SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-15-12, 03:13 PM   #826
quink99
中国水兵

Downloads: 941
Uploads: 0

Trevally,

My sincere thanks for your help. The situation in post
#813 has now been resolved by a complete reinstall. While not as much fun as cruising around "blowin' stuff up", reinstalls do work.
quink99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-12, 03:26 PM   #827
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Thanks for the update quink99

Glad you got it working again
Old 03-15-12, 05:52 PM   #828
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quink99 View Post
... While not as much fun as cruising around "blowin' stuff up", reinstalls do work.
lol .. amen to that!

(they should submit your statement for nomination as one of 2012's lines of the year )
Old 03-16-12, 03:32 PM   #829
quink99
中国水兵

Thanks for the nomination, 7Infanterie19.

While reinstalls do work, and mine does very well, they sometimes bring about strange side affects like this one;

YesterdayI began my first campaign and, as mentioned below in this thread, all went almost perfectly except that after about two real hours of real game time I noticed that things were noticiable slowing down and stuttering a bit. Hummmm?......I thought, so I saved the game and went to see if I could see anything which might be amiss.

It didn't take me long to find the answer when I opened the SH5 main folder (see screenshot above). In addition to the eight screen shots that I had purposely taken, they are the lowest .bmps in the shot above, there were 1,873, yes that's 1,873, more .bmps which I hadn't taken only a portion of which are shown above. Those 1,837 .bmps at 3,601 kbs each are equal to a staggering 6,615,037 kbs that the poor SH5 folder was, I guess, having to deal with. By bring them up in Picassa Picture Viewer and then scrolling my mouse wheel it was like watching a video of my entire first campaign cruise from beginning to end.

I've no idea how these pictures got there or what caused it but if anyone does know I'd sure appreciate it so I can prevent it from happening again.

Thanks
Old 03-16-12, 05:27 PM   #830
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by quink99 View Post

I've no idea how these pictures got there or what caused it but if anyone does know I'd sure appreciate it so I can prevent it from happening again.

Thanks
This is screen capture - shift + F11
It will take sreen shots untill you stop it
Old 03-16-12, 06:00 PM   #831
quink99
中国水兵

Thanks for the quick reply, Trevally.

I know SHFT+F11 takes the screen shot, but how do you stop it, just press SHFT+F11?
Old 03-16-12, 06:21 PM   #832
Trevally.
Navy Seal

For Screen shots it is Ctrl+F11
For capture it is shift+F11

Yes, you can stop the capture by pressing shift+F11 again. Sometime this can take a few press due to the lag saving all those shots.

I few times I have ended up restarting it over and over again - so now I am very careful never to press it
Old 03-17-12, 12:24 PM   #833
Jester_UK
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 107

I just tried to download the most recent version (1.7) via the link in the first post. Continually getting an error at the mirror site it redirects you to. Are there any alternative download mirrors?
Jester_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-12, 04:58 PM   #834
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Enjoying OHII

I got my requirements for North Western Approaches by dinging all these small freighters, except for one Cimmeron tanker, in a sweet spot near the Irish coast and making up the rest with my deck gun. Unless it's just coincidence, with stock, I remember all kinds of larger tonnage ships around, but with OHII, pickings appear slimmer in that regards, which is good, because you have to pick and choose which ships benefit you most.

So, with all torps and gun ammo expended, I proudly sent my patrol report and began my long journey home.

Up until now, the only Bdu messages I got for me were blue or red, never yellow, which I had only thought were myth. Suddenly, I get a yellow message to investigate my area. I'm like "Whut thuh? Really? You finally send me a yellow one and do it just as I'm heading home? Am I supposed to spit on what I find?" I decided to ignore it and headed home anyways.

I get near Loch Ewe and suddenly I get a big task force right in my path with a nice juicy Nelson Battleship in it. I'm like "really? now? I still ain't got enough spit!" So, I identify them all, send my contact report, and then go deep to mind my own business and continue on home.

Off I go, eventually getting into the Nord Meer at flank speed and high TC only to bump into a destroyer that doesn't yet see me, but .. his two little submarine friends do. I have only seen one enemy sub at a time in previous campaigns, so I was surprised to see two together now. This pair quickly went below and started to track me, and to my surprise, the destroyer starts heading in my direction too, so I went silent and deep, playing cat and mouse until I finally got away to the point where I could continue my journey home.

And finally, after docking at my base, I was given a new VIIB to trip around in , upgraded it, then started on my way out. With the pilot doing the work, I start enjoying the view when suddenly, I see a big ship sitting there docked, and I'm thinking "this ain't no regular ship, so I bring up the binoculars and think "wow! is that her?" So, I go to external camera and am happily surprised to see the glorious Bismarck docked right before my eyes. Man, I love this ship, but I have never seen it before in SH3 or SH5, so that was absolutely cool for me!

That's when I realized that the German deck emblems looked like a hospital cross. That sort of deflated my excitement, but it reminded me that I forgot to add the Accurate German Flags mod after all this time (I actually assumed OHII had it). After adding the mod, it asked to overwrite OHII files, which I did. By the way, does this affect anything good in OHII, or is that fine?

Hehehehe .. OHII is already a different experience and I'm enjoying it! You gotta love it!

Cheers ...
Old 03-18-12, 05:26 AM   #835
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Thanks 7Infanterie19
Old 03-19-12, 05:32 AM   #836
Echolot
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 567

Hello Trevally.

There are some users in the german ubi forum experiencing CTDs in Scapa Flow with OH II 1.7 mod.

When they hit (or sink?) the battleship there are around four new ships spawning the area near the battleship and the game crashes.

Are there any triggers configured to spawn new units if the battleship sinks?

Maybe it's the combination with MO causing issues?

I hope you understand my poor english.

Regards.

Echolot.
Echolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-12, 07:23 AM   #837
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echolot View Post
Hello Trevally.
I hope you understand my poor english.
Hi Echolot - Your English is perfect as always

Quote:
There are some users in the german ubi forum experiencing CTDs in Scapa Flow with OH II 1.7 mod.
When they hit (or sink?) the battleship there are around four new ships spawning the area near the battleship and the game crashes.
Are there any triggers configured to spawn new units if the battleship sinks?
99% of the ctd is Scapa are when the torps hit the BB or sinking some other ship.
I have tested many times and could not find an answer or repeat the problem.

The ships spawning are just timed by chance and not related to the BB re-acting.
Removing ship spawning in Kiel when player is there has fixed some ctd that users where having. When OHIIv1.8 is released - It will have the spawning in Scapa removed during this phase where a player may be in there.

So far the only fix for this is to - Fire torps at BB (full salvo) and goto map view straight away. Stay in map view until the torps have hit and ships have sunk. This is not a good fix, but many users report that they can finish the mission doing this.

Quote:
Maybe it's the combination with MO causing issues?
Regards.
Echolot.
No - This very bug happens to many users who do not have MO installed.

For the release of OHIIv1.8 - here is the change log so far:-

OHII v1.8
Fixed error in messages for patrol12 in TotWP
Removed spawning in Scapa during Raid mission
Attached DDs to BB group for scapa raid
Adjusted text for Baltic Operation in CoastalWaters
**************************boat patch VIIc********************
Fixes speed nodes in common layer for MN, DW, WA
Fixed ship hitting pier (Kiel) in playerbases MN, DW, WA
Set U-boat to campaigns when using silentotto and in campaign when tonnage sunk is high enough.
CW - typeA
HT - typeB (if enough kills in type A)
MN & WA - typeC
TP - typeC41
Set Flotilla to start in Kiel for 1 day before switching to Med (16/3/41) MN
Fixed date for flotilla switch in DW to leave Toulon 16/9/42
Changed start date of BS GSR WS in WesternApproaches to 20/3/41 but only after passing the Training mission prior to getting type C
Added new objective to WA - 20/3/41 to 28/3/41 - Training Drills - 1 point
Added KSCSN3SA1 to Venezuela roster (this make MO and OHII work together without class errors
Set flotilla stitch to Kiel in TurningPoint (switch back after getting new boat) and added Training Mission prior to getting C/41
Stopped uboat (for re-supply) from moving during theblackpit TotWP mission10.
Also made supply an objective of the style "drop of supplies" and made AI U-boats start from further away and more staggered arrival when attack starts.
Added tankers to South America Supplies in DistantWaters campaign
Fixed all missions in DistantWaters where they were very very wrong
Fixed playerbases.mis for OHII base in campaigns CW and TBP

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions they would like added to the campaign - now would be a good time to let me know

Last edited by Trevally.; 03-19-12 at 08:03 AM. Reason: My poor English
Trevally. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-12, 09:12 AM   #838
Echolot
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 567
Thank you very much for the quick answer, Trevally.

Regards.

Echolt.
Echolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-12, 07:49 PM   #839
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
... When OHIIv1.8 is released ...

... If anyone has any ideas or suggestions they would like added to the campaign - now would be a good time to let me know
Congratulations on your next gen!

Since OHII takes us beyond 1943, I figure you must have some power over missions and mission creation, so as long as you enjoy creating that kind of material, then I would like to suggest the addition of small (or big if you'd like) filler missions here and there for those long spaces in between big events. I remember lull periods like this in the stock mission and have a feeling I'm in the middle of one now after having finished NW Approaches. The missions don't even have to have any rewards associated with them (renown or medals, etc.), but just be something we can get from the commander, or that pops up while we're out at sea like the "Breaking the Fortress" mission, that gives us some direction for a while. Don't get me wrong, I love the feel of being able to stock up and head out hunting freely like the old SH3 days, but from time to time, a little mission would be a nice break to the "monotony" .

That's just an idea I'm throwing out, not a demand, so feel free to crush it, expand on it, or toss it and do something better.

The other option, or addition to the above idea, is to maybe expand one of the ones that had a time frame up to March or April 1940 (or something like that). I think it may have been the one for 50k tons on the English west coast. Perhaps we can increase the tonnage for that one or any one that is similar in characteristics to that one, so that we have to resupply at port and head back two or three times, essentially lengthening the time spent on the mission and giving us something to do with our time that is associated with what Bdu directs. I can't recall what happens later on, and I have no clue what is to come after 1943, but this idea can be applied to any similar situation that needs it as well.

I hope that helps.

Cheers!
Old 03-19-12, 08:07 PM   #840
zeus
Lieutenant

Downloads: 953

Hello Trevally!

Can you include more wolfpacks in the campaign?

Example: in the happy times. In 1940 there were many battles wolpacks.

zeus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii