SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-22-13, 11:36 PM   #1
U-48Kriegsmarine
Planesman

Downloads: 339
Uploads: 0
Default Operation Monsun - Quick Question

Hi All,

After a LONG absence from here, I have decided to make a return to U-Boating. I thought I'd give OM a shot - and I am impressed.

I've started a new campaign in a type IIC, and some lucky shots and a scapa flow raid later, I have some questions:

First off, I have been awarded the Iron Cross 1st class TWICE. ??? Wouldn't they give you 2nd class, then first class? (these are the only 2 medals I have been awarded)

Secondly, at some point, I would like to transfer to a flotilla with type IX or type VII boats. What is the policy on this? Are there restrictions??

Thanks!

Last edited by U-48Kriegsmarine; 05-23-13 at 07:11 AM.
U-48Kriegsmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-13, 09:19 AM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Medals awards have always had "problems", in all SH games. There's not much you can do except pretend that's the way it happened.

I can't help much with upgrades since I never use them. I think you might be offered a better boat at some point, but I'm not sure. Transfers are available for the asking. I've never done that either, so I don't know exactly where to click, but I think it's the telephone on the desk.

I always run concurrent careers, one from each available flotilla, so I always have one of each type of boat running at the same time. You could just start a career with a Type VII or Type IX.
Old 05-23-13, 09:49 AM   #3
U-48Kriegsmarine
Planesman

Thanks for the Reply!

I'll just press on regardless. I'm actually trying to reproduce Erich Topp's career, first in an IIC, then a VIIC, then a IX, and finally a XXI. All in one career - impressive record. That is, if I live that long. (I play Dead is Dead, unless it was something really stupid that 'killed' me, IE Bernard crashing into a harbor pilot tug boat)

all the best,

U-48KM
Old 06-08-13, 11:10 PM   #4
U-48Kriegsmarine
Planesman

So I did some experimenting sith flotillas and transfers, tried transferring to the 27th Training Flotilla, but I can't seem to figure out how to make the switch from a type VII boat to a type IX. Any thoughts?
Old 06-09-13, 09:13 AM   #5
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Not from me unfortunately. I've never requested a new boat or even a transfer, just accepting what they give me and calling it good. That said, I always have several careers going at the same time, one from each flottilla, which means different boats for different captains.
Old 06-09-13, 05:51 PM   #6
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Not from me unfortunately. I've never requested a new boat or even a transfer, just accepting what they give me and calling it good. That said, I always have several careers going at the same time, one from each flottilla, which means different boats for different captains.

You play the same way I play.I usually have at least three or four careers running with different boats from different flotillas.That way I never get bored or frustrated with one career.I can just move to a different career if my current boat/location starts to feel boring.

It takes a really long time to build up a career the way most people do staring from one point and going on to the end of the war.

For example I find the long range missions along the US Eastern seaboard and Gulf of Mexico that stated with "Operation Drumbeat" very interesting you really have to start from the Dec 16th date to insure that you will get a good assignment for the start of Drum Beat.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote