SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-06, 10:51 AM   #1
underwaterguy
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Sub command egress port mission

When I'm finished reaching the habourmouth and tracking the Akula I don't get a mission completed message.
I've tried everything:when it's past 1700 hours and when the akula passes the specific point (I think it is 69n-45 or something).I've even travelled to the baltic sea hundreds of miles to the north(the mission brief states that you must track it to deep waters and exit the area).
I have the 1.08 patch installed so it can't be a bug that's doing it.
Pleeeeeeeee aaaaaaaase help!
underwaterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-06, 09:19 AM   #2
udadni
Watch

Sorry for the bump, but I'm having this problem too, and haven't been able to find a solution anywhere on the net...
udadni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-06, 04:49 PM   #3
Linton
Sea Lord

It has been a while since I played ,but would both of you be a little more specific in mission title and version of SC you are playing.It will help us give you advice.
Linton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-06, 07:24 PM   #4
underwaterguy
Swabbie

The mission name is egress port.The version is 1.08.
Thanks.
Old 09-02-06, 07:49 AM   #5
udadni
Watch

I'm playing the 688 campaign, Mission akula port egress. SC version 1.08. Objective is to establish and continue a track of an akula leaving port, until it passes a designated point or until a certain time has passed, whichever comes first. Even though both conditions are satisfied, the final objective, which is to wait for an order from comsublant is never satisfied, even if tracked well beyond the location or time specified. Also strange is the fact that you are counterdetected in the first second of the mission.

I'm going to try going to periscope depth and extending my radio antenna. Will post again after that.
Old 09-03-06, 09:38 PM   #6
underwaterguy
Swabbie

Thanks for the feedback.Good to see I'm not the only one with this problem though it took some time before it happened To be honest I've witten about this before and some guy provided me with a lot of experince about what he had done.Nothing helped.Among them were a way to just follow the coastline until you you were debriefed.Another one was to change the the side of the towed array which you can't do except if you turn the whole sub around.
The strange thing too about all this is the last requirement that you must,as it says,"exit the area".Just what does that mean?Exit to where?I've been all over the place but no matter how far I go it doesn't make any difference.
Well,good luck to you.Hope you succeed!
BATTLESTATIONS...
Old 09-04-06, 11:56 AM   #7
Linton
Sea Lord

Sometimes with annoying problems like this it is worth loading the mission into the mission editor and seeing where the goals have been set.
Linton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-06, 12:12 PM   #8
udadni
Watch

I finally beat this mission!

All you have to do is go to periscope depth and raise the radio antenna (or float the radio buoy) after you recieve the message that you've tracked to deep waters and just need to wait for the message from comsublant.

Good luck!
Old 09-07-06, 06:17 AM   #9
underwaterguy
Swabbie

Well,I just wanted to say thanks for the tip.It worked!At least in the sence that I'm now able to proceed to the next mission.I didn't wait to get the message that I had tracked the Akula to deep waters(I didn't get that message previously either)but raised the antenna as soon as I got conformation that I had established a track on the Akula.Unfortunately it had some consequences intelligencywise but I'm through!