SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-29-13, 07:56 AM   #4021
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brycey634 View Post
Example of white ship:
Remove all mods
upgrade your sh5 to v1.2
reinstall mods

Old 10-30-13, 06:51 PM   #4022
Brycey634
Watch

Downloads: 96
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Remove all mods
upgrade your sh5 to v1.2
reinstall mods

Thank you so much! would've taken me forever to notice that

EDIT:
Now the HOSP ship is completely black (only ship I've seen black so far..)

Last edited by Brycey634; 10-31-13 at 07:26 AM. Reason: new problem
Brycey634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-13, 07:39 AM   #4023
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brycey634 View Post
Thank you so much! would've taken me forever to notice that
Your welcome

Quote:
EDIT:
Now the HOSP ship is completely black (only ship I've seen black so far..)
Yes - its a sick ship
Old 10-31-13, 09:44 AM   #4024
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

@gap & Trevally,

Finished with the barrage balloon.
gap is not getting the cookies as his message box is full. I think Trevally should have gotten it. If not, let me know, I'll send you the files.
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-13, 10:54 AM   #4025
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targor Avelany View Post
@gap & Trevally,

gap is not getting the cookies as his message box is full. I think Trevally should have gotten it. If not, let me know, I'll send you the files.
Hi Targor, I have just made some space

Now tat the GR2 model is ready, we should think about making barrage balloons realistically functional. I have had a look into privateer/GWX's Barrage Balloon and it got the following features:
  • Unit type: 306 (environmantal), likewise OH's "old" balloon.
  • Roster usage: American, British, German, Italian, etc. /Land, as opposed to OH, which uses barrage balloons as Environmental/Air units.
  • A sim file with an unit_Airplane controller (OH don't use any unit controller).
  • A zon file with an explossive (never seen this is SH5) controller, as opposed to OH's balloon which hasn't any zon file.

Our goals should be:
  • The balloons should be stationary: they should just float at mid air. They shouldn't move toward enemies, neither crash on the soil due to their zero speed.
  • Axis aircraft should recognize balloons as enemies: when given this chance, they should aim at balloons with their guns making them to explode, and -more important- they should do their best avoid collisions with the balloons.
  • Though damageable, balloons shouldn't get damage if their cable strikes the soil (thus making possible the setting of the same balloon model at various heights).
  • On collision with a ballloon or with its cable, an aircraft should receive fatal or serious damage, and the balloon itself should get "destroyed".

My plan:
  • Putting the balloon in the British\Air roster. I hope that this is enough for making allied aircraft to see balloons as enemies.
  • Not using any unit controller. I hope this is not going to prevent aircraft from shooting their guns at the balloons. Alternatively, we could place them into the British\Land roster and give them an unit controller appropriate for a land unit, but I am afraid that aircraft would start dropping their boms at them.
  • Adding collision spheres to the ballon and its cables for their full lenght (following as closely as possible the profile of the 1,400m-long cable is going to be a real pita though )
  • Adding a damage box to the balloon body with an explosive effect linked to it, and setting another damage box for the cables. As the cables are set as a child of the balloon, their destruction by collision might not be enough for the full model being removed from game. We have three possible workaround for this:

1. making the two boxes to overlap, so that any damage to the cables will (hopefully) affect the main model;
    2. linking the main model to the cable damage box (experiments with this setting on FXU 0.0.22, have lead to high crash occurrences though);
    3. setting the cable zone as critical with a very high chance (it works for ship zones on torpedo impacts, I have no idea if it can work in this case as well).

Another problem that you must ready to face, is the cables getting damage from "impact" with soil. Using a unit_land controller, or shortening the cable damage box so that it will only cover the top part of the model, are two possible workaround which come to my mind.
Any other idea guys
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-13, 01:00 PM   #4026
Trevally.
Navy Seal

If this was a flight sim - then yes, that would all be great.
This being a subsim - do we need all this

Old 10-31-13, 01:02 PM   #4027
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
@gap & Trevally,

nothing in my inbox
Old 10-31-13, 01:35 PM   #4028
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
If this was a flight sim - then yes, that would all be great.
This being a subsim - do we need all this

I we can attain this level of realism, at least in part, why not aiming for it? Probably some of the planned features won't work, and we will scrap them anyway, but should we give them up before even trying?

On the other hand I am just curious to know how aircraft's AI will deal with those odd flying objects. As a matter of fact, most of what I do for this game is done out of curiosity. Please don't spoil it
Old 10-31-13, 02:23 PM   #4029
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I we can attain this level of realism, at least in part, why not aiming for it? Probably some of the planned features won't work, and we will scrap them anyway, but should we give them up before even trying?

On the other hand I am just curious to know how aircraft's AI will deal with those odd flying objects. As a matter of fact, most of what I do for this game is done out of curiosity. Please don't spoil it

Sure Gap - I know you enjoy this level of detail

I will go ahead and add the new model by you and Targor as a direct replacement for my .dat one
It will then still be an easy upgrade/add-on to Rongels mega-mod either before release or after.

Does Rongels mega-mod have a name yet
Old 10-31-13, 03:22 PM   #4030
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
@gap & Trevally,

Old 10-31-13, 03:30 PM   #4031
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:

Sure Gap - I know you enjoy this level of detail

I will go ahead and add the new model by you and Targor as a direct replacement for my .dat one
It will then still be an easy upgrade/add-on to Rongels mega-mod either before release or after.
Ok, good plan

Here are the files from Targor, ready for use in campaign.

http://www.mediafire.com/?q12s85k453er2df

I have:
  • resized the main textures to a more acceptable 512x512,
  • added 256x256 lowres textures,
  • placed all the textures in the Textures folder, so that they will be shared among the GR2 and the dat model
  • made the GR2 model to point to the new texture location, so that the model won't be rendered white when previewed in GR2 Editor
  • added cfg, sil, sns and eqp files (eqp and sns files are empty: added them just to avoid that TDW's mod validator will throw an error with them missing)
  • added a Names.cfg entry
  • made the balloon available as Air unit of the British roster
  • added my work in progress of the dat model (This is for Targor, you can delete it for now)

Something we should check is if the different textures I have created (three, for no roundel, early war roundel, late war roundel) are configured correctly, as I have rushed a bit with their setting. We should also verify that the LOD model is used correctly. If you want, I can send you a patch that will turn LOd model's skin in a bright colored one, so you won't miss it when looking the model from far away
Old 10-31-13, 03:32 PM   #4032
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:

I understand that the landscape is snowy, and that the ballons might be half frozen, but probably those flying objects are missing their texture. Use the configured files I have posted below
Old 10-31-13, 03:32 PM   #4033
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Nicely done Guys!
Old 10-31-13, 03:37 PM   #4034
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

mwahahaahahaha!!!!!!!

Edit:
Quote:
Ok, good plan

Here are the files from Targor, ready for use in campaign.

http://www.mediafire.com/?q12s85k453er2df

I have:
  • resized the main textures to a more acceptable 512x512,
  • added 256x256 lowres textures,
  • placed all the textures in the Textures folder, so that they will be shared among the GR2 and the dat model
  • made the GR2 model to point to the new texture location, so that the model won't be rendered white when previewed in GR2 Editor
  • added cfg, sil, sns and eqp files (eqp and sns files are empty: added them just to avoid that TDW's mod validator will throw an error with them missing)
  • added a Names.cfg entry
  • made the balloon available as Air unit of the British roster
  • added my work in progress of the dat model (This is for Targor, you can delete it for now)
Something we should check is if the different textures I have created (three, for no roundel, early war roundel, late war roundel) are configured correctly, as I have rushed a bit with their setting. We should also verify that the LOD model is used correctly. If you want, I can send you a patch that will turn LOd model's skin in a bright colored one, so you won't miss it when looking the model from far away
I might have to slightly re-do the files in that case. Or any of you can do it yourselves if you have the GR2 files: as it stands right now, the files take the texture from the same folder as they are themselves. To change that you need to put the textures in to the texture folders and then open the files in the GR2 editor and select it from the texture folder (just change the path). After that the file will look into the texture folder for the textures.
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-13, 03:47 PM   #4035
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
I understand that the landscape is snowy, and that the ballons might be half frozen, but probably those flying objects are missing their texture. Use the configured files I have posted below
Just testing your new ones now - I am getting no unit info in ME2

I will see how it goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
Nicely done Guys!
They look good guys - well done

Quote:
mwahahaahahaha!!!!!!!

Edit:

I might have to slightly re-do the files in that case. Or any of you can do it yourselves if you have the GR2 files: as it stands right now, the files take the texture from the same folder as they are themselves. To change that you need to put the textures in to the texture folders and then open the files in the GR2 editor and select it from the texture folder (just change the path). After that the file will look into the texture folder for the textures.
Testing now

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii