u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Make love not lawfare.
Maybe they don't know how.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-24, 08:36 PM   #7547
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Pence announces he won't endorse Trump.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-24, 09:41 PM   #7548
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
I agree. That account and your post are both excellent examples of what's wrong with America.

Hint: Reverend Racist Man
There's nothing wrong with America Dowly. We have Finland right where we want you. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
You want a primer on what's wrong with America, just watch this guy's twitter feed. Psycho
https://twitter.com/RevRayCistman
Well Neal, It's reparations White man's burden until the end of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Pence announces he won't endorse Trump.
Pence, was the deep throat of Trump's administration.Who cares right, Joey and the gang now want a real War, yes the smartest brains , who by the way have clocked up defeat after defeat starting with the Korean War, right up to our current war.
Now these brains think this "Well we have our bunkers, we will survive and we will be needed to create a new Government and make the planet better again"

Oh and by the way they stocked all the military weapons, so when they all come out of their bunkers. Ya get to vote for the only party that has unlimited bullets. And Democracy will start over again. Well i got my meds and on second thought, I don't think these SOB's will never be able to come out of their bunkers.It will take them longer to die.. And that's a good thing.

And where the F is Greta Thunberg? Mother earth is being pocked marked and between the diesel and explosives. I just can't believe she is not telling NATO you are killing the planet.Where are you Greta when Earth needs you. Oh that's right when she was a baby girl and she was useful . But now she can't stand up and say BLAh,BLAH,BLAH . She is a NATO girl now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Fani Willis can stay on Donald TrumpÂ’s election interference case, judge rules
Jimbuna, The Fani Willis are all through your government.You see we get BBC here in the US. And Sky News, At 12:00 pm here in Florida i watch your 5:00 pm news there. And though i don't understand all of your political ritual's...It is easy to see what is in Washington blows across the Atlantic into London. Hey every country has to be subservient to the United States and our Political Families.You can have your K@Q but your government serves ,Those who protect you.And now your country is going to be worried about more sh.it than Donald Trump . Your country will be at war long before there's an Election in this country. It's time to pay the piper and there's no way out.

Last edited by Jimbuna; 03-16-24 at 05:45 AM. Reason: SPAM filter alert
Gorpet is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-24, 12:12 AM   #7549
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorpet View Post

Joey and the gang now want a real War, yes the smartest brains , who by the way have clocked up defeat after defeat starting with the Korean War, right up to our current war.
Now these brains think this "Well we have our bunkers, we will survive and we will be needed to create a new Government and make the planet better again"
I'm thinking "this" is their big plan, to dump WW3 in our laps if they can't steal "it" from us peons again.
Old 03-16-24, 01:00 AM   #7550
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
I'm thinking "this" is their big plan, to dump WW3 in our laps if they can't steal "it" from us peons again.
Well, The richest and the smartest have finally figured out, There is nowhere to go. What humans need to survive is here.So what can we expect ? Covid was a test.I think the next round will be attributed to the coming war.Look this planet only has a certain amount of resources.And there are more humans. So cull the Humans. Now if i was living and jet setting, Hell ya, what the hell would i care about anybody.
Gorpet is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-24, 01:13 AM   #7551
Buddahaid

Now who poked Gorpet? Fess up!

David Bowie
Old 03-16-24, 05:50 AM   #7552
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Speaker Mike Johnson says he's planning vote on Ukraine and Israel aid with Democrat support as pressure mounts

Quote:
Speaker Mike Johnson revealed that he expects the House to hold a standalone vote on Israel and Ukraine aid as pressure builds from the Senate after it passed foreign aid package last month.

He insisted he would not be pressured to rush the Senate package to the floorm as the White House says Ukraine's need for defense aid is urgent to keep Russian President Vladimir Putin at bay.

'We will work the will of the House,' Johnson said during a fireside chat at the House GOP retreat.
'No one wants Vladimir Putin to prevail,' he went on. 'I'm of the opinion that he wouldn't stop in Ukraine. If he was allowed, he would go all the way through Europe.'

'I understand the timetable and understand the necessity of the urgency of the funding,' the speaker said, adding that the House would not work through foreign aid until the government funding fight for fiscal year 2024 is completed.

'I think it is a stand-alone, and I suspect it will need to be on suspension,' Johnson later told Politico of foreign assistance.

Suspension requires a two-thirds majority and wide Democratic support. Johnson uses the procedure when he can't pass a rule for legislation, since passing the rule relies on Republican-only votes.

Congress has spent months at an impasse over further aid for U.S. allies - as the rightward flank of the House has even begun to threaten to motion to vacate Mike Johnson from the speakership if he puts further Ukraine aid on the House floor.

Another vote in the House would be the third go at aid for Israel.

The House first passed $14 billion in aid for Israel, but it was offset by cuts to the IRS - killing it in the Democratic-led Senate. And after last month a vote on a stand-alone Israel aid bill failed, Johnson declined to bring it up again.

Earlier this month the House passed its first tranche of six funding bills combined into one package. Another funding deadline looms on March 22 for the next six funding bills.

All 12 appropriations bills were supposed to be passed before the start of the fiscal year on October 1.

Johnson has seemingly backed down from demanding border security before passing Ukraine aid.

He mentioned border security in comments about foreign aid, but did not lay out any clear line demanding it in exchange for the money.

'It's difficult to explain to some people around the country that were "securing the border" of the European nation when our own border. It's wild,' Johnson said.

'The fact is that the President has not yet taken executive action.'

In December of last year, Johnson had explicitly told the White House: 'Supplemental Ukraine funding is dependent upon enactment of transformative change to our nation’s border security laws.'

The Senate's $100 billion foreign aid package included border provisions in addition to money for Ukraine, Israel and the Indo-Pacific. But House Republicans shunned the package, arguing it was more about immigration reform than securing the border.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...age=BB1jXqVg|1

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-24, 06:58 AM   #7553
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Why I post this in the US thread, you ask? Think sharp and you will find the answer.
Quote:
https://www.dw.com/de/brasilien-ex-m...ros/a-68590838

In the investigation into Jair Bolsonaro 's alleged plans to overthrow the government following his defeat in the presidential election, former high-ranking military officers are heavily implicating the ex-president. Brazil's federal police have accused the right-wing former head of state and his allies of preparing a coup in order to stay in power after losing the election to current President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva in October 2022.

According to investigation files, the far-right politician drafted a coup declaration, which he presented at a meeting with army representatives in December 2022, three weeks before his successor Lula da Silva was sworn in. They have now been published by order of the country's Supreme Court.

According to the files, the then army chief Marco Antônio Freire Gomes stated during his interrogation by the police that he had attended the meeting at Bolsonaro's presidential residence in the capital Brasília. An advisor had explained the legal basis for the planned coup d'état. Freire Gomes also stated that he had made it clear that the army would not take part in such plans to "reverse the electoral process".

The former head of the air force, Carlos Almeida Baptista Júnior, told investigators that Bolsonaro had urged him to look for "mechanisms" to prevent Lula from being sworn in. The coup d'état would "possibly" have been carried out if Freire Gomes had not positioned himself so resolutely against it, said Baptista Júnior.

The police had previously seized detailed coup plans from the private home of former Justice Minister Anderson Torres. The investigators accuse Bolsonaro of attempting to discredit Brazil's electronic voting system with a "disinformation campaign" in order to "legitimize a military intervention" in the event of defeat.

The ex-president rejects the accusations. In June last year, Bolsonaro had already been banned from all political office for eight years by the country's Supreme Electoral Court due to unsubstantiated allegations of electoral fraud.

In addition, the Supreme Court is currently investigating the ex-president on suspicion of inciting unrest following his election defeat. On January 8, 2023, thousands of Bolsonaro's supporters stormed the government district in Brasília. They attacked and vandalized the parliament, the Supreme Court and the presidential palace. To this day, Bolsonaro does not acknowledge the election victory of left-wing politician Lula da Silva and continues to fuel rumours of electoral fraud.
In a world were insanity is the new normal, everything is possible.
Old 03-16-24, 03:24 PM   #7554
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Is a coup d'état something new?
Old 03-17-24, 06:10 AM   #7555
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...ion-rcna143038

“It was jarring for folks in the room to see how quickly just a handful of these types of threats could spiral out of control and really dominate the election cycle,”
Old 03-17-24, 08:13 AM   #7556
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Trump warns of 'bloodbath' if he loses presidential election

Quote:
Donald Trump told a rally in Ohio on Saturday that November's presidential election will be the "most important date" in US history, painting his campaign for the White House as a turning point for the country.

Days after securing his position as the presumptive Republican nominee, the former president also warned of a "bloodbath" if he is not elected – though it was not clear what he was referring to, with the remark coming in the middle of comments about threats to the US auto industry.

"The date – remember this, November 5 – I believe it's going to be the most important date in the history of our country," the 77-year-old told rally-goers in Vandalia, Ohio, repeating well-worn criticisms that his rival, President Joe Biden, is the "worst" president.
Criticising what he said were Chinese plans to build cars in Mexico and sell them to Americans, he stated: "We're going to put a 100 percent tariff on every single car that comes across the line, and you're not going to be able to sell those cars if I get elected."

"Now if I don't get elected it's going to be a bloodbath for the whole – that's going to be the least of it, it's going to be a bloodbath for the country. That'll be the least of it. But they're not going to sell those cars."

As Trump's comment gained traction on social media, Biden's campaign released a statement calling the Republican a "loser" at the ballot box in 2020 who then "doubles down on his threats of political violence."

"He wants another January 6 but the American people are going to give him another electoral defeat this November because they continue to reject his extremism, his affection for violence, and his thirst for revenge," the campaign said, referring to the deadly attack on the US Capitol by Trump supporters in 2021.

Later, Biden spoke at a dinner in Washington, where he also warned of "an unprecedented moment in history."

"Freedom is under assault... The lies about the 2020 election, the plot to overturn it, to embrace the Jan. 6 insurrection pose the greatest threat to our democracy since the American Civil War," he said.

"In 2020, they failed, but ... the threat remains."

The 81-year-old, who has waved off concerns that he is too old for a second term, leavened his rhetoric with humor.

"One candidate's too old and mentally unfit to be president," he said of the presidential race. "The other guy's me."
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...d1e364a8&ei=11

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-24, 09:42 AM   #7557
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

It sounds like he think the sun is orbiting around him, that he think he is the most important person in the US and the World.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-24, 10:03 AM   #7558
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
It sounds like he think the sun is orbiting around him, that he think he is the most important person in the US and the World.

Markus
Exactly, and he doesn’t care who is in the way or anybody else, sprinkle in ineptitude, cronyism, nepotism, and grift and you have the GOP twitter candidate.

He will never debate Biden because he knows he will fail.

David Bowie
Old 03-18-24, 09:29 AM   #7559
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Trump warns of 'bloodbath' if he loses presidential election
He's a genius, I'm sure he intentionally left out the word "financial' from "financial bloodbath" just to get the exact reaction and press he has from the crazed lunatic left. He was clearly speaking of Chyna building cars in Mexico for the US market being a financial disaster for domestic auto makers. He's now making statements that he knows they will demonstratively "twist" just so we all see them doing it.

Their deluded response to him alone on this speech just makes me want to hand over scads of money to President Trump. If only there wouldn't be the unwanted constant half decade long barrage of telephone calls, emails, and texts afterward from every two bit republican on the planet wanting MORE of my money. Having scads of money would help my cause too. LOL
Old 03-18-24, 10:18 PM   #7560
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Exactly, and he doesn’t care who is in the way or anybody else, sprinkle in ineptitude, cronyism, nepotism, and grift and you have the GOP twitter candidate.

He will never debate Biden because he knows he will fail.

Old Joe can't put together a complete sentence without a teleprompter and you actually really believe that Trump wouldn't wipe the floor with him on the debate stage?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote