Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-18-20, 10:42 AM   #436
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
Partially correct. Only those not showing any symptoms with inner cabins without windows are allowed to leave for 1 hour per day. All others are confined to their cabins 24 hours a day and are not allowed to leave. Originally, all passengers not showing symptoms were allowed to go top deck for 15 minutes per day, but I believe they stopped allowing this some time ago.

Regardless of most passengers being confined to their cabins 24 hours a day, the virus is still spreading like crazy. Extremely infectious indeed. I'd say there's a good chance that it's airborne and traveling through the ventilation system .
We love your reporting Traveller you go to a lot of trouble to prove your point.

You are better than main stream news media with hardly any updates.

I think this Diamond Princess cruise ship is a good case study for all doctors and medical staff that study the problem.

Surely it was passed on by a crew person that had no signs of the virus. How did the passengers eat everyday?

They were fed at their doors and then the trays were put outside that alone would pass on something.

Very strange about this problem exploding on a cruise ship, but not in the military areas of the USA where the quarantine passengers are being held.

I've had the flu for two weeks now and it feels horrible no way am I going to go see if it is the one from China that would be impossible.

My religion says not to worry, but it sure is bothersome.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 12:24 PM   #437
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

two weeks? most people feel better WITHIN one to two weeks. thank your god for doctors and go see one.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 12:35 PM   #438
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

So we accuse China for not telling the truth and the whole truth.

Well even our own elected politicians and our authorities are not exactly telling us the truth.

A few days back some politicians or was it some authority from our national health care system, who said

If this virus should hit us, we will be prepared and we have the resources to handle it.

Our hospital here in Denmark and in Sweden are under extreme pressure due to this seasons flu.

Our health care system have been under massive pressure the last 5-10 years due to cuts.

So our health care in Denmark and in Sweden, would most likely collapse.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 02:15 PM   #439
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

welp the U.S. has gone from 16 confirmed cases to 29. Three recoveries, no deaths. c'mon spring!

Old 02-18-20, 03:01 PM   #440
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
A British couple who have been on a quarantined cruise ship in Japan have tested positive for coronavirus, their son has told the BBC.

Sally and David Abel, from Northamptonshire, are among 74 British nationals on the Diamond Princess, which was quarantined on 3 February.

The Foreign Office said it was "working to organise a flight back to the UK" for British nationals.

An evacuation is expected to take place within the next two to three days.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51541352
This couple have almost achieved celebrity status in recent weeks here in the UJ as a result of their regular interviews.

Fat lot of good it has done for them unfortunately.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 03:56 PM   #441
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

From the CDC

How efficiently does the virus spread?

How easily a virus spreads from person-to-person can vary. Some viruses are highly contagious (like measles), while other viruses are less so. Another factor is whether the spread continues over multiple generations of people (if spread is sustained). The virus that causes COVID-19 seems to be spreading easily and sustainably in Hubei province and other parts of China. In the United States, spread from person-to-person has occurred only among a few close contacts and has not spread any further to date.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-18-20 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-18-20, 06:25 PM   #442
Traveller
Captain

Downloads: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
From the CDC

In the United States, spread from person-to-person has occurred only among a few close contacts and has not spread any further to date.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 06:42 PM   #443
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Updated February 17, 2020

CDC is closely monitoring an outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a novel (new) coronavirus. The outbreak first started in Wuhan, China, but cases have been identified in a growing number of other international locations, including the United States. This page will be updated regularly on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

Persons Under Investigation (PUI) in the United States*†‡

Positive 15
Negative 392
Pending§
Total 467

*Cumulative since January 21, 2020.
† Numbers closed out at 4 p.m. the day before reporting.
§Includes specimens received and awaiting testing, as well as specimens en route to CDC.
‡Does not include PUIs in the US that were evacuated from the Diamond Princess cruise ship, including presumptive-positive cases.

Old 02-18-20, 06:54 PM   #444
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Update on the epidemic situation of new coronavirus pneumonia as of 24:00 on February 17

Posted: 2020-02-18 Source: Health Emergency Office

Information comes from the official website of the National Health and Health Commission People's Republic of China
http://www.nhc.gov.cn/xcs/yqtb/20200...133cf4b7.shtml
Translated by Google Translate

At 04:00 on February 17, 31 provinces (autonomous regions, municipalities) and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps reported 1886 new confirmed cases, 1097 new severe cases, and 98 new deaths (93 in Hubei, and 3 in Henan). Cases, one in Hebei and one in Hunan), with 1432 new suspected cases.

