SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-15-10, 03:10 AM   #3076
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHub532 View Post
With 3.0.1 I have contracted a disease. I now have "Funky Dial Syndrome", check out my tube selector dial.
What's wrong with it? It looks like the right one for salvo shooting.
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 04:47 AM   #3077
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672
Uploads: 0

What can you say !!

Updates are thick n fast, always better than the last

Cheers

Def

Bye

Def
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 05:31 AM   #3078
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Hiya's,

When at a periscope (think it maybe either one)

If i goto WO to alter the set of firing commands via the icons, it seems if i try to alter the deckgun firing routine, then goto alter the flaskgun firing routine i get an overlay of both icon strip commands (hope that makes sense)

Litterally put 3.01 in with no .py alterations if that helps

Was a saved session though so maybe it's this ??

Cheers

Def

edit: will try out of port later, gotta get gone now lol

Bye

Def
Old 06-15-10, 10:17 AM   #3079
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
v3.0.1 released. This is a bugfix version for v3.0.0. See post #1 for details.

- changed the way contact selected is being determined. It was using a polled system now it's using an event driven system
- changed how follow target was being enabled/disabled
Eeee... what does it mean?

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 11:05 AM   #3080
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
Hiya's,

If i goto WO to alter the set of firing commands via the icons, it seems if i try to alter the deckgun firing routine, then goto alter the flaskgun firing routine i get an overlay of both icon strip commands (hope that makes sense)

Litterally put 3.01 in with no .py alterations if that helps

Was a saved session though so maybe it's this ??
saved session doesn't matter. I'll give it a look and see what I did to possibly introduce a bug into this
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 12:04 PM   #3081
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
saved session doesn't matter. I'll give it a look and see what I did to possibly introduce a bug into this
yep, it is broken !

... it simply wont remove handling icons of AA or deck gun if aa or deck gun handling is selected and one of this menue groups was selected before

they are overblending each other then, the before selected menu group is still showing, instead of blended out.

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 02:47 PM   #3082
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
Hiya's,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
yep, it is broken !

... it simply wont remove handling icons of AA or deck gun if aa or deck gun handling is selected and one of this menue groups was selected before

they are overblending each other then, the before selected menu group is still showing, instead of blended out.
found the reason why this is happening and it's my error. I set an override so I can check everything that needs to be updated every cycle. This override prevents the order bars and order categories from being reset. Well I forgot to clear the override when I was done checking everything. This results in overlapping order bars. I've fixed the problem and will be issuing a bug fix for it soon.
I also discovered another bug. At game start I'm automatically asking for battery recharge when the batteries are already fully charged. I've fixed this bug also. The fix will be included in the bug fix I'll be releasing soon.
Old 06-15-10, 03:52 PM   #3083
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Woohoo nice work

Def

Bye

Def
Old 06-15-10, 04:23 PM   #3084
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

for those of you using v3.0.1 here is a bugfix for the overlapping orders bars and automatic recharge of batteries whether they're recharged or not bugs:

http://www.filefront.com/16761461/Ne...-1-bugfix1.7z/

Unzip straight to MODS folder and enable after v3.0.1 of UIs mod. Say yes to all JSGME errors.

If you would rather use a complete new version then v3.0.2 has been released and you can find it at post #1 of this thread.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 06-15-10 at 04:59 PM.
Old 06-15-10, 05:08 PM   #3085
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Thanks man !

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 06:27 PM   #3086
Defiance
Grey Wolf

I dunno, i leave my boat in the safe hands of the xo to grab some fresh java, and dangnabit a fresh update

Ya know, one day i might finish this mission i'm on lol

Cheers Again

Def

Bye

Def
Old 06-15-10, 08:46 PM   #3087
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

So far it looks pretty positive that I have a solution for the speed and AOB being reset when you use the stadimeter. Still testing but preliminary results look very positive
Old 06-16-10, 12:59 AM   #3088
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Reaper7 unknowlingly provided me the missing link I've been searching for for maintaining speed and AOB when using the stadimeter with his work on trying to implement another way to do the stadimeter
You'll notice in the screenshots below that the speed and AOB dials have a red button attached to them. This red button 'sets' the speed or AOB in the TDC so that when you use the stadimeter it doesn't reset them to zero . The whole thing is funky in how it works - Ubi really screwed everything up here.
So let's say you have a target locked. You determine it's AOB and set the AOB dial to what you calculated. Now you have to also press the AOB's red button to 'set' it into the TDC. Now you determine the target's speed and input that into the speed dial. Now you have to press the speed dial's red button to 'set' it into the TDC. Now you want to take a range reading. You click on stadimeter and determine the target's range. Now here's where things get funky - the values you 'set' are not reset to 0 - they persist BUT the AOB target value has been reset (Ubi bug ). What this means is if you mouse into the AOB dial then you will have to 'reset' the AOB to the correct value and press it's red button again to 'set' it (this is if manual input mode is enabled - if it's not enabled then mousing into the AOB dial will do nothing). Anytime you take a range reading it resets the AOB target value (this is a different value from the AOB dial's value).
Now I know someone is going to ask "Why can't it be automated?" Well the answer to that lies in the fact that I can't raise the button's click events (have tried) and I can't make the OnClick event handler fire for them either. If I could get one of them to work then there would be no need for the red buttons. Also, if I could find a way to set the TGT dials values then there would be no need for the red buttons. Once a way is found how to set dial's values (CrtVal, NewVal, etc.) it will open up a whole other level of modding SH5.
I'll write more about it and how it works tomorrow. I'm tired and wasn't going to bed until I figured this out

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 06-16-10 at 01:42 AM.
Old 06-16-10, 06:04 AM   #3089
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Reaper7 unknowlingly provided me the missing link I've been searching for for maintaining speed and AOB when using the stadimeter with his work on trying to implement another way to do the stadimeter
You'll notice in the screenshots below that the speed and AOB dials have a red button attached to them. This red button 'sets' the speed or AOB in the TDC so that when you use the stadimeter it doesn't reset them to zero .
This is great news. I do have a couple requests along this topic. Could you put a Stadimeter button and Set Range button on the Range Dial to save time opening/closing XO dialog to access it.
IMO, that entire XO dialog to Identify a Target and set a firing solution is total BS. The XO Icon should be with the rest of the Officer Icons, not drifting around getting in the way. The only thing it is good for is if used for a example of how to get Crew Commands by Dialog into the Officers Icon Menu Bar.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 07:47 AM   #3090
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
This is great news. I do have a couple requests along this topic. Could you put a Stadimeter button and Set Range button on the Range Dial to save time opening/closing XO dialog to access it.
IMO, that entire XO dialog to Identify a Target and set a firing solution is total BS. The XO Icon should be with the rest of the Officer Icons, not drifting around getting in the way. The only thing it is good for is if used for a example of how to get Crew Commands by Dialog into the Officers Icon Menu Bar.
I was going to put the stadimeter button from the SH4 style dial thingy onto the range dial like I did with the red buttons just haven't done it yet. I'll do it now. What is the set range button that you speak of?

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui