SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-26-10, 03:18 AM   #1
Salvadoreno
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 119
Uploads: 0
Default Those who use STEAM for Sh4

I downloaded both Sh4 and Uboat Missions and i know in order for mods to work correctly through steam you must turn off auto update. However my autoupdate keeps going back to Automatically Update ingame!!! I constantly have to check it when i get CTDs or whenever i wanna run Sh4 with mods.. Why doesnt it stay with the setting i keep it at "never update"??
Old 04-28-10, 02:22 PM   #2
Salvadoreno
Grey Wolf

so NOBODY uses steam?
Old 04-29-10, 02:10 AM   #3
Jan Kyster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 152

How do I stop Steam downloading anything?

Unfortunately, as the whole purpose of Steam is to download files, it isn't immediately obvious how to stop it from downloading content to your computer. There is no way to stop it downloading updates to the Steam engine itself, but these updates are generally very small - almost certainly less than one megabyte in size.

To stop Steam downloading content for individual games, it is necessary to click on the 'Games' button on the Steam main page. For each game that is listed in the Games dialogue, you will need to right click on each game and select 'Properties'.

You will then see a section on the Properties panel that says 'Automatic updates'. You will need to change the dropdown under this section so that it reads 'Do not automatically update this game'.

This should stop Steam from automatically downloading content for those games. Please note, however, that there is no guarantees that Steam will actually stop downloading and download no further. It is very important to keep track of your usage if you are using Steam.

Source: Steam Support FAQ http://www.gamearena.com.au/help/faq/steam.php

The underlined quote is by me...
Btw. recently bought the DVD Gold edition just for fun. $12,95
Jan Kyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-10, 11:04 AM   #4
Salvadoreno
Grey Wolf

Thx Jan... I have to constantly check my Sh4 Uboats properties and click "do not auto update"... However even when i click it, i start to run the game and then i alt tab out of it, check my properties again, and it usually always returns to "auto update" . So i do it again but by then i think the damage is done. So unfortunate because i cannot run OMEGU v300 smoothly, it constantly crashes and i have a strong feeling its from steam.
Old 04-29-10, 11:33 AM   #5
Jan Kyster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 152

The value of OM and OMEGU way exceeds the meagre $15 you'll have to pay for a disc version...

But as far as I know others are playing the Steam version??
Jan Kyster is offline   Reply With Quote