Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-20, 09:07 AM   #11491
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

So far the cheating and vote stealing claim has gone nowhere, and will go nowhere.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 11-25-20, 09:25 AM   #11492
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Perhaps Trump will still win the electoral college vote if it is in a red state and the governor agrees that the electoral college members can vote for whoever they want to (if it's not against the law)

They can't change the laws, meaning that if an electoral voter wants to go rouge he or she can do so if it's not against the law in that state.
It may not be but I doubt that it would happen. And if it did it would almost certainly cause a Constitutional crisis. I doubt that Trump would want to be associated with that.

Quote:
So wait and see this election is not over yet ...
I think it is all but done. Joe Biden will be President. And he is already on track to make all the same mistakes that his former boss, Obama made. That will likely result in chaos in the Middle East, a stronger Russia and China and a weaker US economy. And since strategic thinking is not one of Joe's strong points, a blood bath for Democrats in the 2022 mid terms and a Republican president in 2024.

I say let the children play.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 11-25-20, 10:23 AM   #11493
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Seed thought: What if the run off for two senators in Georgia turns to the left in favor of the democrats?

They would then with President elect Biden and VP elect Harris and the majority rule of the US Congress ... they would now own the US Senate by two more votes (with two independents to swing any votes) and of course any tie would be decided by the VP which in this case is VP elect Harris.

So here's the seed thought what if ex-president Obama moved to Massachusetts for a reason. It's now quite clear that he won't be the SOS that goes to John Kerry ... so what's left?

How about the congress/senate change the rules of who can be the POTUS for more than two terms?

Biden has already said that he only wants to serve for one term and many think that he will give up the WH sooner to VP Harris.

Yes folks we face another delimana with Obama coming back for a third term
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 11-25-20, 10:27 AM   #11494
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Seed thought: What if the run off for two senators in Georgia turns to the left in favor of the democrats?

They would then with President elect Biden and VP elect Harris and the majority rule of the US Congress ... they would now own the US Senate by two more votes (with two independents to swing any votes) and of course any tie would be decided by the VP which in this case is VP elect Harris.

So here's the seed thought what if ex-president Obama moved to Massachusetts for a reason. It's now quite clear that he won't be the SOS that goes to John Kerry ... so what's left?

How about the congress/senate change the rules of who can be the POTUS for more than two terms?

Biden has already said that he only wants to serve for one term and many think that he will give up the WH sooner to VP Harris.

Yes folks we face another delimana with Obama coming back for a third term

See the 27th Amendment to the US Constitution. Obama is constitutionally prohibited from a third term. The Senate cannot change that on it's own.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 11-25-20, 10:38 AM   #11495
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
See the 27th Amendment to the US Constitution. Obama is constitutionally prohibited from a third term. The Senate cannot change that on it's own.
Well excuse me for not being smarter than you are

Then who can change the rules?
or achievement

Old 11-25-20, 10:51 AM   #11496
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:

Article V of the United States Constitution outlines basic procedures for constitutional amendment.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 11-25-20, 10:58 AM   #11497
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

More than 80 million votes and counting.

For me it indicate that a majority of those American who voted have sent a clear message to Trump.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 11-25-20, 11:00 AM   #11498
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

For me it indicate that a majority of those American who voted have sent a clear message to Trump.

Markus
The Jews did it
or achievement

Old 11-25-20, 11:05 AM   #11499
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
So far the cheating and vote stealing claim has gone nowhere, and will go nowhere.
I know what you mean and I wuld love to agree, but I cannt. The like will keep stricking on people's minds, thats the purposoe of endlessly repeating it. Its like an echo that rolls on and on and on and on.

Why it matters? Letst wait some time, and at the next elections at the latest we will see why it matters very much.

Meanwhile I read that Trump investigates options of presidentially pardoning himself. No joke. It seems somebody is very concerned about the time when he will have lost legal immunity. Its nto about his actions as presidnet, but the time before, when bhe bacme prosident, he had 500 open legal claims against him and was fighting court battles on many fronts over his fraudulent business practices, and illegally paying hush money. His daughter and her husband also are reported to start getting nervous over their own fates.
Old 11-25-20, 11:18 AM   #11500
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

pardon: [verb] to absolve from the consequences of a fault or crime. to allow (an offense) to pass without punishment. The granting of a pardon to a person who has committed a crime or who has been convicted of a crime is an act of clemency, which forgives the wrongdoer and restores the person's Civil Rights.

The thing about all those stories telling Trump pardoning himself makes me wonder what exactly has he been found guilty of to be pardoned in the first place? Just wondering if anyone has looked into that yet. Keep in mind too impeachment is not a criminal charge.

So I ask what is he supposed to absolving himself of?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 11-25-20, 03:43 PM   #11501
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

Markus

What message? That the Democrats are adept at manufacturing fake votes in their city enclaves? What about the 74 million of us that voted for Trump? Is the clear message that we should react the same way the Democrats did in 2016?

August is online  
Old 11-25-20, 03:45 PM   #11502
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

No evidence but spin.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 11-25-20, 03:51 PM   #11503
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
pardon: [verb] to absolve from the consequences of a fault or crime. to allow (an offense) to pass without punishment. The granting of a pardon to a person who has committed a crime or who has been convicted of a crime is an act of clemency, which forgives the wrongdoer and restores the person's Civil Rights.

The thing about all those stories telling Trump pardoning himself makes me wonder what exactly has he been found guilty of to be pardoned in the first place? Just wondering if anyone has looked into that yet. Keep in mind too impeachment is not a criminal charge.

So I ask what is he supposed to absolving himself of?
Whoo! The fix is in ... now we know why Trump said it's okay to start the transfer of power

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...&ocid=BingNews

Biden says he won't order an investigation of Trump, president's legal troubles remain

Quote:
President-elect Joe Biden downplayed the prospect of pursuing investigations of President Donald Trump after he leaves office.
"I will not do what this president does and use the Justice Department as my vehicle to insist that something happened," Biden told NBC News' Lester Holt in an interview Tuesday.
or achievement

Old 11-25-20, 03:54 PM   #11504
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Well excuse me for not being smarter than you are

Sorry I didn't mean it to come off that way. They used to teach this stuff in high school but that was in the last century so it might as well been in the stone age. I just rechecked and there are still two ways to do that and both have to be ratified by 3/4ths of the States before they can be enacted.

Quote:
Article V of the United States Constitution outlines basic procedures for constitutional amendment.
  1. Congress may submit a proposed constitutional amendment to the states, if the proposed amendment language is approved by a two-thirds vote of both houses.
  2. Congress must call a convention for proposing amendments upon application of the legislatures of two-thirds of the states (i.e., 34 of 50 states).
  3. Amendments proposed by Congress or convention become valiid only when ratified by the legislatures of, or conventions in, three-fourths of the states (i.e., 38 of 50 states).

https://www.ncsl.org/research/about-...stitution.aspx

August is online  
Old 11-25-20, 03:57 PM   #11505
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
What message? That the Democrats are adept at manufacturing fake votes in their city enclaves? What about the 74 million of us that voted for Trump? Is the clear message that we should react the same way the Democrats did in 2016?
You were a little faster than me. I was thinking on posting a continuation to my last post.

.....It's also important to look at how many voters Trump has gotten so far almost 74 million votes, which is about 11 million more than he got in 2016.

The elected politician incl. Biden can of course neglect these 74 million American voters.
Because these 74 million votes is also a signal to the American society and the elected politicians.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter