SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-12-11, 03:58 PM   #76
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces View Post
Thanks chaps,

Everything working as planned, new screenies on my Type 9 Super Turms thread, releasde this weekend all things being equal.

Cheers

Aces
Sounds very good, looking forward...!
Old 05-12-11, 06:55 PM   #77
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3219

About VIIC/41...Can be a next project a Super Turm for VIIC/41?

Many thanks, Aces, for these great works!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 07:06 AM   #78
Fish In The Water
Prince of
the Sea

SUBSIM
Welcome
Committee

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Hi mate,

Yes I'm thinking on that idea will let you know soon.

I was planning on taking a short break, just want to get the new stuff working first.

Cheers

Aces
Very good, enjoy the break, (you certainly deserve it ), and I hope I can celebrate some good news soon!
Fish In The Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 09:05 AM   #79
BUKER
中国水兵

Downloads: 401

Hi Aces,
Perhaps these schemes are very useful.

Old 05-13-11, 09:20 AM   #80
Aces
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 211

Hi BUKER,

I've seen those thanks, and they are very useful.

Kind regards

Aces
Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 04:05 AM   #81
gar
Watch

Downloads: 827
Default Reply to small problem

Aces,
Thanks a lot, I found the problem! you put me in the right direction. It was a MOD for ejecting pilots. Everything is working right and your additions just keeps making this great game better. Please from a greatful gammer keep up the excelant work.- Garry
gar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 08:24 AM   #82
galvao
Swabbie

Downloads: 127

HI all......

first at alll want Thanks to all that help me to correction of errors.....

1- ACE... thanks, your work and help is very good to make this game better and better along the times, dont give up mate......THANKS ALOT MATE
Your moblist help me alot ....like all can see.
This my modlist at moment and work very good.....

GWX-4gb/pacth- Windows7 64X
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[F:\Games\Silent hunter 3\ubisoft\MODS]

LifeBoats&Debris_v4
GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010
FM30_UpDown_final
FM_NewInterior_V1.0
Conning Tower open Hatch TestFMfood
Depthcharge Shake v2.01
Urfischs_ModStrike_Beta1
Waterstream+Exhaust Combi V2.3 for GWX3
New Uboat Guns 1.2
Real Depth Charge
Searchlights_Removed
Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
Foam
WAC4.1 SubPen_animated_18.02.2010
Combat Radio Frequency
Pascal_Port_People
Rapt0r's Das Boot Interior
Rapt0r's Instruments V3.5 [Without Red Circle]
Fubar's Plain Uboat Skin Pack
Sobers 3D waves
TiefeMkI(German)
Rapt0r's Uniforms V2.0 [Black - All Leather] Patch
No Medals On Crew [Patch]
GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V6
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
TMTv2+ThomsensShips v4.4 for GWX3+Xtra ships
Ice Age
Q Ship mod GWX3.0
Current Depth
b25_ConningTower_Mid
Wooden_Lifeboats_Mod_1.1
Destroyers&Corvette
WAC4.1 16k Atmosphere
-63MBinSound
Materials file for Aces' multi-mod v1.3
DD_VisibleMines_V1.0
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbance_v4_0_SH3
TheDarkWraith_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_4_SH3
b25_Louder_Diesels_Louder
Aces' Multimod compatability fix release v1.3 public beta
Aces' Super Turms v5.1 GWX Version
MaGui 3.4
Widescreen MaGui v3.4
Aces'_Multimod_Fix_v1.3_Johann_add-on
Aces' Modified Headphones
Ricks_GWX_Rec_Man_Final
Aces' St.Nazaire Super Pens v5.1 GWX Version
Aces'_Super_Turms_v5.1_GWX_Bearded_Crew_on_Deck_Ad d_On
Aces' Radio Room Postcards
Aces' Type 9 c-1 Super Turm (Old Emblem Compats) 3x MG-34 version for GWX
Aces' MaGUI v3.4 add-on for Super Turms 5+ & Multimod compatability Fix v1.3

I put 4 diferents mods in my modlist, because can't find this for download.
SOF_Scope, Officer symbol, konrad krumms type 7c, Torpedo_HAHD_1024_GWX, Karle's_Crash_Dive_Mo, NA.

2- I use 22''display with 1920x1080 resolusion, and see that in game can use all of the display (maybe because of
Widescreen MaGui v3.4, that force 1360x768 resolusion), someone now any solution for that.......?

3- how can i get camara vision clean without interface icons , etc....

THANKS TO ALL IN ADVANCE..........KEEP GOOD WORK..

regards

galvao

Last edited by galvao; 05-14-11 at 09:59 AM.
galvao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 04:46 PM   #83
Aces
Ace of the Deep

Hi mate,

Glad to be of help, try Maik's archive FTP site at the top of the page I think he has the mods that you couldn't find.

I have a 23 inch and also run at 1920c1080 BUT the wisdscreen mod doesn't support this resolution so we'll have to hope that one day it does but until then I'm very happy with 1360x768 with MaGUI 3.4+widscreen add-on.

Sorry, don't understand about the camera?, if it's GUI-related then I think that you could have a word with Makman.

all the best

Aces
Old 05-17-11, 05:33 AM   #84
Haihappen
Watch

Downloads: 35
Default Pennants to the world!

@ Anvart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post
My computer is dead...
When i will get a new machine, i will make your dream come true... may be.
Hope you get a new machine soon, cuz my "modding"-efforts were not so lucky. Didn't find the file where the "in harbour"-distance is defined. Thought it was the st_nazaire.dat for St.Naz and so on for every single harbour. In there, near to the top of the file is a definition of a square by 200 meters. Could have been this entry - changed it to 2000 meters and hoped the best. But nothing. Had to get very near to my home pier inside the harbour before the pennants would show up - so it's just as it was before.

Come on, starij wolk - a proffish hand is needed here!

@ Aces
U69 just came home from its 4th Feindfahrt. So now's the time to mount the newest superturm onto my beloved boat. For the last Feindfahrt I decided to get me a 7c2-Turm, cuz in '42 there's lots of bees in the air. Wrong decision! Got well down an unexperienced Catalina, but some heavier bombers gave me hell staying surfaced - so I think more anti-aircraft power on the boat is relatively useless from now on. The next thing is that using a 7c2 I had to stare at that old "vanilla type" UZO, had no radio antenna to rise, no big emblem at the turm front and so on. So I'm about to take the c2-turm down again and get my old c1 back.

By the way: is the enclosed Turm Emblems Your Way mod still at v1 like it was in your public beta?

The only way to save my "Prestige-Reichsmark" would be if the Super Turms v5.1 did not only have the lightmaps for the 7c2 but also all those other fine things at the bridge. I need my cigarettes when at watch, and to have a helmet close at hand is not the worst thing too. And I need the hi-res UZO back! So: if there's no such things for the c2 (and I didn't read any about that, right?) - okay, let's spend some money...

Anyway: the Super Turms v4 (used that "included"-version together with your "public beta") were brilliant. Looking forward to get my crew on deck when leaving St.Naz with v5.1. And - you know - I'll take the dog with me...

Gruesse!

Last edited by Haihappen; 05-17-11 at 07:18 AM.
Haihappen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 07:48 AM   #85
Bakkels
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 101
Uploads: 6

Galvao, you can find Torpedo_HAHD_1024_GWX here:

http://www.u-boot-hahd.com/ubootwebsite/downloads-2

Bakkels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 08:07 AM   #86
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haihappen View Post
@ Anvart
the pennants would show up - so it's just as it was before.
This is a completely different independent work ... and don't has relation to "as it was before".
I don't know what you have in mind, but if you don't like use "as it was before".

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 05-17-11 at 09:17 AM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 08:54 AM   #87
Aces
Ace of the Deep

Hi chaps,

Just to make it perfectly clear, I haven't changed anything in Anvart's flags, pennants, DF antenna mod and this mod is required to be installed before my Super Turms mod if you require the features of Anvart's mod and they are great features IMO.

Now regarding the distance at which the pennants display in port, as the old saying goes "everything comes to he who waits". I've been too busy with lots and lots of things to investigate this and Anvart doesn't have a working computer ATM. If there is a away to do this, and Anvart indicated that it could be possible, then I'm sure that it'll come about sometime in the future.

Quote:

"The only way to save my "Prestige-Reichsmark" would be if the Super Turms v5.1 did not only have the lightmaps for the 7c2 but also all those other fine things at the bridge. I need my cigarettes when at watch, and to have a helmet close at hand is not the worst thing too. And I need the hi-res UZO back! So: if there's no such things for the c2 (and I didn't read any about that, right?) - okay, let's spend some money..."

End quote.

I am spending many hours a day, seven days a week modding all this stuff and I'm sure that various features will find their way into future mods as requested BUT please be aware that these things take time , it's not a five minute job and requires quite a few hours plus more hours testing and tweaking if neccessary then there's the documentaion and uploading, forum post etc. so please be patient and, to use the phrase again, "everything comes to he who waits". .

A friend quite resonably recently requested "could I produce a mod in a few spare minutes here and there when I have the time?" it doesn't work like that though, in order to see things through one can't keep down tools and go off on something else then pick it up days later and try and get one's train of thought back. Once one starts on something then it has to be carried through to conclussion and that means that it become "the" project until it is completed and released to the exclussion of virtually everything else. Also please be aware that I have a wife, a family and a full time job in addition to the modding stuff!.

When I produced the multi-skin bombers for BoB WoV 2.10 it took me about four months of pretty continuous work in every minute of my spare time and many evenings crawling into bed at three o'clock in the morning after spending an 8-10 hour session modding AFTER getting in from work. As well as all the many textures which I had to produce there was also the requirement to get my head around this game's own bizare scripting language from a cold start. When I worked on IL2-MAT Manager for IL-2 Sturmovik series there was again many graphics and supporting files to produce but also the need to start dabbling in Visual Basic coding and developing the program's "logic" and now there's learning how to do stuff in Maya and S3ditor for SH3 so, all in all, a lot of things to occupy my limited free time over recent years. It's not a case of simply saying "tonight I'm just going to spend an hour and produce this or that, yes, once in a while it does work like that and it's great when it does but so often it's a much longer slog, days, weeks maybe and often problems a plenty along the way so spare a though for the "agonies of the long distance modder" it's not as simple as is often thought!. I am not a professional graphics artist, I am not a professional 3d artist, I am not a professional programmer etc. but I muddle my way through in my own fashion.

Please do not read the above as a "rant", I thoroughly enjoy doing what I do, if I didn't then I wouldn't still be doing it after all these years, what I am trying to convey is that things take time to produce and I'm no expert, sometimes things take me many hours of work to produce and because of that and the hoops that my 52 Y.O brain has to go through along the way that and seeing folks enjoying using the mods, is what makes it rewarding and enjoyable. I have also been privileged to colaborate and exchange ideas with many very talented and dedicated "modders" over the years and that has also been very interesting and rewarding.

Kind regards to all

Aces

Last edited by Aces; 05-17-11 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-17-11, 10:02 AM   #88
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

Elloquently put Aces mate. As Aces asks, give him time and have patience me hearties. If I remember it was only a few days ago Leigh announced he was going to take a break, yet he's still hard at it and all for our benefits.

Don't despair me ol' mate we're all behind you on thisun.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 10:06 AM   #89
Aces
Ace of the Deep

Cheers mate,

You'll all know when I've exhausted my energies

I see from you avatar that you've gone all "crusty" m8 .

Cheers

Aces
Old 05-17-11, 10:08 AM   #90
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

Quote:
Cheers mate,

You'll all know when I've exhausted my energies

I see from you avatar that you've gone all "crusty" m8 .

Cheers

Aces
Indeed Captain, and in more ways than one

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote