Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-23-21, 05:30 AM   #1
The Mad Prof
Nub

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default UBISOFT SYNC PROBLEM FIXED!!!

The Problem:

After playing SH5 with TWOS and saving and leaving the UBISOFT sync error occurs. Closing PC down and coming back on later and opening a saved game causes game to crash.

The Solution:

(1) Start a new campaign. Save as normal and exit SH. The Ubisoft sync error comes up. Do not skip or cancel.. Close the box with the X in the top right of the error message box. DO NOT TURN OFF THE PC.

(2) Start SH5 again. When the main menu comes up press exit to leave the game. The same UBISOFT sync error message box comes up. Close it using the X again.

You will now find that the saved file will open without crashing the game even after you close your PC and turn it on again.

BUT YOU MUST DO THIS 2 STEP PROCESS EVERY TIME YOU OPEN A SAVED FILE OR IT WILL BECOME CORRUPT AND CRASH THE GAME NEXT TIME IT IS OPENED. ONCE A SAVE HAS BEEN CORRUPTED IT CANNOT BE FIXED

Conclusion:

I do not know why this works. My theory is that it fails to sync the save when leaving SH5 but by opening SH5 UBISOFT is synced to the game on loading somehow.

Please try this and share this fix if it works for you.

Good hunting

The Mad Prof
The Mad Prof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-21, 04:44 PM   #2
ingsoc39
Seaman

Downloads: 49
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Prof View Post
The Problem:

After playing SH5 with TWOS and saving and leaving the UBISOFT sync error occurs. Closing PC down and coming back on later and opening a saved game causes game to crash.

The Solution:

(1) Start a new campaign. Save as normal and exit SH. The Ubisoft sync error comes up. Do not skip or cancel.. Close the box with the X in the top right of the error message box. DO NOT TURN OFF THE PC.

(2) Start SH5 again. When the main menu comes up press exit to leave the game. The same UBISOFT sync error message box comes up. Close it using the X again.

You will now find that the saved file will open without crashing the game even after you close your PC and turn it on again.

BUT YOU MUST DO THIS 2 STEP PROCESS EVERY TIME YOU OPEN A SAVED FILE OR IT WILL BECOME CORRUPT AND CRASH THE GAME NEXT TIME IT IS OPENED. ONCE A SAVE HAS BEEN CORRUPTED IT CANNOT BE FIXED

Conclusion:

I do not know why this works. My theory is that it fails to sync the save when leaving SH5 but by opening SH5 UBISOFT is synced to the game on loading somehow.

Please try this and share this fix if it works for you.

Good hunting

The Mad Prof

What are your system specs? Windows 10? im having a hell of a time getting the game modded....honestly, any mod that corrupts files or takes such effort, I question using it now.
ingsoc39 is offline   Reply With Quote