Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-23, 04:18 PM   #8956
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

With the French now dopeevrign light tanks, the Germans shpoudo consider at least the Marders of the industry, and the Leopard-1. I also agree to sending the Leopard-2A4 parked in the industry's backyard. Scholz vcnanot hide behind claism about non-öexcistign NATO- plans anymore, and not behind the Americnas who have repatedly said that what he claism regarding them wa snot true, and that the gerjan shopuld send tanks, if they want, and now Macronman sends light tanks, so Germany is no longer alone if also sending Westenr tanks. Scholz always claimed that he rejects tanks in cooperation with Washing (a lie), and that NATO obligtrations were in plce hidnering Germany, which was also a lie, and that Germany would never act alone in sending tanks, which is now obsolete.

I can't wait to see what lame excuses he comes up with next. Maybe that Lambrecht got a cold and every further planning is delayed, therefore?
Old 01-04-23, 04:19 PM   #8957
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

@Dargo: That's way to much thinking in black-and-white schemes in my opinion. From my point of view there's a number of shades of grey in between "believing in Wagenknecht" (a person who is truly despicable, if you ask me) and "sending tanks to Ukraine."
Once again: I don't claim to be right (I'm a scientist, after all, I'd never claim to be right unless I have a lot of proof and evidence), I'm stating my opinion.
Ostfriese is online  
Old 01-04-23, 04:25 PM   #8958
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostfriese View Post
@Dargo: That's way to much thinking in black-and-white schemes in my opinion. From my point of view there's a number of shades of grey in between "believing in Wagenknecht" (a person who is truly despicable, if you ask me) and "sending tanks to Ukraine."
Once again: I don't claim to be right (I'm a scientist, after all, I'd never claim to be right unless I have a lot of proof and evidence), I'm stating my opinion.
Not attacking you sorry if I gave that impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 01-04-23, 04:29 PM   #8959
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
With the French now dopeevrign light tanks, the Germans shpoudo consider at least the Marders of the industry, and the Leopard-1. I also agree to sending the Leopard-2A4 parked in the industry's backyard. Scholz vcnanot hide behind claism about non-öexcistign NATO- plans anymore, and not behind the Americnas who have repatedly said that what he claism regarding them wa snot true, and that the gerjan shopuld send tanks, if they want, and now Macronman sends light tanks, so Germany is no longer alone if also sending Westenr tanks. Scholz always claimed that he rejects tanks in cooperation with Washing (a lie), and that NATO obligtrations were in plce hidnering Germany, which was also a lie, and that Germany would never act alone in sending tanks, which is now obsolete.

I can't wait to see what lame excuses he comes up with next. Maybe that Lambrecht got a cold and every further planning is delayed, therefore?
Think the US will send the Bradley Fighting Vehicle (BFV) after this French proposal they will not wait on Germany on making any decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 01-04-23, 04:30 PM   #8960
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Not attacking you sorry if I gave that impression

No worries, mate, you didn't give that impression. I just wanted to clarify my position.
Ostfriese is online  
Old 01-04-23, 04:40 PM   #8961
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Think the US will send the Bradley Fighting Vehicle (BFV) after this French proposal they will not wait on Germany on making any decision.
As a matter of fact they have dleievred already, amongst other stuff, over 200 M113 in various weapon configurations.

Beyond that, it makes sense to not send Ukraine American gas-turbined Abrams tanks, for which the Ukraine would need to open a completely new logistic network and supply line it does not have, but to tell the Europeans they should send their Diesel-run MBTs instead. The Abram's gas demands is excessive. Needing to shuttle huge quantities of gas additonal to the large quantities of Diesel is the last thing the ukraine needs. Better have all their stuff on Diesel.

Also , the US already donates as much military aid than all Europe alltogether. So why should they send more of what is being parked on the industry's backyards in higher quantities anyway, and closer to Ukraine? We tlak abotju kitems and platforms that are not in short supply in Europpe, but of whcih there isa hige fleet that alrready got pohased out from active service. Why should always the US do all the heavy weights - even on things and aspects where Europe in fact CAN do something itself?
Old 01-05-23, 06:57 AM   #8962
Skybird
Soaring

Is the diplomatic pressure on Scholz behind the scenes becoming too great? Der Tagesspiegel writes:
----------------------------------
After battle tank statements by Biden and Macron: Scholz wants to make new decision by mid-January

The German chancellor has so far always stressed that he would "not go it alone" on military aid to Ukraine. Now a new situation has arisen.

France's head of state Emmanuel Macron wants to provide Ukraine, which is under attack from Russia, with AMX-10 "light battle tanks," and U.S. President Joe Biden has confirmed that he is considering supplying Bradley infantry fighting vehicles - as a result, the German government is also examining what form of additional military assistance should be provided to Kiev.

"Following the statements from Paris and Washington, we are continuing to consult intensively with our allies in the United States and France on further support for Ukraine," government circles said on Thursday.
Live on your cell phone Get all the latest news on the Russian attack on Ukraine with the Tagesspiegel app. Download here for IOS and Android.

In this context, the German government referred to the Tagesspiegel "in particular to the next meeting in the Ramstein format in mid-January."

At the U.S. air base in Rhineland-Palatinate had taken place at the end of April of last year, a first coordination meeting of the countries that provide military assistance to Ukraine.

Defense Minister Christine Lambrecht (SPD) had announced at the time that Germany would send Gepard-type anti-aircraft tanks and thus, for the first time, the "heavy weapons" demanded by the Bundestag to Ukraine.

Now the next meeting of this round is apparently to be the time by which the German government wants to provide clarity on possible German battle tank deliveries. Chancellor Olaf Scholz (SPD) had so far not rejected this in principle, but had always pointed out that there would be "no going it alone" from the German side on this issue. Now, after the statements by Macron and Biden, that would no longer be the case. However, there has not yet been a corresponding decision.

The Bundeswehr does not have a model comparable to the French AMX-10 wheeled tank. The German variants of the American Bradley type would be the old Marder infantry fighting vehicles or the ultra-modern Puma, which had recently made headlines due to numerous breakdowns, however.
-----------------------
Comparing to the AMX-10, the Italian Centauro comes to mind, close to 30 tons, and a 105mm cannon. 8 Wheels.

Old 01-05-23, 06:59 AM   #8963
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Look at the kill score the Himars and the Western artillery systems have fed to the Russians. They have lost thousands of troops due to these weapons. Has this brought America and Germany with the delivery of Mars-2 (German term for Himars) closer to a war with Russia? And if Western tanks bring, in your view, Western nations closer to a war with Russia , why then does the delivery of Sovjet-made tanks not? And finally, how is that the Germans are so terribly afraid of their own shadow moving - with much more at-risk states like Poland and the three Baltic states having much more reason to be concerned: but nevertheless sending Ukraine EVERYTHING THEY CAN, and at much greater cost to their own stocks, if standardizing weapon deliveries to economy and population sizes?

I know your arguments, because as you and me know, here in germany we hear right these arguments all day long. But they are all inconsistent. They are self-contradictory.

And how can it be that Scholz just around ten days ago talked in front of German economy leaders about that after the war Germany will do business with Russia again and implying, indicating, that German companies must not fear for their lost Russia contacts, they will get them back...??

Scholz does not want Russia to lose the war. And that is no subtle implication anymore. Its obscenely obvious.
Fully agree

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 01-05-23, 07:11 AM   #8964
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Defying Russian onslaught in city 'at the end of the world'

By Yogita Limaye
BBC News, Bakhmut

"This is the toughest operation I've ever seen. The enemy has thrown its strongest assault at Bakhmut. We haven't seen troops like this before," the Ukrainian commander tells us.

Commander Skala, as he wants to be called, is controlling the Ukrainian operation to defend the city of Bakhmut in the eastern Donbas region from an underground chamber off a nondescript street. It is one of the main command centres the Ukrainian military has set up in the city, and few journalists have been here.

A tall, hefty man with sparkling eyes, he watches a live feed from a drone hovering outside the eastern edge of the city on a big screen in the centre of the room.

One of the battalion's units is trying to spot the location of Russian positions, to aid another unit which has just gone out to defend eastern approaches to Bakhmut under attack.

In addition to Russian armed forces, mercenaries from the private paramilitary Wagner group have been sent in their thousands to front lines around Bakhmut.

"Wagner soldiers openly advance under fire towards us even if they're littering the land with their bodies, even if out of 60 people in their platoon only 20 are left. It's very difficult to hold against such an invasion. We weren't prepared for that, and we're learning now," Commander Skala says.

"Some weeks ago, we lost positions on the eastern approaches to the city because the enemy was constantly storming us with assaults. We moved to secondary front lines to save our soldiers," he adds.

"We are trying to work smartly and get those positions back. Sometimes you have to withdraw to attack the enemy properly."

Wagner leader Yevgeny Prigozhin has said Ukrainians have turned every house in Bakhmut into a fortress, and that there were now "500 lines of defence".

Russia has been using all its might to try to take Bakhmut - a battle considered critical for the country after it lost ground in Ukraine in recent months, being pushed out of Kherson in the south and the Kharkiv region in the north-east. Capturing Bakhmut is also important to further Russia's aim to control the whole of the Donbas region in eastern Ukraine.

Throughout our conversation with Commander Skala, muffled explosions can be heard from above ground. The second you step outside, the sound is loud enough to make your heart pound - the terrifying whistle of shells flying in followed by the deafening boom of the impact.

And the sound never stops as the bombs keep falling.

One resident described it as "the end of the world" and there are moments when it feels like that.

Bombs have ripped through the middle of apartment blocks, blown away the facades of buildings and created craters by the side of streets. It was hard to find a window in Bakhmut that was intact. The ground is littered with broken glass and debris.

This was once a quiet, ordinary town in the east, known for its sparkling wine. Now, it's become a byword for war and Ukraine's resistance.

It lies at a vital road intersection, but over the months, the battle here has gained a symbolic importance. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky recently called it the "fortress of our morale".

Bakhmut used to be home to just over 70,000 people before the war. Just a tenth of its residents - mostly elderly or poor - remain.

While the streets are largely empty, we see dozens of civilians in an aid centre, known here as a "resilience centre".

It has power, and wi-fi provided by Elon Musk's Starlink satellite system. Volunteers distribute small packets of food, medicines and other basic supplies. A wood-burner in the centre keeps the room warm.

This is a lifeline for the people in Bakhmut.

Many sit huddled around electrical points, trying to charge up their phones.

What's remarkable is that even when shells land just a few hundred metres from the centre, people don't flinch. It's as if they've become numb, running from bombs every day.

Trauma is visible on many faces though.

Why don't you leave, we asked Anatolay Suschenko, who was standing in a queue for some food.

"I have nowhere to go. I'm alone. Who would want to take an 86-year-old?" he said. "Here, at least sometimes when soldiers throw away food or soup, I find it and eat it. And I get free bread. In my whole life, I've never seen anything like this. All the windows of my house have been blown off, and the gate has been destroyed."

People have different reasons to stay. Olha Tupikova sits in the corner of the room with her 13-year-old daughter Diana.

"I think everywhere in Ukraine is equally dangerous. Some of our neighbours left and died elsewhere. Here we have a house. We have cats and dogs. We can't leave them," she said.

"Our roof has 21 holes and the garage has nine. I mend them every time, and try to repair the windows too. Normally the holes are caused by shrapnel, but lately we've had stones flying in too, making holes that are the size of a head."

"We live like mice. We quickly run out to get some bread, choose different routes to get back home. Before sunrise I look for wooden boards and logs [to repair my home]. In the evening I search for water because there's no water supply in town," Olha said.

"Of course, it's frightening. But now we do it army style, like soldiers. We joke that master chefs know nothing about cooking [compared to us]. We can make a meal out of anything on an open fire, or even a candle."

The local administration is trying to convince people to leave.

