Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-15-21, 10:51 AM   #8521
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
I can honestly say that I don't know of a single case where someone has been infected by someone else eating too many cheeseburgers and sitting on their couches too long. Something tells me that's a distinct difference from a contagious disease.

Not really, a healthy and fit body stands a better chance of deterring heart disease and viral or bacterial infection.

The human body is an amazing thing that can do wonders and in my cult it’s better to be in good health than listen to politicians play doctor demanding the unethical use of any vaccine.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-21, 11:27 AM   #8522
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247
Icon10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Did you know in the U.S. over one thousand people die each day from heart disease? The same couch potatoes who as they sit on their large behind chewing on a cheeseburgers and gulping down a soda for breakfast said it wouldn’t happen to them. But that’s not a headline so it’s not important to anyone. So it’s jab after jab after jab of booster after booster of new and improved vaccines!

2,600 fully vaccinated people have died from COVID breakthrough cases which as the inventor of the mRNA vaccine above and other biologists said may get worse because of the unethical use of the vaccine by mandate nazis which could cause the evolutionary growth of a vaccine resistant virus.

Good luck,

Oh btw I only had one jab of Moderna and had Delta last month and I’m still alive. Nothing against vaccines just their unethical use and hearing politicians (instead of doctors) mandating their use
Here's the deal. You got one dose of Moderna, then got COVID and recovered. You probably have the best level of antibodies right now, better than two doses but never gotten covid.

All of those couch potatoes? They're more at risk than marathon runners and mountain climbers, so getting vaccinated, from a pure risk-benefit standpoint, makes sense.

That's the difference - many people who are anti-vax are also extremely unhealthy - whether due to eating burgers and sodas, or due to bizarre "healthy" diets like eating only raw food, or only eating vegan but not actually getting enough nutrition.

I'm fat and I know it. But, eating at home means I control what is in my food to a greater extent than when I was going to the office and grabbing food out. Even "healthy" things like Panera Bread are awash with hidden fat, sugar, etc. Breakfast for me today was homemade jambalaya and a salad. Mid-morning I had a banana. For lunch I'll have a leftover pork chop from last night and a salad. I might indulge with an afternoon handful of cheezit crackers. But other than my coffee in the morning with 2 teaspoons of sugar (I drink 2 cups), I'm not drinking 20 oz coke zero all day like I used to when I was in the office. Instead, I drink water with lemon - about 2 gallons a day.

I literally did very little, didn't even notice it, and now I have pants that will fall off me unless I wear a belt that is cinched far more than I could in the past.

No one is saying that vaccine is right for everyone, it's just that those who are the loudest anti-vax can't seem to recognize that they are older and unhealthier than they believe. 50 *isn't* the new 30 because our lifestyles and Western diet are utter trash in comparison to earlier decades. I loved traveling to Japan, Australia, Spain, S. Korea before the pandemic because, despite my unhealthy habits, stress, long hours and lack of exercise, I at least knew that pretty much anywhere I ate, the food was vastly healthier and of far better quality than in the US. Eggs with bright orange yolks that taste eggy. Chicken with a pronounced chicken taste. "Fast food" sashimi that is better than 90% of high-end sashimi here in the US. Beef that is properly marbled and when you bite into it, it explodes with molten fat. But - meat portion size is vastly different (3 cubes of yakitori beef amounting to about 1.5 ounce total). 300g of meat is a giant portion. It is mostly used as a flavoring more than the main element.

In the US, we *also* have unhealthy lifestyle habits outside of a terrible diet. Commute from the suburbs for an hour to a job we hate to make a large enough salary to afford the commute, the McMansion that we fill with stuff we don't need, and eating out for lunch each day. Both parents working just to afford the day care costs. Home after a stressful commute to eat a late takeout dinner and then collapse on the couch for a few hours watching TV before waking up and doing it all over again.

I'd love to be able to live in a walking town. I'd love to get rid of one of our cars and have my wife retire. But, where we are at, the small walking cities are spread out and they are "trying to make a comeback from their heyday in the 1950s and 1960s" where they're gentrifying formerly terrible locales. My job (once I have to go back to the office) is in Camden, NJ, one of the worst cities for crime. In order to live in a safe area with decent schools and *not* make more money, I live 45 minutes away from the office. My wife is an hour away from her job as a teacher in Atlantic City (also a terrible dangerous city). In fact, most cities in the US where you could ditch a car are prohibitively expensive for the middle class unless you live in a neighborhood destroyed by crime. You're either wealthy in safe clean neighborhoods or you're poor in dangerous neighborhoods in pretty much every city in the US.

I could take a train from home to the office, but the rail pass would cost more than fueling my car and I'd have a 30 minute drive to the train station (or move closer and have higher property taxes). There will never be safe, clean, accessible public transport here because the southern portion of new jersey is all suburb and farmland once you get a mile or two east of the Delaware River.

My point to all this: lifestyle, diet, exercise are all linked to conveniences that make us less healthy than our hard-drinking, pack-a-day-smoking, manual laboring ancestors who got hours of exercise each day just from their jobs and who ate mostly unprocessed foods - and they typically still got their kids and themselves vaxed if they didn't already have a particular disease that they recovered from.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-21, 11:52 AM   #8523
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
Don't get me wrong - I believe vaccination should be a personal choice for covid - but it has to be in the context of not fooling yourself about your own healthiness. Taking medicine to keep your blood pressure in check means you still have high blood pressure. Being 20 lbs overweight means you're still overweight. Taking insulin for diabetes means you're still diabetic. Too many people consider themselves in "good" health when they should be considered "fair, at best."
I am not diabetic, but I am quite certain I was pre-diabetic, had metabolic syndrome in an early, unfolding stage. And I have had extremely high heart rates - at rest - since over 35 years, and have high blood pressure. HR at rest of 110 and more. Excercising or not played no role to tackle that, ever. In 2008, that got me almost killedm when I collapsed during a bicylce tour, climbed up a peak in bike, was doen and over when I was up there, and my view went dark. I was in quite good pyhsicla shape back then. Or so I thought. I have done almost 3 decades of martial art, first 10 years very intensely.

Today - I have cut my hypertension medics by over one half. Of three drugs, I stopped one, halved the second, reduced the third. My BP is around 115/75 - slighty less than with the drugs, and before I started to supplement.

My heart rate is at fully normal - from 100-115 at rest down to 70-75 - since I eat huge quantities of salt. From 110 down to 70, I can assure you, thats a difference that one does feel.

Had two blood tests this year, the first was kind of alarming a bit, the second some months and life changes later: bombastically good. Also had a fatty acid analysis in spring, outstandingly strong/good values. In winter I was at 92 kg, I am, now at 73, and run again.

My old doc was perplexed and did not like it since I violated all his advice on not doing what I am doing. I thus found a new one. The new doc also does not know that much about nutrition supplementation, but he is listening and is willing to see wheter I can convince him in argument or not , asks questions and is willing to learn new stuff. Thats good enough.

You know what all this means? All my life I had sufficient calory intake, more than I needed. And yet I was undernourished. Its like having a full fuel tank in a car - but not caring for sufficient oil, stable battery, intact cables, clean windshield, rubber on the wipers, and hydraulic oil in the brakes. And I did not even snack excessively, drank no softdrinks at all, chips and peanuts flips are a thing of the past since 15 years or more, eating convbenicne food happens from time to time, but is ver ylimited, and I ate vegetable and occasionally fruits, although never with too much pleasure. Also I had plenty of cereals, good bread.

I had the quantity. But not the needed mix, the needed quality. Our food, even vegetables, do not have the amounts of nutrients anymorte that they had a hundred years ago. They cna lack minerals and vitamines of up to 90% (depends on the soil they were grown on, and the seed brands)! You heard of, probably, the Selenium deficit practically every bod has, in Europe more than in the US. Well, the bad news is: its not just selenium, but in different regions it is several of the remaining nutrients that are missing or are in low supply, too.

So people can eat healthy, so they think, and live an active life - and nevertheless can be short in supply in critical nutrients.

My dad, beyond mid-70 of age, had diabetes II, suffered a light stroke, took plenty of meds. He too was able to reduce them. and his diabetes - IS NO MORE THERE, no signs can be found that he ever had it. His doc also is perplexed.

My earlier post provided two links to Jason Fung, one 3-minute video, and one 3-minute read. Check it for a start, its not much time, and see whether it makes sense to you or not.

On Covid, I never ever said a good immune system or a good nutrition supply or Vitmaine-D status in your system protects you from getting Covid. I never said that. What I always have said is that I think having good supply in certain nutrients might help your immune system to start fighting much faster after an infeciton, than if you are undersupplied in certain minerals, vitamines, trace elements. Zinc, Vit-D, Vit-C, Vit-A, Magnesium, Selenium, Q10, Iodine and Omega-3 on my mind primarily. Also having less of the bad stuff: transfats, Omega-6, evertyhing that helps "silent inflammations" going into party mode, being overweight, being diabetic. And Vitamine D helps to reduce inflammatory cytokines and tells the immune system to use more of the less inflammatory cytokines. No cytokine storm. That too is good.

In the main I just reacted to an implied claim made by Rockstar I think that diabetes and overweight can be cured by excercising and getting into a calory deficit mode. We know today that this is wrong, no matter whether that deficit mode is achieved by exercising more or eating leass or both, it is proven, there are studies proving it, it simply does not work. Sports has its merits, lung and heart functions, muscles producing cytokines influencing the brain'S directing of the hormonal homeostasis and so forth: but diabetes and overweight are not amongst the prominent benefits of sports, that are myths. Diabetes is a hormonal dysbalance in the main, not a calory dysbalance. Same is true for weight. That there are not few doctors who still believe it because it has been taught this way during their university days, does not make it any less wrong. Eating less, excercising, both aim at shifting the calory balance into a deficitary mode status. But by that, after some adaptation time when the body indeed looses some weight - he gains it again, and then you eat relatively seen less, and become nevertheless fatter. Becasue the body reduces the basal metabolic rate - until you are positive again with your calories, eat more than the metabolism burns, and then you gain weight again - while running at a lower metabolic level: you start to feel cold, your immune system works weaker, you find it harder to focus and concentrate, your endurance goes down, and so forth.

I have even convinced a professional food counselor this summer, she has skipped the official ideology of frequent eating, lots of fruits and vegetables five times a day. She dropped it after I directed her at the books of Fung. She now works according to ketogenic diat principles that she adapts to the pragmatic living conditions of her clients.

Eat less often. Eat less carbohydrates. Fast, do intermittend fasting. Eat good fat, delete bad fats. Supplement nutrients.

Dont eat all the time.

I am not the inventor of these thoughts, I am only the messenger. And Fung himself says that what he teaches peope mpostly is very oold stuff our forefathers have lived by for generations and generations. Check it yourself and see whether the man make sense or not. He has 20 years of experience in treating adipositas and diabetes. And different to so many other showmen, he is extremely successful in it.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-15-21 at 12:23 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-21, 11:57 AM   #8524
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-21, 12:00 PM   #8525
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 09-15-21, 12:33 PM   #8526
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

I went in for physical about four years ago for the first time in probably 12 years. First thing a doctor does is ask me my age, look at my ankles and put the cuff on my arm and take a bp reading. I am immediately diagnosed with high blood pressure 135/95 and given a prescription for meds to get it under control. I said to my self, self that was mighty quick and sudden like. Never got the prescription.

So I buy a reputable BP cuff for home use. Yes I compared it to a doctor friend of mine’s ‘profesional” cuff. First i eventually learn of a thing called white coat syndrome then as I measure my own BP for two weeks, I already exercise and eat fairly well but I can assure you I am no health nut, I find my average BP is 118/72.

Take your own BP, I did 5 sometimes 7 times a day for two weeks. Average it out learn about your own body before you end up with a massive collection of prescription drugs piled on your bed stand. Given the chance I think would love to hand out meds like candy.

I am aware of the latest Moderna intel too. I had COVID before the first shot because of that they say the first jab can wreak havoc on you. Not only did I have a mild anaphylactic reaction which is why I declined the second jab. But after the first jab I also felt much worse than when I had COVID the first time. I also felt the pain at the injection site expand down my arm into my chest and up the left side of my neck and head. egads was it ever a miserable painful experience.

When I got COVID again last month with the exception of the spread of the injection site pain. I felt very similar to when I got the first jab. Absolutely run down, no appetite, nausea, except this time I also had chest congestion and a case of the quick steps. Still went to work then on my first day off since getting cooties I slept all day and night. When I finally awoke I felt like a new man and very very hungry. I ordered the biggest garbage pizza there was and woofed it down. I think it was that pizza which saved my life

Last edited by Rockstar; 09-15-21 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-15-21, 12:43 PM   #8527
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ I've had almost identical BP experiences almost every time I go for my annual health check and the arrangement I have with them is I take a monitor home for a week and record the readings and have always satisfied them my BP is in order....'white coat syndrome' has a lot to answer to.

My biggest mistake during the past few years was admitting what my alcohol intake level is and shortly after the government advice literally slashed the recommended units by 50% so now I simply lie.

Funnily enough my annual check is booked in for tomorrow so I'll drink a few pints of tap water on rising in the morning before producing a urine sample.

No blood sample tomorrow because there is currently a national shortage of sample bottles otherwise I wouldn't be drinking anything alcoholic tonight.

Old 09-15-21, 01:31 PM   #8528
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
I went in for physical about four years ago for the first time in probably 12 years. First thing a doctor does is ask me my age, look at my ankles and put the cuff on my arm and take a bp reading. I am immediately diagnosed with high blood pressure 135/95 and given a prescription for meds to get it under control. I said to my self, self that was mighty quick and sudden like. Never got the prescription.

So I buy a reputable BP cuff for home use. Yes I compared it to a doctor friend of mine’s ‘profesional” cuff. First i eventually learn of a thing called white coat syndrome then as I measure my own BP for two weeks, I already exercise and eat fairly well but I can assure you I am no health nut, I find my average BP is 118/72.

Take your own BP, I did 5 sometimes 7 times a day for two weeks. Average it out learn about your own body before you end up with a massive collection of prescription drugs piled on your bed stand. Given the chance I think would love to hand out meds like candy.

I am aware of the latest Moderna intel too. I had COVID before the first shot because of that they say the first jab can wreak havoc on you. Not only did I have a mild anaphylactic reaction which is why I declined the second jab. But after the first jab I also felt much worse than when I had COVID the first time. I also felt the pain at the injection site expand down my arm into my chest and up the left side of my neck and head. egads was it ever a miserable painful experience.

When I got COVID again last month with the exception of the spread of the injection site pain. I felt very similar to when I got the first jab. Absolutely run down, no appetite, nausea, except this time I also had chest congestion and a case of the quick steps. Still went to work then on my first day off since getting cooties I slept all day and night. When I finally awoke I felt like a new man and very very hungry. I ordered the biggest garbage pizza there was and woofed it down. I think it was that pizza which saved my life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
^ I've had almost identical BP experiences almost every time I go for my annual health check and the arrangement I have with them is I take a monitor home for a week and record the readings and have always satisfied them my BP is in order....'white coat syndrome' has a lot to answer to.

My biggest mistake during the past few years was admitting what my alcohol intake level is and shortly after the government advice literally slashed the recommended units by 50% so now I simply lie.

Funnily enough my annual check is booked in for tomorrow so I'll drink a few pints of tap water on rising in the morning before producing a urine sample.

No blood sample tomorrow because there is currently a national shortage of sample bottles otherwise I wouldn't be drinking anything alcoholic tonight.
White coat syndrome aside, the other thing that needs to be considered is the size of the BP cuff. Too small and you're going to show a high BP. Mine last reading was 112/63, with medication. Without it, 148/90 on average.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-21, 01:35 PM   #8529
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:

My wife has white coat syndrome. Taking her BP at home she has better reading. She is on BP pills and even on those at the Dr. office she reads high. So, before she goes for a physical the Dr. has her taking several readings at home over a week and bring in the results. It is much more accurate.

Fortunate for me my BP is always in a good spot and the Dr. says to keep on doing what I'm doing. Which is not much but sitting and drinking beer.
Old 09-15-21, 01:41 PM   #8530
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Oh boy, there was a time my BP was out of control because I was once a raging alcoholic staying out late every chance I got bar hopping fooling around with the pretty senoritas. Go home catch a ten minute power nap get up go to work and do it all over again the that night. Nothing like a life style change to remedy that. Going from 160/110 to around 125/85 several months later.

Old 09-15-21, 01:46 PM   #8531
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Oh boy, there was a time my BP was out of control because I was once a raging alcoholic staying out late every chance I got bar hopping fooling around with the pretty senoritas. Go home catch a ten minute power nap get up go to work and do it all over again the that night. Nothing like a life style change to remedy that. Going from 160/110 to around 125/85 several months later.
I would run like that in college. As far as beer drinking, I have 1-2 a night. My doctor is ok with that.
Old 09-15-21, 02:13 PM   #8532
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Roger that on BP measuring. I do it maybe twice a month, but then several times over the day. BP must be taken in relation to activity you currently do, also people have changes in the BP scheme over the day, it has its own pattern of mild up and downs, and they tend to by comparable from day to day, if activity patterns are the same.

Also as Rockstar said its good to take any doctor's advice not totally obedient and uncritical. They are humans, they have good and they have bad days, they have been trained according to a curriculum that is heavily influenced by many lobby groups, and they may have different levels of positive motivations. The job they found themselves in might be somethign very different than what they once imagined it would be like. They are only humans. As I said in some earlier post or that health thread: always listen to what your doctor tells you, and ask him why he thinks so. But do not automatically take it as the penultimate truth, but take it, try to form a more or less educated opinion of it as far as you can as a layman, do some media research, and then decide. Mind you, any health consequences, in good and bad, will be paid by you - not by your doctor.

The decision should always be yours, never that of the doctor. The doctor is an expert advisor, not a decider of the general strategy.

However, a doctor owes you to be right and to know it better a very impressive number of opportunities. He studied medicine, you did not. Thats why he is called Doc, and you get called something different. So if he is not right that often as you must demand from him, then its time to move and find a better one, maybe...?!

White coat syndrome is real, there are even both medical and psychological studies on it. But not everybody falls victim to it. My father does, heavily, while I am immune to it, my BP measurings vary a bit with the time of day, but not with whether the doc makes the measuring, or myself at home.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-15-21 at 02:42 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-21, 04:23 PM   #8533
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Shame on you.

Agreed.

"There's something happening here
But what it is ain't exactly clear"
Old 09-15-21, 07:40 PM   #8534
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

In 1954, polio was a terrifying reality. The vaccine began as a large clinical trial of 1.3 million kids around the country. They called themselves Polio Pioneers, the first to try a new vaccine in the hopes of ending a grave threat.

Nine months after the trial ended, the vaccine was declared safe and effective. In 1955, mass inoculation against polio began. 25 years later, domestic polio transmission had all but vanished.

Polio is now a mandated vaccination in all 50 states. The kids you see pictured made this a reality for us all.
Old 09-16-21, 08:04 AM   #8535
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Six unvaccinated members of Florida family die of COVID-19:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

Quote:
After attending the funeral for 48-year-old family member Tyrone Moreland, 89-year-old grandmother Lillie Mae Dukes Moreland was hospitalized with the virus and died just 24 hours later, according to The Palm Beach Post.

Three more cousins died shortly after their grandmother, and the family's most recent loss was 44-year-old Trentarian Moreland, who died on Sunday.

Surviving family member Lisa Wilson said she believes she can trace at least two of the family's deaths to a food pantry where her relatives had worked, but she is unsure where the others contracted the virus, the Post reported.

Wilson had spent weeks going door to door in Belle Glade, Fla., encouraging people to get vaccinated. She had unsuccessfully attempted to persuade her family members to get vaccinated prior to their deaths.

"I was in their ears almost every day. 'You've just got to do this,'" Wilson said to the Post. "I'm beating myself up. Should I have pushed harder?"
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan