Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-22, 09:29 AM   #5581
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

I had hopes that I would find it on yt. TV2News a Danish news channel had an ½ hours interview with three MOD. The Ukrainian the British and the Danish.

Both-The British and the Danish said they will support Ukraines effort to take Crimea what ever it takes.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 08-11-22, 11:35 AM   #5582
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Anti-radiation missiles (ARMs) home in on enemy radio frequency emissions, primarily from radar arrays belonging to enemy air defense systems, and destroy or disable them.
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...ent-to-ukraine

Thought that Ukraine already had this type of missiles.

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 08-11-22, 12:36 PM   #5583
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I had hopes that I would find it on yt. TV2News a Danish news channel had an ½ hours interview with three MOD. The Ukrainian the British and the Danish.

Both-The British and the Danish said they will support Ukraines effort to take Crimea what ever it takes.

Markus
The Danish can go first then.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 08-11-22, 12:39 PM   #5584
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
The Danish can go first then.
They will together with boots from UK, France and other countries in Europe. Be on the ground in UA withing the next 6-9 month of this I'm convince.

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 08-11-22, 12:41 PM   #5585
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
They will together with boots from UK, France and other countries in Europe. Be on the ground in UA withing the next 6-9 month of this I'm convince.

Markus
Well I'm certainly not convinced.

Old 08-11-22, 12:48 PM   #5586
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Two squadrons of newest Su-35s were destroyed in Ukraine, occupiers will take to sky outdated bombers, - General Staff

The Air Force of Ukraine destroys the latest Russian bombers, so the enemy has to attract old models from the reserves.

This was announced by the Deputy Chief of the Main Operational Department of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, Oleksii Hromov, during a briefing, Censor.NET reports.

According to him, the aggressor plans to use outdated Su-24M bombers for combat operations in Ukraine, because he lost two squadrons of the latest Su-35, about 24 units.

"Over the past week, the air defense forces of Ukraine have destroyed 27 air targets. In connection with the significant losses of aviation equipment, the occupiers are considering the option of using outdated bombers - Su-24M, which were removed from the combat team of the aggressor during 2005-2018," Hromov said.

He also emphasized that the Su-35 did not perform too well on the battlefield. Previously, only 9 of the 24 aircraft that Russia supplied to China were serviceable. Most often, their use was refused due to malfunctions of onboard systems.

Old 08-11-22, 12:52 PM   #5587
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Well I'm certainly not convinced.
I hope I'm wrong.

I had really hoped I could find this interview-Cause then you would see with your own eyes and ears it's your Defence Minister who spoke strongly about supporting UA and their effort to take Crimea--The Danish MOD only occurred in what the British said.

I could link to it-But it's behind a paywall(streaming service)

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 08-11-22, 12:57 PM   #5588
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Talk is easy for politicians, they don't get sent to do the fighting.

Old 08-11-22, 01:11 PM   #5589
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-11-22, 01:14 PM   #5590
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Default U.S. backs calls for a demilitarized zone around Ukraine nuclear power plant -State D

WASHINGTON, Aug 11 (Reuters) - The United States supports calls for a demilitarized zone around Ukraine's Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant after fighting involving Russian and Ukrainian forces in the vicinity of the plant, a State Department spokesperson said on Thursday.

“Fighting near a nuclear plant is dangerous and irresponsible – and we continue to call on Russia to cease all military operations at or near Ukrainian nuclear facilities and return full control to Ukraine, and support Ukrainian calls for a demilitarized zone around the nuclear power plant," the spokesperson said. https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...pt-2022-08-11/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 08-11-22, 01:48 PM   #5591
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
I'd wager they'd/Pravda be way below the wests assessment of the number.

Of course. I was just wondering if they were the same.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 08-11-22, 02:26 PM   #5592
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Of course. I was just wondering if they were the same.
The Ukrainian version of Pravda is way more reliable than the Rusky version.

Edit
I am in need of your help. I'm trying to find the article or video clip where Putin says he are interested in the Baltic States- I can't find it and to be honest I doubt he have said it and I wonder if I got a false memory
End edit

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 08-11-22 at 05:14 PM.
mapuc is online  
Old 08-11-22, 05:35 PM   #5593
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Because of her criticism of Russia's war against the Ukaine, former Russian TV journalist Marina Ovsyannikova must be placed under house arrest for the time being until October 9. That was the decision of a court in Moscow on Thursday, Russian agencies reported. The detention is part of a criminal case in which Ovsyannikova, 44, is charged with allegedly spreading false information about the Russian armed forces. She faces between five and ten years in prison, according to the Interfax agency. Ovsyannikova was arrested on Wednesday.
Old 08-11-22, 06:23 PM   #5594
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Danish BT wrote:

Quote:
Embarrassing defeat for Putin: 'We will remember this for a very long time'

"The Russians have been promised that this was just a special operation. They had nothing to fear. Now they're fleeing in swim shorts and having to sit in hour-long queues to get out of Crimea."

It has shocked the ordinary Russian. It has shaken the Russian defence. It has probably also shaken Vladimir Putin himself.

He has certainly been humiliated.

Because the huge explosions that hit the occupied Crimean peninsula on Tuesday have hit the Russian president's narrative about the invasion.

The special operation, which was supposed to be over in a few days, has now resulted in ordinary Russian beachgoers having to flee their holidays.

So far, Ukraine has not officially taken the blame for the explosions at the Saki airbase on the Crimean peninsula.

But it is clear that Russia has suffered heavy losses.

At least seven fighter jets have been confirmed destroyed via satellite imagery. Several more are damaged.

Tuesday's explosions in Crimea are among the three biggest victories for Ukraine since Russia invaded on 24 February.

"There was the sinking of the ship 'Moskva' in the Black Sea, there was the helicopter attack on Russian soil in Belgorod, and then there is Crimea,"

For many Russians, they are realising that this is war. The sinking of the 'Moscow' cruiser was something distant for many. But fleeing Russian tourists in swimming trunks is something most people can relate to.

"This is a huge victory for Ukraine. And it's a big, humiliating and embarrassing defeat for Putin,"

After the illegal annexation of the Crimean peninsula in 2014, the Russian president has considered the Crimean case closed. Crimea is Russian, he believes. Period.

Putin has underlined this attitude by encouraging ordinary Russians to spend their holidays on the beaches of the Crimean peninsula, next to the Black Sea.

But with Tuesday's explosions, that illusion is gone.

It may also be an indicator of a new situation in the war.

"Ukraine feels right now that they have a tailwind. If we assume that they were behind the explosions in Crimea, it is new and spectacular that they can attack so deep behind enemy lines. Several hundred kilometres,"

"At the same time, the Russians have to ask themselves: 'What is the next thing Ukraine can hit?' And here they probably fear the Crimean bridge from Russia. It's a huge symbol that Putin himself helped to open,"

But above all, the explosions at the air base in Crimea are a rude awakening. Not just for Vladimir Putin. But for Russia as a whole.

"It has made ordinary Russians aware that there is a war. The images of people in swimming trunks fleeing are ones we will remember for a very long time,"

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 08-12-22, 01:10 AM   #5595
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
The Ukrainian version of Pravda is way more reliable than the Rusky version.

Edit
I am in need of your help. I'm trying to find the article or video clip where Putin says he are interested in the Baltic States- I can't find it and to be honest I doubt he have said it and I wonder if I got a false memory
End edit

Markus

I remember something like that too Markus, something along the lines that the Russian Federation allows the Baltic states to be in NATO although they are rightfully Russian property. Similar spiel as their rhetoric on Ukraine.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Closed Thread