SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Who willbe the next President of the United States?
Harris 24 57.14%
Trump 16 38.10%
A third party candidate 1 2.38%
Someone else 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-24, 05:12 PM   #1
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 541
Uploads: 224

date 2024 US Presidential election poll

Now that things have settled down a bit, who do you think will win? Not who you want to win (although those are usually the same), but who do you think will come out of all the hit ads, October surprises, and sketchy balloting maneuvers with the "win" in Nov?
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-24, 11:39 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

....the poll is currently in a dead heat. Picking 'Minnesota Nice' leftest Wolz over Pennsylvania's Governor Shapiro has caused pro-Palistinians around 'Merika to declare victory of sorts over the Jewish Mr. Shapiro...even though Wolz is generally equally supportive of Israel. My own guess is: Kamela is mindful of Minnesotan Vice Presidents under Texan Lyndon B. Johnson (Hubert Humphrey) and Georgian Jimmy Carter(Walter 'Fritz' Mondale)'s respective contributions to the Democratic ticket and hopes the 'third time will be the charm' on her ticket too.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-24, 07:20 PM   #3
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Kamela is mindful
Haha! Since taking shenanigans into account was mentioned I chose the leftist media darlings in this poll, but I'm voting IRL for the guy they're shooting at.
Old 08-07-24, 08:38 PM   #4
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

I got to go with Trump
Old 08-07-24, 08:53 PM   #5
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

I'm like em2nought. I picked Harris because with the MSM and the Justice Department behind her she can't lose, they will coverup any shenanigans that are pulled, and do a better job of it this time, and Trump will lose again I'm afraid.

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-24, 11:30 PM   #6
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Did I get this right: the election will only have been a fair one if Trump wins?
Ostfriese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-24, 04:18 AM   #7
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostfriese View Post
Did I get this right: the election will only have been a fair one if Trump wins?
That's the problem both sides going to be finger pointing and people going to be protesting it's a two ring circus been that way since 2012
Old 08-08-24, 06:37 AM   #8
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 541
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW3 View Post
I'm like em2nought. I picked Harris because with the MSM and the Justice Department behind her she can't lose, they will coverup any shenanigans that are pulled, and do a better job of it this time, and Trump will lose again I'm afraid.
That's a very real possibility.
Old 08-08-24, 04:25 PM   #9
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

For sure mules won't be carrying their cell phones this time when they drop off boxes of ballots.
Old 08-08-24, 07:48 PM   #10
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

the curious thing about the polls thus far...

The DEM candidate drops out and Trump gets no real boost in the polls;

The DEMs put Harris up as their candidate and Trump gets no real boost in the polls;

The DEMs have a candidate who is the first woman to run for POTUS who is also non-white and Trump gets no real boost in the polls;

Trump gets shot at and the expected 'sympathy bump' fails to appear and Trump gets no real boost in the polls;

The Trump campaign goes full court press of the DEMs and Harris and the most recent polls are showing not only is Trump not gaining at all among voters, he's actually losing ground when compared to his numbers versus Biden...

Seems like no matter what Trump, his minions, and his GOP lemmings do, they can't budge that needle...

All in all, not a ringing situation for Trump...

Kind of makes you wonder what will happen if there is an "October Surprise" forthcoming...

Oh, and there also remains to be seen the effect of Trump's upcoming hush money sentencing in September on the polls; and remember, the crimes Trump committed were before he was elected and are not covered by Presidential immunity, even under the SCOTUS ruling...

<O>
Old 08-09-24, 06:29 AM   #11
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Are those the 34 felonies you're referring to?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-24, 06:43 AM   #12
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

It will be close, but at this point, I would give Trump a 60/40 chance of winning.

Let’s face it, at this point, pretty much every registered voter in the USA already knows who they will vote for. If 34 felony criminal convictions failed to move the needle at all, I don’t see what will.
Old 08-09-24, 06:55 AM   #13
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Oh, and there also remains to be seen the effect of Trump's upcoming hush money sentencing in September on the polls; and remember, the crimes Trump committed were before he was elected and are not covered by Presidential immunity, even under the SCOTUS ruling...

<O>
I got the impression that a candidate's verdict is being postponed after the election or after his term if he wins.

I could be wrong, however I seem to recall having read this among all the stuff I have read on the subject-Can a felony be President ?

On these 34 felonies BBC write following

Quote:
It is possible, though highly unlikely, that Trump will serve time behind bars.
The 34 charges he faced are all class E felonies in New York, the lowest tier in the state. Each charge carries a maximum sentence of four years.
As noted above, there are several reasons why Justice Merchan could choose a lesser punishment, including Trump’s age, his lack of previous convictions, and the fact that the charges involve a non-violent crime.
He could consider Trump's violations of the court’s gag orders during the trial.
It is also possible that the judge would weigh the unprecedented nature of the case, perhaps choosing to avoid putting a former president and current candidate behind bars.
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/crgg4kv0682o

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-24, 01:36 PM   #14
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Another election if Trump loses it will be Trump beating Trump, but I think he wins. I just think in the end people know who Harris is and how far left she will go, especially with Walz, no matter how they try to remarket her. People just don't want another 10 million illegals and giving them free everything when people are suffering so bad under inflation. Tis crazy, Trump leads her by double digits on the top issues that matter to people, yet Harris now leads in national polls.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-24, 02:27 PM   #15
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Are those the 34 felonies you're referring to?

Yes, indeed; when he is sentenced, he will then be a full-fledged convicted felon and his wriggle room essentially becomes a straitjacket; he will most certainly appeal the convictions, but he or his lawyers can't argue the evidence since that has already been established by the jury's decision; he ca try to seek a new trial by arguing prosecutorial or judicial misconduct but if he didn't bring that issue up in the course of the trial (which he didn't) , that's a bit of a long shot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I got the impression that a candidate's verdict is being postponed after the election or after his term if he wins.

I could be wrong, however I seem to recall having read this among all the stuff I have read on the subject-Can a felony be President ?

On these 34 felonies BBC write following

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/crgg4kv0682o

Markus

The verdict was postponed due to the lower court waiting on the decision of SCOTUS on Trump's immunity claims; given the nature and substance of the SCOTUS decision, Trump's claims of immunity are moot since the crimes he committed were when Trump was still just a private citizen and, therefore Presidential immunity simply does not apply; once the SCOTUS decision came down, the case was returned to the trial Judge who has decided to impose sentences on September 18; it will be indeed interesting to see the possibility/probability of Trump having a major meltdown...

It is my understanding a defendant in a criminal case must be present during their sentencing; if so, Trump is facing a rather uncomfortable photo op; and media networks and outlets, of all stripes, are arguing for the 'right' to broadcast the proceedings live; remember, once a defendant is sentenced, the now criminal must go through a series of processes immediately afterwards akin to being booked all over again; don't think the GOP is looking forward to that spectacle...

<O>