SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-18-10, 01:40 PM   #4636
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaKA001 View Post
People who may have had a similar problem with this mod (in this thread looking for is not found). Downloaded the latest version NewUIs TDC 4.6.0 and patch it all installed according to instructions, but got out a few stocks:
1. Management interface speed and depth of the boat and the compass does not respond, it displays the current depth and speed of everything is stable for nolyam. Clicking on the icon does nothing.
2. Do not see how much speed up the time a button - there is, and between them void.
3. Start button is not active torpedo works only duplicate from the interface torpedoman.
If anyone knows what the problem, or trouble, please help, because the mod is really great, and after playing it in stock deficiencies, no desire is not there ...

In the original game, no mods, everything works fine, and if the rollback NEW TDC also everything in place to become. I do not understand what was happening, the other modes work fine, but the problem with this. Tried to put the English version, without a patch, anyway.
And cannot even noticed when loading saves often are not active officers will have to restart.
your PageDefaultHud.py file is corrupt. Send me the following files for review (with all your MODS enabled as they were when you took the problem screenshots):

\data\Scripts\Menu:
- Page Default Hud.py
- Page layout.py
- Page navigation map.py
- TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py

\data\Menu\Pages:
- Page Default Hud.ini
- Page layout.ini
- Page navigation map.ini
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-10, 05:56 PM   #4637
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
just finishing up the options migrater.
Works like a charm... why didn't this brilliant idea come to mind about 20 versions back?

Jk, great work once again TDW.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-10, 06:05 PM   #4638
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
Works like a charm... why didn't this brilliant idea come to mind about 20 versions back?
it did but didn't have time to sit down and really think about how to make it correctly. Once I finally sat down and documented what I wanted to do, what was involved...basically devised a program 'plan' then I implemented said plan. Worked like a charm for me also.
To sit down and just throw code together makes for disaster. When you carefully plan it it works right the first time (hint hint Ubi)

In case anyone is wondering, the two applications included were made using Visual Studio 2008. Programming language used was C#.

Not too familiar with Visual Studio 2010 but I'm fiddling with it more and more every day. The .NET framework v4.0 introduces some neat items

I see you found the options migrater app intuitively easy to use? What about the ShipsJournalEditor app? I updated that with a help file and tooltips to make it easier to use.
Old 10-18-10, 06:12 PM   #4639
DavyJonesFootlocker
The Old Man

Downloads: 138

Can some one explain how this works?
A proud member of the Wikipedia Haters Club
DavyJonesFootlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-10, 06:13 PM   #4640
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyJonesFootlocker View Post
Can some one explain how this works?
can you be more specific? How what works?
Old 10-18-10, 06:16 PM   #4641
DavyJonesFootlocker
The Old Man

The Journal.
Old 10-18-10, 06:21 PM   #4642
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
it did but didn't have time to sit down and really think about how to make it correctly. Once I finally sat down and documented what I wanted to do, what was involved...basically devised a program 'plan' then I implemented said plan. Worked like a charm for me also.
To sit down and just throw code together makes for disaster. When you carefully plan it it works right the first time (hint hint Ubi)
From being a user of your mod since its early release I've always liked how you've taken it in steps and implemented everything gradually. Has pretty much kept this mod always running smoothly for me with the few bugs being fixed quickly as your work continuously moved forward.

Quote:
I see you found the options migrater app intuitively easy to use? What about the ShipsJournalEditor app? I updated that with a help file and tooltips to make it easier to use.
Yessir, as soon as I looked under the File tab and saw the 'Open old options file' all the steps needed to continue was easy enough to follow along. I haven't tried the ShipsJournalEditor yet but will give that a go here shortly.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-10, 06:21 PM   #4643
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
The Journal.
The journal is:
- everything that is output to your messagebox in game everyday
- items not shown in your messagebox in game everyday
- additions/notes/entries added by user per day

Basically it's a running log of everything that has happened during your career or whatever you want to use it for (items shown/not shown in the messagebox in game). It's a living journal. You can add notes to it, you can edit entries, you can delete entries....it's your journal. Think of it as a diary of your career if that helps to solidify what it's for.

I hope to expand it to be able to:
- include pictures
- include ship's sunk/damaged
- ??
Old 10-18-10, 06:27 PM   #4644
DavyJonesFootlocker
The Old Man

OK I tried it but is there somewhere the entries are saved?
Old 10-18-10, 06:32 PM   #4645
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
OK I tried it but is there somewhere the entries are saved?
The files are saved in \Silent Hunter 5\Logs.

They aren't readily viewable with notepad or anything so you either view them in game (Ship's Journal) or use the included ShipsJournalEditor app (which you can get to by clicking on your ship's journal name under the opening screen Ship's Journal).

Either of the two methods listed will allow you to edit/add/delete entries and open/save the changes made in your journal (the in-game Ship's journal editor allows you to import another journal into yours)
Old 10-18-10, 06:59 PM   #4646
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
From being a user of your mod since its early release I've always liked how you've taken it in steps and implemented everything gradually. Has pretty much kept this mod always running smoothly for me with the few bugs being fixed quickly as your work continuously moved forward.
and will continue to move forward....now with it being easier for you all to update your options file

I'm a self taught programmer. Been programming since I was 8. Can program in many languages including assembly (computers, micro-controllers, embedded systems, PLCs, etc.). Dad taught me the incremental program style and that is how I do it to this day. That is why you see me release so many versions. Each version usually targets one specific idea or implementation. This makes it easy to track down bugs/errors and implement the required fixes for them.

Any ideas as to how to improve this mod even more?

I'm working on something better than the pencil marks that the game only allows you to display on the maps currently. Automation will be getting some updates here soon also
Old 10-18-10, 07:08 PM   #4647
DavyJonesFootlocker
The Old Man

I got an error message about cannot find ShipJournal folder.
Old 10-18-10, 07:14 PM   #4648
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I got an error message about cannot find ShipJournal folder.
interesting....are you using the latest version of the mod (v4.7.0)?

All the apps are located in \Silent Hunter 5\data\Applications\

see if that folder exists with the mod enabled

All the journals are stored in \Silent Hunter 5\Logs

If you've never made a journal then that's why you're getting the error message. Select Ship's Journal from the opening game menu which will cause the game to create the required folder.
Old 10-18-10, 07:25 PM   #4649
DavyJonesFootlocker
The Old Man

Yes using the latest version and I found the app and the log folder but when I press the name of the journal in-game it takes me back to desktop with a message that says cannot find folder.

Last edited by DavyJonesFootlocker; 10-18-10 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-18-10, 08:07 PM   #4650
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Yes using the latest version and I found the app and the log folder but when I press the name of the journal in-game it takes me back to desktop with a message that says cannot find folder.
did you install the game via steam or from DVD?

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui