SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-20-11, 10:01 PM   #1
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
Default RSRDC and OM

When I dive my lovely American boat in OM/RSRDC, the XO yells, Periscope depth---in German. What's with that?
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-11, 10:54 PM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

SH4 doesn't have a switch like SH3 does. Your language is German or English, not both.

If you use MultiSH4 to set up multiple installs you can have two (or more) separate games, and run different setups on each.
Old 05-21-11, 12:01 AM   #3
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

You shouldn't be trying to run both American and German campaigns from the same game install, anyway - OM was never designed for that.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-11, 12:51 AM   #4
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP View Post
You shouldn't be trying to run both American and German campaigns from the same game install, anyway - OM was never designed for that.
NOW THEY TELL ME!!
Old 05-21-11, 11:09 AM   #5
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.
Old 05-21-11, 11:37 AM   #6
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default Back for more

My thinking cap is on. Lurk Lurk's instructions for OM do not say that you cannot run both the German and Amercian games from a single set up. If it does, I missed it. However, I can use multi SH4 to run a separate setup for each theater.

My next issue is that on the German side, using OM/OMEGU/Kiub, when I have identified a ship using to the onscreen identification button, the ID of the ship appears at the bottom of the screen. Then, if I open the ship's ID manual it will take me to the picture of the ship I have identified. That procedure does not seem to work when I am in a US sub in the PTO, and there are way too many ships to try to figure out which one I am observing. By the time I scan the target manual and select my target, it has sailed off. This applies to merchants particualary. Any ideas on this one? The manual does not seem to open automatically when using the button to try to ID the target. Nor do I see the ID of the target at the bottom of the screen.
Old 05-21-11, 02:47 PM   #7
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
My thinking cap is on. Lurk Lurk's instructions for OM do not say that you cannot run both the German and Amercian games from a single set up. If it does, I missed it. However, I can use multi SH4 to run a separate setup for each theater.
Just because he never said you can't doesn't mean it's a good idea. Actually you can, but it's still not a good idea. RSRD is strictly a Pacific campaign mod, so it doesn't affect OM at all, which is a good thing. RFB and TMO, however, may or may not have things that interfere with OM and vice versa. I say may or may not because I don't know. What I do know is that it's much easier to have separate installations for every different supermod, just because that way you don't have to deal with any hassles and each becomes its own game.

Quote:
My next issue is that on the German side, using OM/OMEGU/Kiub, when I have identified a ship using to the onscreen identification button, the ID of the ship appears at the bottom of the screen.
That one I can't help with at all, because I don't use any of the special interfaces. I hate clutter, and wish SH4 had something like the Simfeeling 6-Dials mod for SH3, which makes everything into a slideout. Sorry.
Old 05-21-11, 04:50 PM   #8
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

i resolved the ship id issue on the American boats in OM. However, the XO is still addressing me in German when he acknowledges orders. This is almost too much of a pain in the butt to deal with. BTW, Lurk Lurk has one set up in his lead post which applies to those who want to play both UBoat and American boats.

My TMO/RSRDC set up has been CTD about five minutes into each mission. I have not idea what is caussing it. I will reinstall SH4 if it happens once more.

My final setup is GFO, so I can use Captain Scury's OTC mod. He has rigged it so it works with RSRDC v401. Easy Aob and OTC conflict, but OTC is quite a mod, so I will survive. Scury is doing some minor tweaks to OTC to perfect his range corrections, and his updated version should be released soon. In the meantime, I will bid on Princess Beatrice's Royal Wedding Hat, which has his $130K on ebay with one day to go.
Old 05-21-11, 09:53 PM   #9
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

If you don't mind your Germans speaking English, what you can do is copy the entire sound folder from your pre-OM install, and then copy it into the OM mod folder so that all your German sounds are replaced by standard American sounds.

Otherwise the CTD is not totally surprising. Something tells me that because OM changes the way some of the sub equipment works, and that equipment was never adapted to be compatible with US subs. As a result, you will probably keep running into this.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-11, 12:06 AM   #10
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP View Post
Otherwise the CTD is not totally surprising. Something tells me that because OM changes the way some of the sub equipment works, and that equipment was never adapted to be compatible with US subs. As a result, you will probably keep running into this.
You are referring to CTD in OM. I was referring to CTD in TMO/RSRDC in an alternative setup.