In a location in the city we can't disclose because it could compromise his safety, we met Oleksiy Reva, who has been the mayor of Bakhmut for 33 years.

"It's those who don't have money and don't want to face the unknown who are staying. But we are talking to them about it. Because safety is most important, safety and peace," he said.

Why does he continue to stay, we asked. "This is my life, my job, my fate. I was born here, and grew up here. My parents are buried here. My conscience won't allow me to leave our people. And I'm confident our military will not allow Bakhmut to fall," he said.

In the fields outside the city, we see the daily grind required to keep a hold on it.

The unit of soldiers we meet try to spot Russian locations and fire artillery - Soviet-era D-30 guns - in their direction, to allow Ukrainian infantry to push ahead every day. But barely any advance is being made.

"The equipment is outdated. It works fine and does the job, but it can be better. We also have to be very economical with our shells, very precise with our targets so we don't run out of ammunition. If we had more equipment and modern weapons, we would be able to destroy more targets which would make things much easier for our infantry," one of the soldiers, Valentyn, said.

Winter also makes things difficult. Weapons don't operate as smoothly in cold weather, they tell us.

"We simply need to overcome this period, hold on, and then execute counter-offensives and fight," Yaroslav said.

Each side is trying to wear the other down. This is a battle of endurance.

How do you motivate yourself every day, we asked. "We all have families to go back to. Valentyn just had a son but his family is in Germany, so he hasn't seen him yet," Yaroslav said as Valentyn cracked a shy smile.

"His motivation is colossal."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64153581

Jimbuna is online  
Old 01-05-23, 07:23 AM   #8965
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna is online  
Old 01-05-23, 07:25 AM   #8966
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Jimbuna is online  
Old 01-05-23, 08:18 AM   #8967
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Putin 'has cancer and will die very soon', claims Ukrainian intelligence chief

Ukraine has claimed that Vladimir Putin will die "very quickly" because he has been sick for a "long time". Kyrylo Budanov, Chief of Defence Intelligence of Ukraine, told ABC News that they had sources close to the Kremlin leader who had confirmed that Putin, 70, was suffering from cancer. Though the Russian autocrat's life was apparently in danger, Mr Budanov said the "war must end before his death". He later added that strikes into Russian territory, such as the Engels airbase attack on December 5, would undoubtedly continue this year, though he declined to take responsibility for them.

In a rare interview, a laconic Kyrylo Budanov was pressed on a number of issues relating to Putin's health and the possibility of missile strikes in Russia and Crimea.

Asked if Putin was "terminally ill", Mr Budanov said: "Of course. He has been ill for a long, very long period. I think he will die very fast. I hope. I am sure he has cancer."

He later said that he "just knew" that Putin was suffering from an illness because he had received the information "from people, from sources".

When asked whether the intelligence agency had obtained this information from sources close to Putin, Mr Budanov answered: "Yes".
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...8942c8c5835344

Jimbuna is online  
Old 01-05-23, 08:21 AM   #8968
Skybird
Soaring

#?+%

This is exactly the kind of Western treason on the Ukraine that I have warned against from beginnign on that that I have predicted that it will happen sooner or later, very early on already.

Die Welt writes:

--------------------------
The secret longing for the ceasefire

France is supplying tanks to Ukraine, the U.S. may soon follow suit, possibly Germany as well. But in truth, almost all allies are doing far less than they could. Despite all the oaths of allegiance, there is very clear talk behind the scenes about a Plan B.

It was a dramatic appeal. In the middle of the week, Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelenskyi again called on the international community to finally deliver more weapons. Russia will leave no stone unturned to destroy his country, he said. "We must destroy this scenario of the Russians. The terrorists must lose," Selenskyj demanded.

The timing of the appeal was deliberate. A few days earlier, NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg, Selenskyj's most important ally on the issue of arms deliveries, had backed the Ukrainian president: "It may sound paradoxical, but military support for Ukraine is the fastest way to peace," Stoltenberg had said then.
Now the West is supplying new weapons. France wants to supply Ukraine with "light battle tanks," more precisely the AMX-10 RC armored reconnaissance vehicle. The wheeled tank with a large gun will be used primarily for reconnaissance.
"Until victory, until the return of peace in Europe, our support for Ukraine will not diminish," Macron wrote. Selenskyj thanked Macron on Twitter for the decision. The Ukrainian president took the announced delivery of French armored reconnaissance vehicles as an important signal to other Western countries as well.

"France is raising defense support to Ukraine to a new level, and I thank President Macron for this leadership," Selenskyj said. Following the French push, it is conceivable that the U.S. and Germany will also follow suit.

One thing is clear: Without help from the West, Ukraine would have had to capitulate in the fight against Russia long ago. But it is equally clear that the weapons Ukraine urgently needs at this stage of the war are being withheld by the West. There is increasing evidence that the West's weapons assistance is only half-hearted - and that many in Washington, Brussels and other European capitals are working toward a cease-fire in Ukraine.

Only with sufficient anti-aircraft missiles, however, would Kiev be able to stop the nationwide successive destruction of energy infrastructure. Only with tanks and warplanes could Ukraine capture the city of Kreminna in the east or Melitopol, a city in the south that is strategically important for the recapture of Crimea.

Only recently, in an interview with the news magazine "Economist," Ukraine's Chief of General Staff Valery Salushnyi gave the West a detailed calculation of what the Ukrainian armed forces now absolutely need for a new offensive: 300 battle tanks, 600 to 700 infantry fighting vehicles and 500 artillery systems.

The West must support Kiev until Putin runs out of reserves
But none of that is anywhere near in sight, certainly not on these scales. The frustration in Zelenskyy's entourage that NATO countries are providing relatively little support to Ukraine, despite impressive operational successes at Kherson and Kharkiv, is huge. To avoid angering the West, however, Kiev does not talk about this publicly, preferring to offer friendly thanks for the weapons that arrive in Ukraine.

Several questions remain: Why is the West still slowing down so much on arms deliveries? The U.S. has 2757 fighter jets at its disposal, but so far it has not delivered a single one of them. Thus, the international community is de facto allowing Moscow to systematically destroy Ukraine's entire electricity supply.

"To prevent that, at least ten Patriot batteries would be needed to defend against long-range missiles," Colonel Markus Reisner, one of Europe's leading military experts from the German Defense Ministry in Vienna, told WELT.

In addition, he said, 50 to 100 Iris-T and Nasam systems are needed to defend against medium-range missiles, and 1,000 to 1,500 shoulder-launched surface-to-air defense systems such as the Stinger are needed for short ranges. The colonel, like other experts, had called for more air defense as early as the summer because attacks on Ukrainian power grids in the winter were foreseeable at that time. "But nothing happened," he says.

Reisner, who also teaches military strategy at the Theresian Military Academy in Wiener Neustadt, asks further questions: "Why are the Americans supplying only 20 Himars missile launchers so far? Why is Washington not providing F-16 or A-10 fighter jets? Why doesn't the U.S. destroy Russian satellite communications to significantly limit the range of Russian missile salvos? And how could it be that 30,000 Russian fighters with 2,500 vehicles were able to withdraw unimpeded from the bridgehead at Kherson without a shot being fired?"

Reisner is almost certain about the last question, at least: there had most likely been collusion at a meeting of Russian and American representatives in Turkey immediately before the withdrawal from Kherson.

If you ask politicians and diplomats from NATO and the EU in Brussels and other European capitals, you will come to the conclusion that the West is currently working towards a ceasefire in the course of this year. No one is saying this out loud.
The official announcement remains: Ukraine is a sovereign state; Kiev alone must decide how long the country will fight. "There is no sign that there will be a winner in this war in the foreseeable future," says a top EU diplomat.

"We underestimated Russia's staying power after Ukraine's successes in the summer. A cease-fire would probably be better than further escalation, which could then get out of hand," stresses a NATO military official. "I'm afraid there can be a cease-fire lasting years without negotiations. But I no longer see any alternative," said a diplomat from a major NATO country.

At the moment, some indications are that the Americans fear prolonging the extremely costly war by years through large-scale arms deliveries and encouraging an escalation that could, in the worst case, spread to neighboring countries such as Moldova or even NATO countries. Officially, only the top U.S. military official, General Mark Milley, has spoken of negotiations so far.

After Ukraine's spectacular successes at Kherson in November, he said, "If there is an opportunity for negotiations, if it is possible to make peace, the opportunity must be seized." At the same time, he said that the likelihood of a Ukrainian military victory, which would include the desired recapture of Crimea, was "not very high." The reaction from Kiev was prompt: angry protests.

What might come next? "2023 will be the year of disillusionment. The situation is comparable to 1915 in World War I," says military strategist Reisner.
--------------------------

One week ago, Die Welt wrote this short comment:

-------------------------
The result of the war is likely to be a shrunken Ukraine

The war in Ukraine has turned into a grueling war of positions. Can a peace conference in February help? One must acknowledge - as bitter as it is - the realities of this war.

Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba has proposed a conference at the United Nations headquarters in New York to discuss peace in his country in February. This is good news. One can assume that Kuleba's proposal came about mainly under pressure from the Americans.

This conference could become the first step toward peace negotiations with Russia. The fact that Kuleba does not want to invite Russia, the enemy of war, to this Ukraine peace conference seems absurd at first glance - but such a step would be premature at the moment, because it would mean crossing a red line from Ukraine's point of view.
And what comes after New York? The outcome of this terrible war cannot be the projection screen for ethicists who rightly warn against Russian aggression and raise the flag of freedom, sovereignty and territorial integrity. One must acknowledge - bitter as it is - the realities of this war: It is now a brutal war of position, and neither side is likely to emerge "victorious" from it in the foreseeable future.

The Russian economy appears largely resistant to Western sanctions. Russia's President Vladimir Putin is firmly in the saddle and the majority of the Russian population continues to support war. The West has failed to rally key countries such as China, India, Indonesia, Brazil or the Gulf states to its side in the Ukraine war.

The West's arms deliveries remain far too slow, and the question remains whether they will ever be sufficient to defend the vast country of Ukraine in the field and to recapture lost territory. Moreover, support for further arms deliveries to Kiev is gradually crumbling in Western societies; in Germany, it slipped below 50 percent for the first time in early December.

The cardinal mistake with regard to Ukraine was not to admit Kiev to NATO in the spring of 2008, contrary to what Washington and London had demanded. Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Nicolas Sarkozy prevented this at the time.

Both preferred to do lucrative business with Moscow and feared that joining NATO could provoke Putin. Yet such a step, and the alliance's accompanying commitment to stand by him, would have prevented the Ukraine war 14 years later. Unfortunately, all that remains now is to contain the consequences of this epochal mistake. In plain language: There are likely to be negotiations - probably as early as next year - the result of which will be a shrunken Ukraine.
-----------------

Merkel, always Merkel, she has been worse than George Bush and Clinton and Obama together. Merkel has inflicted the greatest damages possible on Germany, and on Europe. How often have I called her the worst politic event in Europe and Germany since 1933 and the 12 dark years that followed...?

Verfluchte, dreimal und mehr verfluchte Merkel. Wie ich dieses Weib verabscheue.
And the Germans left her her ways for 16 years. Tells a very lot about Germans.

And thus the West is about to lose another big war (if things turn out the way they seem to be in Ukraine). Another one. We have become experts in losing wars and finding endless rationalisations for why we let it happen.
Old 01-05-23, 08:29 AM   #8969
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

German opposition demands that Scholz initiate supply of tanks to Ukraine with allies

The opposition faction of the Christian Social Union (CSU) in the Bundestag called on the German government, together with its NATO partners, to come up with a European initiative to supply Western-style battle tanks to Ukraine.

As reported by Censor.NET with reference to the EP, the head of the CSU faction in the Bundestag, Alexander Dobrindt, stated this in an interview with DPA.

"We want Ukraine to be able to exercise its right to self-defense. For this, it needs more heavy weapons, including Leopard 2 tanks," Dobrindt said.

"The German government should come up with a European initiative regarding the joint supply of battle tanks," he added. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3391402

It became known about presence of Western-made parts in Iranian drones even after first attacks in September, - Air Force

It became known about the presence of Western-made parts in Iranian drones even after the first attacks of the Russian Federation in September.

This was reported by Air Force spokesman Yurii Ihnat, Censor.NET reports with reference to Interfax-Ukraine.

"It was known, yes, that the USA, meaning the companies, are manufacturers of these spare parts for those drones that were captured by the survivors in September. That is, they were knocked down or landed on tree branches themselves. It was investigated immediately back in September, and already now there are certain conclusions that indeed Iran received them," he said.

Ignat noted that Ukraine will quickly make the data public, but Western countries are very cautious about it, because "a legal framework is needed where it needs to be contained."

The spokesman of the Air Force added that Iran will certainly try by all means to avoid the strengthening of sanctions and to deny the provision of drones to the Russian Federation.

"Perhaps, Russia will open a fake factory of these Iranian drones, which will supposedly be produced on its territory," he noted.

Also remind, that earlier it was reported that more than a dozen companies from the USA discovered technologies in Iranian drones used by the Russian Federation. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3391426

Jimbuna is online  
Old 01-05-23, 08:32 AM   #8970
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Putin: Russia is "open to serious dialogue", but Kyiv must fulfill "known demands" and "take into account new territorial realities"

Russian dictator Putin said that the Russian Federation is allegedly ready for a "serious dialogue".

This is reported by Censor.NET with reference to the propaganda publication RIA Novosti.

"Putin once again confirmed Russia's openness to a serious dialogue - on the condition that Kyiv fulfills the known demands and takes into account new territorial realities," the publication notes.

Also, the Russian dictator once again repeated theses about "arming Ukraine" by the West and also accused the West of providing "information and targeting" to Kyiv. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3391452

Germany handed over batch of military aid to Ukraine: 8x8 trucks, drones, tractors, EW, BREM, and other

Germany handed over drones, anti-drone equipment, modular military trucks, dozens of pickup trucks, trailers for transporting heavy equipment and other military aid to the Defense Forces of Ukraine.

The list is published on the website of the German government, Censor.NET reports.

In this list:

30 drone detection systems;
27 sensors and "jammers" for protection against drones;
8 reconnaissance drones;
17 8x8 trucks;
12 heavy-duty trailers;
1 M1070 tank transporter;
7 tracked/remotely controlled infantry vehicles for support missions;
2 armored repair and evacuation vehicles;
63 pickup trucks;
20 launchers (70 mm) on pickup trucks with a stock of missiles;
21 generators;
32 mobile heating systems;
1 ambulance;
7 border patrol cars;
36,400 wool blankets.

The vast majority of what is delivered comes not from Bundeswehr stocks, but from the industry.

The German authorities also undertook to hand over 92 reconnaissance drones to the Armed Forces. They do not specify which type. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3391444

France is helping to convince both Russia and Ukraine to create protective zone at ZNPP, - head of Ministry of Foreign Affairs Kolonna

France is helping to convince the occupying power Russia – and Ukraine as well – to create a safety zone around the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant in the Russian-captured Ukrainian city of Enerhodar.

As reported by Censor.NET with reference to LIGA.net, this was stated by the head of the Foreign Ministry of France, Catherine Colonna.

According to her, France "helps the International Atomic Energy Agency and its director Rafael Grossi, who undertook this difficult mission, to try to convince both Russia and Ukraine to establish a protective zone."

When asked about a possible new telephone conversation between French President Emmanuel Macron and Russian dictator Vladimir Putin, the head of the French Foreign Ministry said that it was "not planned", but "it is possible that they will talk, as they talked to each other before."

"It (dialogue - Ed.) remains useful, in particular, to try to limit the risk of a nuclear accident at the Zaporizhzhia NPP," Kolonna added. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3391438

Jimbuna is online  
Closed Thread