Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-19, 02:24 PM   #7156
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

That was a pretty bad flub, but at least he doesn't want to burn the flag that was flying over Ft McHenry.

Old 07-05-19, 03:20 PM   #7157
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

Reminds me of that Guy on the Chatterbox Radio Station in GTA III
the one harping on about serving during the Australian - American War

"I didn't do two tours and take boomerang shrapnel in my head, just to have a bunch of hippies deny history!"
Old 07-05-19, 04:03 PM   #7158
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
[...] Australian - American War "I didn't do two tours and take boomerang shrapnel in my head, just to have a bunch of hippies deny history!"
i really have to memorize that

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 07-05-19, 05:31 PM   #7159
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Not playing those types of games, I hadn't heard that one. Yeah, it's good.
Old 07-05-19, 05:54 PM   #7160
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
That was a pretty bad flub, but at least he doesn't want to burn the flag that was flying over Ft McHenry.

There's a problem about that being the actual flag flown over the fort at the time of the battle; it seems there was a strong storm during the battle's duration and the above flag was most likely not the one FS Key wrote abut in his song parody; during inclement weather, a smaller flag was hoisted and flown over the fort and the practice was most like ly followed at Ft. McHenry. There is some serious doubt the flag on display is the actual battle flag and the other "storm flag" has been lost to history. Its one of those "if you chose to believe you may be right and if you choose not to believe, you may be right" situations...

<O>
Old 07-05-19, 05:59 PM   #7161
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Given the current state of the US, the UK must being thinking "Wow, we really dodged a bullet, there!!"...

Now, back to the continuing "Madness of 'King Donald'"...

<O>
Old 07-05-19, 06:01 PM   #7162
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Considering how May has butchered BREXIT I doubt this.
Old 07-05-19, 06:19 PM   #7163
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
i really have to memorize that
here @53:30 or so But i recommend listening to the whole thing - its hilarious
Old 07-05-19, 07:10 PM   #7164
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
There's a problem about that being the actual flag flown over the fort at the time of the battle; it seems there was a strong storm during the battle's duration and the above flag was most likely not the one FS Key wrote abut in his song parody; during inclement weather, a smaller flag was hoisted and flown over the fort and the practice was most like ly followed at Ft. McHenry. There is some serious doubt the flag on display is the actual battle flag and the other "storm flag" has been lost to history. Its one of those "if you chose to believe you may be right and if you choose not to believe, you may be right" situations...
<O>

There's also the same sort of thing with the Iwo Jima flag(s). http://www.jaygarmon.net/2010/02/tru...-first-us.html
Old 07-08-19, 08:59 AM   #7165
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sa...tes-2019-07-08

Quote:
Perfect. Just perfect.

It turns out that Kamala Harris is no big fan of federally mandated “busing” to integrate schools. The California senator pointedly refused to back the policy under questioning last week. Yes, the same person who slammed Joe Biden during the previous week’s Democratic presidential debate — or “debate” — for not supporting it, either.

I’m sure the candidates will now thrash out alleged “nuances” between their positions, but the drive-by hit at the debate wasn’t about nuance. Harris implied there was a gulf between her and Biden. And the sound-bite format let her get away with it without any real Biden comeback. Could anything illustrate better just how these so-called debates are turning our presidential elections into an absolute farce?

They’re not debates. They’re “America Lacks Talent” — an unreality show. They’re about people swapping canned sound bites and hoping one of them goes viral on YouTube.

They don’t help select the best nominee. They insult the voters, they weaken our democracy, and they may end up costing the Democrats the 2020 presidential election. This is the very process that helped Donald Trump emerge from a crowded field as the Republican nominee in 2016. Really, Democrats? This is your plan?

Quote:
You want free, universal health care for “undocumented” immigrants (“Mexicare, if you will)? OK. Defend the idea. Defend the risks. Defend the costs. Explain how it would work. And explain how it might win, or lose, Wisconsin.
I want real answers. I don’t want a show of hands. What is this, fourth grade?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online  
Old 07-08-19, 11:00 AM   #7166
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
They’re not debates. They’re “America Lacks Talent” — an unreality show. They’re about people swapping canned sound bites and hoping one of them goes viral on YouTube.
This problem started with Tom Perez's decision to not let Fox News host any of the debates. This guaranteed softball questions and no pushback from moderators. This won't play out well later on.

Quote:
You want free, universal health care for “undocumented” immigrants (“Mexicare, if you will)? OK. Defend the idea. Defend the risks. Defend the costs. Explain how it would work. And explain how it might win, or lose, Wisconsin.
I want real answers. I don’t want a show of hands. What is this, fourth grade?
What is remarkable is that not one of these people had the backbone to say I'm not going to do it without an explanation pro or con. Not very Presidential.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 07-09-19, 01:12 PM   #7167
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Rockstar is online  
Old 07-10-19, 08:51 AM   #7168
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

fed chair testifies before congress live feed 10am 10 July 2019

Rockstar is online  
Old 07-11-19, 12:18 AM   #7169
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Old 07-11-19, 07:24 AM   #7170
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Transcript of Fed Chair testimony before congress

https://www.federalreserve.gov/newse...l20190710a.htm

So far the economy doing well.

Quote:
... The economy performed reasonably well over the first half of 2019, and the current expansion is now in its 11th year. However, inflation has been running below the Federal Open Market Committee's (FOMC) symmetric 2 percent objective, and crosscurrents, such as trade tensions and concerns about global growth, have been weighing on economic activity and the outlook. The labor market remains healthy. Job gains averaged 172,000 per month from January through June. This number is lower than the average of 223,000 a month last year but above the pace needed to provide jobs for new workers entering the labor force. Consequently, the unemployment rate moved down from 3.9 percent in December to 3.7 percent in June, close to its lowest level in 50 years. Job openings remain plentiful, and employers are increasingly willing to hire workers with fewer skills and train them. As a result, the benefits of a strong job market have been more widely shared in recent years. Indeed, wage gains have been greater for lower-skilled workers. That said, individuals in some demographic groups and in certain parts of the country continue to face challenges. For example, unemployment rates for African Americans and Hispanics remain well above the rates for whites and Asians. ...
on a side note instead of input from main stream media whose business it is to sell papers by any means necessary, political fanboys, internet memes or foreigners who suffer from the 'dark tetrad' compounded by heavy drinking because they have nothing else in life to do. Which only serve to divide a nation down political lines. There is a ton of information out there which you can see and read with your own eyes to make your own informed opinions and decisions. Which in turn will empower the readers to better hold BOTH parties accountable. If we grow up and start acting like adults they will have no choice but to follow suit.

According to Fed Chair what I found out is here at home, jobs are plentiful, employment good but needs work, wages are finally moving up primarily for whites and Asians however not sufficiently enough for others, national economy is doing well, global economy is slowing and we may eventually follow along that same path.

As of the 24th of July The Great State of Maryland will increase minimum wage of $15.00 and hour. yipeee!

Rockstar is online  
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter