SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-29-21, 01:55 PM   #151
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Oh, and one thing. Stop that stupid kneeling and political correct babbling thing, and concentrate on playing the ball. A sports club not minding to go to racist and homophobe Quatar, where construction workers have died in numbers and nobody cared, to play the next tournament there, has no credibility when "protesting" against these things as long as the protest costs no money. Its ludicrous. Its populist posing, and nothing more.

BTW, congrats to team England.
Old 06-29-21, 02:00 PM   #152
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

^

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-21, 03:35 PM   #153
Skybird
Soaring

https://translate.google.com/transla...-17412888.html
Old 06-29-21, 05:06 PM   #154
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Bah!, I wondered which German team was going to show up tonight, unfortunately it wasn't the Portugal game one, oh well time for a re-think from Germany I reckon.
I'm not surprised the Ukraine won as I knew they hadn't much to beat, the skill level from both matches was abysmal though, I missed about an hour of each game as it was bleeding awful to watch, both of the teams who got through need to improve to win this tourney.
Old 06-29-21, 05:20 PM   #155
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

England will have an easier way to the semifinal than the other teams.

Was about to write that Ukraine does not have what it takes...Hmm do not forget Greece..no one well almost no one was expecting they would win the Euro 2000.

So the question is: Does Ukraine have what it takes can they beat England in the quarterfinal ??

Markus

Old 06-30-21, 05:33 AM   #156
Skybird
Soaring

No mercy with Löw. And why, after at least 3 years of denying reality and fumbling around orientation-free? The nimbus of the Germans being a tournament team and is destroyed, and since several years already. Lets face it, they are not top class anymore. Not even second grade. Since years.

The DFB'S reaction?

https://translate.google.com/transla...chim-Loew.html

https://translate.google.com/transla..._13450324.html

Last edited by Skybird; 06-30-21 at 05:41 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-21, 06:09 AM   #157
Skybird
Soaring

FOCUS writes:

Bierhoff [the team manager, Skybird] sees no need for fundamental changes in the national team's supervisory staff. "All the players said how comfortable they felt here."

Good heavens - have mercy and let it rain brains, please...!!!! I just wait for this dumbazz saying "Macht nix, dabei sein ist was zählt." I cant stand this egoist dumb idiot. Just concerned about his own job - with a high income.

How comes that none of the players feel ashamed enough to step down...??

The self-betrayal of the past couple of years - they already are at continuing with it!
Old 06-30-21, 06:25 AM   #158
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Bah!, I wondered which German team was going to show up tonight, unfortunately it wasn't the Portugal game one, oh well time for a re-think from Germany I reckon.
I'm not surprised the Ukraine won as I knew they hadn't much to beat, the skill level from both matches was abysmal though, I missed about an hour of each game as it was bleeding awful to watch, both of the teams who got through need to improve to win this tourney.
Where do I start ? I disagree with most of that

* Germany playing the same squad as Portugal game would of made little or no difference. They had the players the skill the problem is elsewhere

* Ukraine won with the Swedes 1 man down it was 50/50 at best until then

* You are not going to get league type games from Knockout competitions especially with some of these ref decisions stifling the games.

* I saw some real passion in both last nights games something that has been missing in a lot of the other games. France is a good example of the opposite they thought they would just have to turn up to win.

* I've watched all the games so far I'm sure it will get even better as teams progress. To expect more in all instances is out of tune with the reality of knockout competitions
Old 06-30-21, 08:52 AM   #159
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg322 View Post

* Germany playing the same squad as Portugal game would of made little or no difference. They had the players the skill the problem is elsewhere

* You are not going to get league type games from Knockout competitions especially with some of these ref decisions stifling the games.

* I saw some real passion in both last nights games something that has been missing in a lot of the other games. France is a good example of the opposite they thought they would just have to turn up to win.

* I've watched all the games so far I'm sure it will get even better as teams progress. To expect more in all instances is out of tune with the reality of knockout competitions
Pretty much agree with that,

For me it was a chance for England to stop the historical rot against Germany, having never knocked them out of a competition since 1966 and they did just that.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Pickford perform so well and saddened to see Kane pedestrian yet again, despite scoring.

The biggest positive for me was Grealish and he must be in the next starting eleven surely.

Ukraine, just like Germany, will be a tough game but if England can find that next upwards gear they have a great chance.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-21, 11:12 AM   #160
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38

Low should have fallen on his sword following World Cup 2018. Of course he didn't and the DFB failed to act, so this is what they get. Self inflicted if you ask me.

I agree Grealish must start on the left, shift Sterling to the right and make Saka an impact substitute to test tiring defenders.

Last edited by Threadfin; 06-30-21 at 11:32 AM.
Threadfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-21, 11:17 AM   #161
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg322 View Post

I've watched a lot of games as well and the only teams I've seen with any technical ability at this tournament are Spain and Belgium, the modern game doesn't require much more than the over average footballer and that's not the tournaments fault it's modern coaching methods at fault.
If you watch the games again you'll see what I've been seeing, 90% of passes are safe passes either sideways or backwards. You keep enjoying this garbage they're serving up if you like it I won't knock you for it.

I'll use one example from the England vs Germany game, England have the ball near the German corner flag, 4 passes later it's in the England keepers possession, the awareness and skill level of these modern players is pathetic.
Old 06-30-21, 11:23 AM   #162
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post

I agree Grealish must start on the left, shift Sterling to the right and make Saka an impact substitute to test tiring defenders.
The one problem being Southgate who is inherently defensive biased and not in any way offensive minded.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-21, 11:36 AM   #163
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Here's a Danish Sportsjournalist view and ranking of the last eight team left in this Euro 2020 Tournament.

8. Ukraine
- It was a tough Tuesday night for the Ukrainians with extended playing time against Sweden. They are both worn out, and then they up against England.

- Ukraine is the worst team left. They have not impressed in any of their matches. Maybe a little in the first match against Holland in the group stage, but otherwise not.

7. Czech Rep.
- The Czechs was a bit lucky against the Netherlands in the round of 16 team, Where a dutch player received a red card. The Czechs have a good striker in Patrik Schick from Bayer Leverkusen, but otherwise they have to live on a strong collective. Here they are not as good as Denmark, and therefore they smoke out.

6.Switzerland
- It was impressive what Switzerland did the other day when they beat the French world champions. In that match, they were better than we have seen them in years.

- But I still think Spain will be a mouthful to big for them.
The Spaniards are finding the right gear, if they don't shoot themselves in the foot.

5. Denmark
- If you look at the other four teams, they are probably better than Denmark, even though Denmark is on the right track. I think we will win over the Czech Republic, but we will have a very difficult time at Wembley in front of 60,000 English spectators.

- It's the width of quality that we lack a little in relation to the top teams. I think we have shown that we can participate and our form curve is increasing. We have played extremely well in the last couple of games, but I unfortunately think England will be too big a mouthful.

4.Belgium
Belgium looked tired and worn out at the end of the match against Portugal. They have a lot of older players and then I think it could be a problem for them if they are going to miss both Eden Hazard and Kevin de Bruyne against Italy. Then it will be hard

Without these two stars, they will be missing some players who can decide that. They still have Romelu Lukaku, but I think the Italian collective is better.

3. Spain
- Spain can at times be one of the most impressive teams. They are insanely good in the pressure and with the ball, but they have two problems that they must have eliminated. They should not give the opponent stupid goals and then they should score on their chances.

- In terms of play, they are one of the best teams in the tournament. They have found the melody and they can get really dangerous.

2. Italy
- I was really happy that Italy won a victory (over Austria after extra time, ed.), Where they outplayed the opponent. This has benefited them that they have fought a victory. That’s why I think they’ll get to the finals.

1. England

- England becomes European champion.

- They have a fantastic wide team, especially offensively, and then the home court advantage is important. The home fans went completely crazy against Germany. It will be crucial. There will be virtually only Englishmen on the stands, almost 58,000 in a possible semi-final that goes grassat.

- It also means something that Kane started to scored (against Germany, ed.). If he starts scoring goals now, then it is a whole new resource for the English team.

- It's not because England have impressed, but they have not conceded goals yet. We know that it is crucial who has the most solid defensive. We also saw this at the European Championships in 2016.

My point.

I can't say who will lift the trophy Sunday evening on 11 July.

Markus

Old 06-30-21, 12:08 PM   #164
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
the awareness and skill level of these modern players is pathetic.
Bukayo Saka one of the best players I've seen for decades sharp aware skilled and overflowing with enthusiasm I could list loads more. Its the modern game the need to win sometimes at the expense of entertainment not modern players that's just silly

One of my all time favourite players is Paul Gascoigne brilliant in his day. Saka has a bit of his DNA + hes a smart kid only 19 more to come.

Markus thanks for that info England are now doomed
Old 06-30-21, 12:12 PM   #165
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Found this on Twitter after England's win:

Quote:
From ‘overpaid woke neo-Marxist virtue signalling scum’ to national heroes. What a difference 94 minutes can make….
Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
MGR1 is offline   Reply With Quote