On the same day, 1701 new cases were cured and discharged, and 27908 close contacts were lifted from medical observation.

As of 24:00 on February 17, according to reports from 31 provinces (autonomous regions, municipalities) and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps, there were 58016 confirmed cases (including 11,741 severe cases), and a total of 12,552 discharged cases (7 cases increased by Beijing Nuclear Power). ), A total of 1,868 deaths, 72,436 confirmed cases (2 cases of Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps nuclear increase), and 6,242 suspected cases. A total of 560,901 close contacts were tracked, and 141,552 close contacts were still in medical observation.

1807 newly confirmed cases in Hubei (1600 in Wuhan), 1223 newly cured cases (761 in Wuhan), 93 new deaths (72 in Wuhan), and 50338 confirmed cases (37152 in Wuhan), Among them, there were 10,970 severe cases (9,222 in Wuhan). A total of 7,862 discharged patients (4,219 in Wuhan) were cured, 1,789 died (1,381 in Wuhan), and 59,989 confirmed cases (42,752 in Wuhan). There were 788 new suspected cases (340 in Wuhan) and 4194 suspected cases (1799 in Wuhan).

A total of 92 confirmed cases were reported from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan: 60 cases in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (2 cases discharged, 1 death), 10 cases in Macau Special Administrative Region (5 cases discharged), 22 cases in Taiwan (2 cases discharged, 1 case died) ).

Old 02-18-20, 07:04 PM   #445
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Globally 73 332 confirmed (1901 new)

China
72 528 confirmed (1891new) 1870 deaths (98 new)

Outside of China 804 confirmed (10 new) 25 countries 3 deaths

WHO RISK ASSESSMENT

China Very High
Regional Level High
Global Level High

Old 02-18-20, 07:12 PM   #446
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

From the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/curren...irus-situation

The risk associated with SARS-CoV-2 infection for people from the EU/EEA and UK is currently considered to be low.
This assessment is based on the following factors:
  • Since all cases reported in the EU/EEA have clearly established epidemiological links, the probability of transmission in the EU/EEA and the UK is considered to be very low.
  • However, the impact of one or more infections resulting in sustained transmission in the EU/EEA would be moderate to high, especially for elderly populations with comorbidities, given that the reported case severity is high among these groups.

The risk for people from the EU/EEA and UK travelling/resident in areas with presumed community transmission is currently high.
This assessment is based on the following factors:
  • The probability of infection for those travelling/resident in areas where ongoing sustained community transmission is considered moderate to high. The overall number of reported cases in areas with community transmission is high or increasing sharply. However, there are significant uncertainties regarding transmissibility and under-detection, particularly among mild or asymptomatic cases.
  • For travellers/residents, the impact of one or more infections is considered high, especially for elderly populations with comorbidities, given that the reported case severity is high among these groups. The impact will also depend on the capacity and availability of healthcare during the epidemic.

Old 02-18-20, 07:17 PM   #447
Traveller
Captain

I ran across this message posted by someone on another site today. No way to verify it, but I'm sure the truth will come out sooner or later. My guess is that US officials are going to soon start slowly announcing increasing numbers of those infected little by little so as to not create panic, like they are doing in China, Japan, and elsewhere.

Does anyone actually believe that there have been zero new confirmed cases in US for the past 3 weeks? Lol. I have no doubt that New York City will be one of the first major hotbeds for the virus.

Quote:
Just minutes ago, Westchester County, New York released information that 26 people in their area may have coronavirus.

Last edited by Traveller; 02-18-20 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-18-20, 07:26 PM   #448
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
I ran across this message posted by someone on another site today. No way to verify it, but I'm sure the truth will come out sooner or later.

Quite possible according to U.S. CDC 17 February report there are 60 investigations pending.

(§Includes specimens received and awaiting testing, as well as specimens en route to CDC.)

Old 02-18-20, 07:49 PM   #449
Traveller
Captain

7 more confirmed infected in Japan.
Quote:
Three men in Tokyo are among the new cases. Two of them are in serious condition.

Three other infections were reported in the western prefecture of Wakayama. Most of the cases there have some link to a local hospital. The youngest of the new cases is the son of an infected doctor.

And a man in Aichi Prefecture, central Japan, has also tested positive.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www3.nh...18_52/amp.html

Last edited by Traveller; 02-18-20 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-18-20, 07:53 PM   #450
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Troll Watch: Misinformation Around The Coronavirus

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/15/80636...he-coronavirus

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan