SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-13-12, 06:26 PM   #886
radiator
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 0

Hi, wolves!

Sorry for my english, I used a google translator...

Just recently came across this mod, a low bow to its creators! Thank you for your patience, perseverance, for they gave the game a second life! I play SH3 + GWX 3.0 for about three years, and when I saw this mod - I realized that I still have many, many battles! The monotony of always leads to depression, but with this mod does not threaten monotony for sure, because there are so many ships! Thank you so much!!!

Now the main question - what about the interaction with CLAssemblage2 (GraphicPack) and LCAssemblage (SoundPack)? For three years I played with these great mods, but when put MFM I discovered that none of the modes, except those that come with GWX, interact with him... After the gorgeous graphics CLA (water, sky, terrain, texture) and mark damage ships, rafts and many other things, to play SH3 + MFM with the usual graphics - it's a step back and sheer disappointment... Maybe still is a chance that the CLA and LCA will work with the MFM?

If not, the big request - please give a links to the similar mods to graphics and sound that will definitely be to interact with the MFM. Thanks in advance!

The basic SH3 + GWX 3.0 + MFM functioning normally.

My sistem:

Windows XP Pro 32 Bit
Processor 2.20 GHz
NVIDIA 8600
3 GB

P.S. Also, as for me MFM does not come with "St Naz and Schluese and other units V4" and "Wilhemshafen, St Naz, Schluese and xtra ships V6". I understand that there is a big conflict, is it?
radiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-12, 10:47 AM   #887
Red Heat
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
MERCHANT FLEET MOD SKIN PACKS

Extract to JSGME and install, depending on the time period you wish to simulate. Circa 1941-1942 you will see increasing numbers of camoflaged ships.

http://www.filefront.com/16685183/MF...kin_Packs-1.7z

http://www.filefront.com/16685157/MF...in_Packs-2.7z/
Outstanding work, Thanks!

´´There is three kinds of man: the living, the death,
and those who are at Sea.´´

Plato
Red Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-12, 12:47 PM   #888
jaxa
The Old Man

Downloads: 413

MFM is a great addon, but I have problem with new ships in recognition manual - some drawings are too big for page. I'd like to change background colour too - from white to light brown, like in stock book. How to do it simply?
jaxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-12, 03:46 AM   #889
Dbledip
Sailor man

Downloads: 96
Default MFM lite or Beta

I have tried every link to find this mod and even went to the new server location and looked in the IAMBECOMELIFE folder. It had MFM 3.2 but not the lite or beta version. I bought the SHIII DVD and the 4 gig patch would not install. The SHIII version is 1.4. Thank you
Dbledip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-12, 08:39 AM   #890
Plissken_04
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbledip View Post
I have tried every link to find this mod and even went to the new server location and looked in the IAMBECOMELIFE folder. It had MFM 3.2 but not the lite or beta version. I bought the SHIII DVD and the 4 gig patch would not install. The SHIII version is 1.4. Thank you

Iambecomelife released the MFM 3.2 at 2 or 3 weeks ago as the newer Version and deleted the Links for the Beta and Lite Version in the first Post of this Thread.

So Long

Maik
Plissken_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-12, 11:37 AM   #891
biosthetique
Lieutenant

Downloads: 652
Default Damage model

I don't know what that mod changed, but i now need 3 to 4 torpedoes to sink a freighter. that is a lot in my book. anyone has any ideas?
biosthetique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-12, 09:49 AM   #892
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

I don't know if the MFM does anything to the merchants' damage models but if you also installed GWX3 prior to adding the MFM, GWX *does* makes changes. Primarily in the way merchants take damage, with GWX it's mostly flooding that will cause them to sink, which can take a lot more time and/or holes in a ship (as it does in real life) than what you were used to with the stock game.

If you are pumping 3-4 eels into a small to medium merchant in a very short time using GWX, yes it may sink a lot quicker but it might have sunk anyway with 1-2 hits. It's just a matter of being patient and letting the flooding from the first hit(s) do its job. It is unlikely that a ship of any substantial size will take catastrophic damage and sink immediately from just one hit, unless it's a really well-placed and/or lucky one or some other factors like the weather and sea-state are also working in your favor to cause faster and heavier flooding.

Unless it was a Passenger/Cargo, in which case its holds were full of life preservers and ping pong balls and it's not going to sink even if you cut the bloody thing in half.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-12, 10:49 AM   #893
danasan
Elite Spam Hunter

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post

snip

Unless it was a Passenger/Cargo, in which case its holds were full of life preservers and ping pong balls and it's not going to sink even if you cut the bloody thing in half.
There was an unsinkable ship in real life. It was filled with empty cans. It took a couple of torpedoes and didn't sink at all. I have to find the story...

Edit: Read here about the HMS Patroclus and U99

"I invite you to go inside this submergible hole in the water where you can nicely hide from destroyers."

Last edited by danasan; 01-23-12 at 11:39 AM.
danasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-12, 12:16 PM   #894
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Umm...
Quote:
the sixth torpedo at 05.25 hours broke the ship in two, the stern capsized and the bow sank slowly in position 53º43'N, 14º41'W.
From your link. It took six torpedoes, but Patroclus did indeed sink.

On the other hand an American sub had much the same experience. This is an account from USS Whale.
Quote:
Fired three torpedoes. Three hits. One hit aft of his stack, the second blew wreckage up through forward hold and the third
hit aft. Target started turning toward us. Swung hard right and set up for a stern shot.

Fired single stern shot at range of 600 yards. Hit aft. This was a good hit, stopping the target cold. The target was
sinking by the stern, taking considerable port list. Took pictures, firmly convinced this was the graveyard of another
Japanese ship. Many of the crew had an opportunity to view the sinking ship through the periscope.

Having worked up to windward to observe target better, was astonished to find the fire under control and the list
corrected. Water was being pumped over the side through portable hoses. Fired another torpedo from the stern tube, but this
missed. Target was dead in the water, shooting wildly with deck guns.

Crew and passengers abandoned ship, although gun crew remained at posts. Target settled about ten feet overall and then
maintained its depth. Closed and fired sixth torpedo from bow tubes. This hit aft of superstructure depth.

Target still floating. Fired seventh torpedo from bow tubes. This hit with terrific concussion, but did not change trim or draft appreciably.
Fired eighth torpedo from stern tubes. This was heard to hit, but very little concussion was felt.

Getting dark. Target sinking slowly on an even keel, but still looks salvageable. There was no sign of life aboard,
although it was believed gun crews had not yet abandoned ship. Wishing to dispose of it before arrival of planes or rescue
ships, fired ninth torpedo. This hit right under stack and the explosion ripped away both sides of vessel about ten feet
below the main deck.

Target now settled more rapidly, the main deck being a few feet from wash condition at last observation. This vessel
had absorbed seven and possibly eight torpedo hits. The cargo must have been of such nature as to prevent her from sinking
more rapidly. Target was identified as the Heiyou Maru, 9,815 tons.

On retiring we found ourselves in the midst of eight boats full of survivors, approximately fifty men to each boat.
These men were dressed in both white and blue uniforms. One boat was passed close aboard, and survivors made ready to hit
the periscope with their oars.
Old 01-23-12, 12:29 PM   #895
Kaleun Cook
Chief

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by biosthetique View Post
I don't know what that mod changed, but i now need 3 to 4 torpedoes to sink a freighter. that is a lot in my book. anyone has any ideas?
I have to agree on this. It seems to be only the MFM-ships, though.

The stock ships appear to behave as they always did with GWX 3.0: a large cargo shp for example still goes down from the flooding after one eel to the bow. The MFM ships however seem to need at least two torpedos, no matter which size they are.

Edit: Demo effect - I just hit a MFM ship in the bow and it went down like the big stock ships.

Edit: Second try on a similar ship - this time it stayed afloat and needed a second torpedo. After all, I think this just adds to the realism.

Last edited by Kaleun Cook; 01-23-12 at 01:02 PM.
Kaleun Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-12, 01:28 PM   #896
danasan
Elite Spam Hunter

Downloads: 39

You are right, Steve, I should have put unsinkable into quotation marks. That ship was made of iron, and be sure - it will go down.

Edit as I found the English quote: "She's made of iron, sir! I assure you, she can... and she will. It is a mathematical certainty."

"I invite you to go inside this submergible hole in the water where you can nicely hide from destroyers."

Last edited by danasan; 01-25-12 at 12:48 PM.
danasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-12, 03:31 PM   #897
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

"Sink 'em all! Or at least spit in their eye!"
Old 01-24-12, 02:03 PM   #898
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by biosthetique View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleun Cook View Post
I have to agree on this. It seems to be only the MFM-ships, though.

The stock ships appear to behave as they always did with GWX 3.0: a large cargo shp for example still goes down from the flooding after one eel to the bow. The MFM ships however seem to need at least two torpedos, no matter which size they are.

Edit: Demo effect - I just hit a MFM ship in the bow and it went down like the big stock ships.

Edit: Second try on a similar ship - this time it stayed afloat and needed a second torpedo. After all, I think this just adds to the realism.
Hi Chaps

If memory serves me correctly, you are both right. I think Reece may have delved into this a tad deeper and adjusted some stuff. Again if memory serves, it had both positive and negative effects. Try a search, good hunting

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-12, 12:12 AM   #899
Dbledip
Sailor man

Downloads: 96
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken_04 View Post
Iambecomelife released the MFM 3.2 at 2 or 3 weeks ago as the newer Version and deleted the Links for the Beta and Lite Version in the first Post of this Thread.

So Long
Maik
Maik

Thanks for the info and thank you for the server with all of the mods!

Mike
Dbledip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-12, 01:20 PM   #900
radiator
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 78

Please tell us why these ships are not in the latest version of the MFM?
Where they can find and download?

L02B = Large Cargo
L03B = Large Cargo
S01B = Ore Carrier
S02B = Small Merchant
S03B = Tramp Steamer
S04B = Small Merchant
P01B = Small Transport
RP01A = Repair Ship

And another moment: in the roster missing .cfg file T15B ...

Last edited by radiator; 01-31-12 at 01:51 PM.
radiator is offline   Reply With Quote