mug at the candidate.

Old 09-12-18, 08:16 AM   #5348
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Democrat crazy egged on by his party leadership attempts to murder a Republican congressman in front of his family
The article makes no mention of his political leanings.

Nice try though.
Old 09-12-18, 11:38 AM   #5349
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
The article makes no mention of his political leanings.

Nice try though.

That's because you only read that one article and you hate us so much that you only see what you want to see Dowly. His political leanings are as clear as the other liberal nut who shot up those republican congressmen playing baseball last year.

The fact is the left is promoting and fomenting violence and their crazy fringe is responding. Deal with it.

Old 09-13-18, 12:31 PM   #5350
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Senator Ben Sasse is one of the GOP Senators I still have respect for

<O>
not surprised you agree with him, Old man.

Ben Sasse is a dead man walking, either he has already decided not to run again in 2020 or he will be beaten in the primary. With the iron grip that Trump has on the GOP, those that cross him are pushed out like Corker or Flake.

of course as you get closer to 2020 you may see that Sasse all of a sudden starts to see new qualities in Trump and his agenda...

p.s. - notice that despite all his anti-Trump rhetoric, he is still a solid yes vote on Kavanaugh.
Old 09-14-18, 12:20 AM   #5351
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
p.s. - notice that despite all his anti-Trump rhetoric, he is still a solid yes vote on Kavanaugh.
Old 09-14-18, 08:52 AM   #5352
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
That's because you only read that one article [..]
You are right, I only read that one article since that is the one you posted. After having read others, it does appear that he might indeed be a democrat supporter.

I stand corrected.
Old 09-14-18, 01:26 PM   #5353
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

After this storm, I am not looking forward to anything and everything in North & South Carolina being blamed on Trump for the next two years.
Old 09-14-18, 01:30 PM   #5354
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Comes with the job. Trump just isn't good at taking criticism and fans the flames into a nice roaring fire every time.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 09-15-18, 12:00 PM   #5355
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Another one of Trump's "best people" pleads guilty and begins cooperation with the Special Counsel.

Manafort will cooperate with Mueller as part of guilty plea, prosecutor says

Quote:
Flipping Manafort gives Mueller a cooperating witness who was at key events relevant to the Russia investigation — a Trump Tower meeting attended by a Russian lawyer, the Republican National Convention and a host of other behind-the-scenes discussions in the spring and summer of 2016.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter