SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-02-16, 08:38 PM   #1
Hecki Stafman
Seaman

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
Default Absolute SH Beginner without calculating?

Hi,

I'm sorry to bother you again. I think some of you will roll their eyes when they seeing me posting again.
I played the vanilla version of silent hunter 5 and get trouble with mission bar.
I asked, what I can do and some of you entrust me to download the Wolves of Steel megamod.
Ok, I did it. And now I get in trouble with that ultra realistic handling for anything I will do.

But I am not an ultra realistic player who can draw lines for an exact or nearby exact curse, or calculating the curse for my own without any help.
In the vanilla game I click on my boat, set the course and go on.
If there was enemy ships I went closer, take that vanilla automatic targeting (with the numbers in circles - 3on3, 2on2, 1on1) and fired the torpedos, when the number of my torpedo is exactly on the number of the enemy ship.

Now, if you think that silent hunter is not a game for me, you're right. But it is fascinating for me to dive and shot boats.
Maybe that I learn the realistic navigation and shooting later.
So, I just wanted to ask, if there is an option to play Silent Hunter 5 with the unrealistic handling like the vanilla version without that mission bar bug?

I have windows 8.1, so the MaMas-Fix wont help.
For the simpliest modding I need step-by-step guides.
It will be OK, if you have mods, where I can activate or deactivate the realistic handling.

Thanks for all, who could help me get a little fun on playing (unrealistic) SH5.
Hecki Stafman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-16, 03:59 AM   #2
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecki Stafman View Post
Hi,

I'm sorry to bother you again. I think some of you will roll their eyes when they seeing me posting again.
I played the vanilla version of silent hunter 5 and get trouble with mission bar.
I asked, what I can do and some of you entrust me to download the Wolves of Steel megamod.
Ok, I did it. And now I get in trouble with that ultra realistic handling for anything I will do.

But I am not an ultra realistic player who can draw lines for an exact or nearby exact curse, or calculating the curse for my own without any help.
In the vanilla game I click on my boat, set the course and go on.
If there was enemy ships I went closer, take that vanilla automatic targeting (with the numbers in circles - 3on3, 2on2, 1on1) and fired the torpedos, when the number of my torpedo is exactly on the number of the enemy ship.

Now, if you think that silent hunter is not a game for me, you're right. But it is fascinating for me to dive and shot boats.
Maybe that I learn the realistic navigation and shooting later.
So, I just wanted to ask, if there is an option to play Silent Hunter 5 with the unrealistic handling like the vanilla version without that mission bar bug?

I have windows 8.1, so the MaMas-Fix wont help.
For the simpliest modding I need step-by-step guides.
It will be OK, if you have mods, where I can activate or deactivate the realistic handling.

Thanks for all, who could help me get a little fun on playing (unrealistic) SH5.
yes u can .... disable real navigation then from game menu uncheck manual targeting, CO2, fuel, realistic torpedo loading time, dude torpedo, after u do this step u need to go to the option file viewer from TWoS and and also from them disable all realistic options....there is a bit of work how to do it ....
option file viewer is located in \SH5\MODS\The Wolves of Steel 1.04\data\Applications\OptionsFileEditorViewer
double click on the exe file and will ask for the language choose your language...after this click on the file menu and select from them path to SH5 menu text the menu text path is SH5\MODS\The Wolves of Steel 1.04\data\Menu after u did this step click again on the file menu and select path to SH5.exe the path for sh5.exe is where u have installed SH5.
after u selected the path to sh5.exe open click again on the file menu and select open now select TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py from SH5\data\Scripts\Menu.
and from there u can enable or disable what do u want but read all carefully what each option does to not mess is better to make a back up to TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py
now i am not home to put screen shot i am at work but soon as i go home i will show u with screen shot too.

EDIT:

or disable TWOS and u can make a small mod list like

Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1
#Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V9 by sober
FX_Update_0_0_22_ByTheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_22_Torpedoes (modified for torpedoes failure patches)
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith
Manos Scopes-patch for [your resolution]
IRAI_0_0_41_ByTheDarkWraith
Sjizzle's - MarineQuadrat Charts for NewUIs v. 0.00.2
OPEN HORIZONS II v2.5
OH II v2.5 Grid Request fix Patch SH5
OHII v2.5 - No Stupid Tonnage Bar_Free Style Campaign v0.1_NewUIs v7.5.0
Iron Crosses Disabled for No Tonnage Bar_Stock map_by Sober
MQK Gradient_IO
MQK LocationMaps_IO
MQK ShapeTextures_NO

enable the mods in this order is really important
with this mod list and the default TDW's setting u can play how u wish.....link for all mods can be found in here
u will need the TDW's generic patcher too

Last edited by Sjizzle; 01-03-16 at 04:12 AM.
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-16, 06:24 AM   #3
Hecki Stafman
Seaman

Well I really thank you for your help.
I think after looking or a few times I will get it

I mean, it is simple geometry, some logic and mathemathics But at my first time I saw this kind of videos I do understand nothing, and I am out of school for over 10 years

And for sure: i have to do some test-runs to get a feeling for that. Quasi a "d(r)iving-school" ;D

Last edited by Hecki Stafman; 01-03-16 at 06:34 AM.
Old 01-03-16, 06:45 AM   #4
NiceSub
Torpedoman

Downloads: 66

Quote:

I mean, it is simple geometry, some logic and mathemathics But at my first time I saw this kind of videos I do understand nothing, and I am out of school for over 10 years

And for sure: i have to do some test-runs to get a feeling for that. Quasi a "d(r)iving-school" ;D
Yes watch his tutorials. Probably you got them from this thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181538

I have moded my game for ultra realistic and di not play it until I watched all tutorials. After that I did some practice targeting to make targeting just a routine. After that I have just sailed on campain and so far so good. there are some issues and fails but exp will iron tohse out nothign special. I just save regulary so IF I mess up somethign I can return.
So its up to you. I am to a kind of beginner and I did it this way. First theory then hunting. I could not wait to find my first target in capain to show him my aiming skills hahaha that was my bigest frustration.
NiceSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-16, 07:44 AM   #5
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:

there are also in game manual tdc tutorials u can start them from the main menuhow to use the TDW's automation script for the tutorials watch this
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-16, 12:05 PM   #6
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Hecki
My advice is quite simple as you cannot run before you can walk and the difficulty settings is not set up for the novice player in TWOS.
Start a new campaign and select 'Low' as your realism setting. If you then look at the game play settings you will see what settings 'Low' refers too. You can change any of the settings and then make a game save so that they are kept.

This tutorial will be helpful to you as it will show you how to take on targets further than the 1-2-3 circles.
Post #146 Auto TDC Targeting Without Using 3 Circles

Use TDW's Option File Editor Viewer Nav and TAI map options to further help your gaming enjoyment.
Disable the mods first before making changes.

When you feel a little built up some skill levels you might like to have a look at this.
Post #35 Beginners Guide To Manual Targeting
This also may help you with an easier step using real navigation when you feel like its time to progress to a higher level.
Post #162 An Easy Way Into Real Navigation

The worst thing is to get disillusioned because everything seems to be going over your head and you do not understand how to over come it.
Experienced guys like myself, Sjizzle, and others can usually show how to get around these so called obstacles and come up with game play that you can work with.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-16, 08:47 PM   #7
Hecki Stafman
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi Hecki
My advice is quite simple as you cannot run before you can walk and the difficulty settings is not set up for the novice player in TWOS.
That is the point.
If I can't drive a car it is really useless to tune the car with a better motor, better handling, and some other stuff.
First of all I need the basics.
If I have that I can go to the next step and install mods one by one to get a handling/feeling for it.
All the mod stuff will come later
Old 01-04-16, 04:21 AM   #8
Hecki Stafman
Seaman

Update: I dealing precisely with the generatic mod enabler and generic patcher.
Now I found the way to play
Thanks a lot for every help.
Old 01-08-16, 12:57 PM   #9
Hecki Stafman
Seaman

Ok.
Made my first shots with calculating, but Torpedo missed abaout 4-6 meters
Which mod can I use, that the numbers of angles will be shown better?
Now, the angle numbers are inside my boat that I can't see them correctly :/