SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-20, 09:11 AM   #16
steel shark
XO

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 5

Default Tdc

Its under construction at the moment but im messing around with Epic waters as well what ive done so far is :

Angle on bow indicator not quite working 100% yet and the dial is fuzzy so ill replace it not sure why as other dial went in ok

Target ship angel working also not 100% accurate

watch working fully tho not added Hands yet the watch in Pacific waters is your torpedo run timer im going to add red line hands for each tube with a number at the end to correspond to the tube

the tube status indicators are

1. Ready at tube when they lights up tube is ready to fire

2.Active tube theirs a torpedo loaded

3.Armed Torpedo fish is live

so TUBE PICTURES show

Ready at tube , A , A

i am also using this for the deck gun might change that

the FWR & AFT labels on the weapon panel show with lights the 6 forward tubes and the 4 atf tubes to indicate as to which tubes fire forward and which fire aft i added this as there are 10 tubes all in all

the large red button is the fire button and the other two are like normal in cold waters tube cycle and weapon load or switch weapon type

I MUST STRESS THO this is all Work in Progress its defiantly not going to look like this on release as im more interested in it all working right first then ill make it look nise i will add tools in the Large tactical screen like rulers and protractors for range and Bearing calculations but not started on that yet

the Sd display were the ESM one was is your air search radar so basically craft Warning system it works but needs tweaking

their is also the CCIP Mode Toggle this is the

Constantly Computed Impact Point or ccip this is switchable on or off and its basically the cold waters lead marker like you would use for a Mark 16 Torpedo if you want help targeting with torpedoes or deck gun

as their is no active sonar on the ww2 submarines im going to add i converted the active & passive button to General Quarters battle stations with sounds or Alarm on German boats ect in Atlantic Waters

while we are on the matter of sounds each ship has had its sounds increased realistically so you can hear em under waters at the proper ranges

the surface noise level and the under water noise level are different and sound different example a merchant and destroyer sound very different the noise scales as they slow down or speed up so in time you will get familiar with ship types buy noise

so when you are in under water view point that is your Hydrophones station other identification methods are recognition manual this replaces your signature panel as you can see in the pic 1 or periscope marking of target

ive been messing with a new slimmer conning tower extension see what you think ive not made the decking plates for it yet still

Last edited by steel shark; 08-01-20 at 07:55 AM.
steel shark is offline   Reply With Quote