Closed Thread

Old 12-04-20, 03:44 PM   #11611
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidman View Post
And the same stupid propaganda lies again. You won't believe me, I know, but maybe you believe the international news organization:

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN26S2EE

Sorry Charlie, I didn't say that he was a grand wizard, I said he was a leader. I don't remember what his stupid klan title was but it was a leadership position. Prove me wrong. Not that it should matter given that he was a member of the KLU KLUX KLAN! That's not enough?

BTW what you just did skidman is a common democrat media tactic, and a pretty rotten one at that. You seize on some inaccurate minor detail and use it to reject an entire otherwise quite valid argument. Except this time you played the game without actually reading what I posted and are now hung on your own petard.

Shame on you and shame on Joe Biden for Eulogizing him.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 12-04-20, 04:07 PM   #11612
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Obama, right. Can't have a black president and of course Trump had nothing to do with that and the birther BS.

"Former President Barack Obama thinks more black men voted for President Donald Trump this year because they’re “susceptible” to a “macho style” candidate." Kind of a put down to black men? You tell me.

Trump is not apologist that Obama is. America first for Trump. Obama, I'm not sure what he wanted first. For me it was 8 years of figuring it out on the fly, lay low and don't rock the boat.

Birther BS ranks right up there with Trump needs to show his taxes.

IMPEACH 45! Year after year of aggressively going after Trump. Now Biden want to heal and come together. Is he serious or delusional? Seriously delusional.
Old 12-04-20, 04:25 PM   #11613
August
Wayfaring Stranger

If Biden does get into the Oval Office he won't be there long. He's already making half jokes about inventing a fake illness and resigning if he gets into a policy disagreement with his Veep.

Old 12-04-20, 04:44 PM   #11614
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Sorry Charlie, I didn't say that he was a grand wizard, I said he was a leader. [...] Not that it should matter given that he was a member of the KLU KLUX KLAN! That's not enough?
The name is skidman. Don't start the name calling again. Byrd has repeatedly distanced himself from his Klan activity:

"I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized for a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."

Not good enough for you? Well I bet it would be good enough had Trump Eulogized him.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)

Last edited by skidman; 12-04-20 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-04-20, 05:14 PM   #11615
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
[...] I'm ready to admit Trump lost, but only when it happens
You mean only when Trump admits it? He never will

https://apnews.com/article/barr-no-w...1a9061a6c7f49d

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 12-04-20, 05:25 PM   #11616
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidman View Post
Not good enough for you?

No it's not and wouldn't be if he were a repub either.

Quote:
Well I believe it would be good enough had Trump Eulogized him.

Believe what you want. I don't think the image of life long racists like Byrd can be magically rehabilitated just because one of his acolytes is running for high office.

Old 12-05-20, 02:35 AM   #11617
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

I'll just repeat what I said to you six months back when you last brought up that photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Quote him all you want, he left the KKK in 1952. Want to criticize him? Find something from after that.

Here, have some straws, you're running low
Old 12-06-20, 10:26 AM   #11618
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
There's No Stopping America's Political Realignment

Josh Hammer , Newsweek opinion editor
On 12/4/20 at 8:00 AM EST

With a month in the rearview mirror since November's presidential election, we now have sufficient perspective to offer some broad conclusions about the state and nature of our politics.
This election confirmed and crystallized many already-ascendant political trends. Partisans of multiculturalism and the Orwellian "anti-racism" movement suggest an America increasingly balkanized along racial lines, but the emerging reality is quite a bit different. President Donald Trump, despite the Left's four-year effort to tar him as a uniquely menacing bigot, made substantial inroads among both young Black men and Hispanics. On the other hand, donor-class elites—Wall Street, Silicon Valley and corporate America writ large—broke overwhelmingly for the Democratic challenger, Joe Biden.
To those who, Rip Van Winkle-like, may have been asleep for the past 20 years, this may come as a bit of a surprise. And for those octogenarians who grew up in the New Deal era, the bemusement may be even more stark. Long, long gone are the days where the Democratic Party was the political vehicle for the downtrodden, oppressed "little guy" and the Republican Party the vehicle for conniving, Mr. Burns-esque plutocrats.
The reality is something roughly resembling the precise opposite. Today, it is the Democratic Party that disproportionately comprises and represents the college-educated elite—purveyors of the addlebrained "woke" catechism, dispensers of redistributionist noblesse oblige. And it is the Republican Party that disproportionately comprises and represents a multiethnic, non-college-educated working class—the Rust Belt and Sun Belt "deplorables" of Hillary Clinton's ire who, pace Barack Obama, still cling to their guns and their religion. Though it is true that exit polling data suggest Blacks and Hispanics did not quite mirror whites in breaking so sharply along educated lines, the conclusion is nonetheless apt that our partisan duopoly now fractures more along lines of class than along lines of race.
Elites are often puzzled by this. Democratic elites, prone to word-vomit the full litany of social justice "woke"-isms, are often in denial as to how unpopular "defund the police" and the Green New Deal are with the public. And Republican elites, stubbornly moored to laissez-faire fundamentalism and limited government as intrinsic ends, rather than instrumental means, are often in denial as to how miniscule the political constituency is for a corporatist right-liberalism detached from the day-to-day needs of the working class.
But there is no putting this genie back in the bottle. Our now-rapidly accelerating political realignment will not slow down any time soon.

https://www.newsweek.com/theres-no-s...pinion-1552273

Old 12-06-20, 11:59 AM   #11619
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Now this is alarming. It should be.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...839_story.html

I never held the Republican party in high esteem and never considered them to be especially honest and respectable, I did not see them as something "better" than the Democrats. But this now shows how deep its politicans have sunk. And it is dangerous. Its a very dangerous path it is walking on.

A mix of cowardice and criminal energy.
Old 12-06-20, 12:31 PM   #11620
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

The GOP usual attempts to restrict voter rolls failed when mail in voting made voting easier. No surprise there. I feel so sorry the GOP's voter suppression tactics failed for once. Boo hoo hoo.

Perhaps the GOP needs to embrace making voting easier and motivating their base.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 12-06-20, 12:40 PM   #11621
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
The GOP usual attempts to restrict voter rolls failed when mail in voting made voting easier. No surprise there. I feel so sorry the GOP's voter suppression tactics failed for once. Boo hoo hoo.

Perhaps the GOP needs to embrace making voting easier and motivating their base.

Either that or just cheat like the Democrats did. I'm sure given an overnight pause in the counting during the next election the GoP can find enough dead and non voting citizens they can manufacture ballots for to put them over the top.

Welcome to the new normal.

Old 12-06-20, 12:50 PM   #11622
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Sure, keep the bleating up but I'll believe that when there is verifiable proof instead of whining and crying.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 12-06-20, 01:07 PM   #11623
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Sure, keep the bleating up but I'll believe that when there is verifiable proof instead of whining and crying.

Eye witness testimony isn't good enough. Votes by dead people isn't good enough. Abnormal returns spikes isn't good enough. Piles of Biden only absentee votes magically appearing in the wee hours of the night when voting was supposed to be paused and more.

If none of that is good enough for you then I have to ask what is? What would constitute verifiable proof in your opinion?

Old 12-06-20, 01:13 PM   #11624
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Proof that would stand up in court?

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
Old 12-06-20, 01:22 PM   #11625
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Well in actual fact the GOP did just that. It was Trump who failed in that regard. Republicans did quite well down the ballot. The GOP gained eleven house seats and so far have only lost one Senate seat. The pollsters had them losing five or six. And in the state level the GOP made only gains and no losses.

If Trump wants to blame anyone he has to look at himself. In four years he made no attempt to modify his behavior and that probably was the reason he lost.

And things are looking good for the GOP in the near future. By not losing any state legislatures they are in the driver's seat for redistricting in those states they control after the 2020 census.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter