SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-23-21, 05:44 AM   #6991
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 05:46 AM   #6992
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The chances of becoming infected by Covid fell sharply after a first dose of either the AstraZeneca or Pfizer vaccines, a UK study has found.

The vaccines worked just as well in the over-75s and those with underlying health conditions, as other people.

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) and University of Oxford research also found a strong antibody response in all age groups from either jab.

Everyone showed some response to both vaccines, they said.

The research, contained in two studies which have not yet been peer-reviewed or published, is based on virus tests from 370,000 people in the general UK population - one of the largest to date.

It provides further real-world evidence that the vaccines being used in the UK to protect against Covid-19 are effective at protecting people against coronavirus infections.

In the first study, people who had been vaccinated with a single dose of either the Oxford-AstraZeneca or Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines were 65% less likely to get a new Covid infection.
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56844220

Old 04-23-21, 05:58 AM   #6993
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

A study from India, controlled clinical trial and double blindness and all the bells and whistles, showed that giving hospitalised patients 60 thousand units of Vitamine D per day for one week reduced the rate of extremely severe cases with risk of imminent death dramatically from 60% to 20%.

Telling this by secondary source.

Another apparently relevant therapeutical option to boost your immune system and especially fight Covid 19, is heat. Get your core temperature up, get warm, and very much so. Do sauna. Use infrared radiators. Do not just warm your skin, but warm up the inside of your body. This helps, amongst others, to get interferone production up. I heard this for a longer time now but did not spend time to listen, now I did, and I got the impressison there is more in this than I initially thought. It makes sense, anyway, if you think of the function of a fever your body builds up when being ill, it does so to make the place of your body more uncomfortable for an invading bacterium or virus. If you think you got ill, heat yourself up, do not fight fevers as long as they do not reach into life-threatening temperature ranges, take ahot shower and imemdoiateoly poack yurslef into bed afterwards, with a hot water-bottle. I have since years the habit that whenf I caught up something, i stay in bed and heat myself up even though it feels unpleasant, may give me a headache, makes me soaking wet with sweat, but I push this process artificially. And it helps! I accept an uncomfortable night with wet cushion in a sweat-soaking bed, I push it up, I never have meds against fever in my household.

However, since I started my supplementation prgram one year ago, I have not gotten ill with anything since then. Before that, I had 3-4 colds a year.

Last edited by Skybird; 04-23-21 at 06:09 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 06:04 AM   #6994
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Yes.

Fo anothe rperspective, however, watch out for that Indian mutation that currently causes havoc in india. Its a double-mutation, and indicatiosn are mounting that it may defeat our current vaccines. If so, it is only a question of time until it becomes the new dominant form. It wa slike this with the British variation, too. It started outside Britain just slowly, now dominates.
Germany has already seen first cases of the Indian mutation.

Lets hope they get a hold on this one fast. Its indispensable to control this one tightly and super-fast.
There is a nasty little problem in India that does not get much of a mention. I believe Iran is having a resurgence.
Old 04-23-21, 06:13 AM   #6995
Skybird
Soaring

For heaven's sake, listen to this man. I can understand if you guys do not believe me when I repeat my same things over and over again because you know I am not a trained doctor, but this man is, and all what I try to say, he says, too, but with the full weight of his academically trained and practically experienced background, he is a Covid front fighter. You may not want to believe me, but for heaven's sake, listen to and believe him.

You are safe with daily doses of Vitamine D of up to 40 thousand units, but you probably will not have additional benefit from doses beyond 20 thousand, or from taking it without magnesium, because what you swallow as a pill is just the inactive storage form of it your body does not actively make use of, it must get activated and turned into the metabolistically active form, and that does not happen without lots of magnesium. Its essential. Without magnesium, taking Vitamine D pills is a complete waste. - Personally, I take 12500 I.E. per day. (10K and 15K in turns, to consume up an old stock of smaller pills).

Vitamines D, A (as pure Retinol drops), C, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, and you have an immunity booster for starters. get rid of inflammatory Omega-6 excesses. Increase anti-inflammatory Omega-3 levels. Avoid sweets sugars of all kinds, significantly reduce hidden sugars in carbs and wheat, redcue carbs. Consider slowly raising your iodine (and selenium) into the two digit milligram range (the iodine, NOT the selenium!!), but read some stuff on it before. Iodine imo is very relevant for the functining of the guts as part of the immune system, it impacts on the control of the regeneration and permeability of the mucosa, additionally it has anti-carcinogenic value - but only when you take it at doses of 15 mg minimum and then upwards.

Last edited by Skybird; 04-23-21 at 06:45 AM.
Old 04-23-21, 06:20 AM   #6996
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
There is a nasty little problem in India that does not get much of a mention. I believe Iran is having a resurgence.
Whatever, we have already cases in Europe and in the world, outside India. We know it is a double mutation changing the spike protein by which it hooks up with a cell and breaks into it. It is more infectous, more lethal and it looks as if our current vaccines do not stop it, it reduces the virus' vulnerability for neutraliozation.

Look for B.1.617. Its the driving force behind the surging numbers in India. The wHO tries to downplay it a bit, still, but its not the first time they do somethign silly.
Old 04-23-21, 06:42 AM   #6997
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Italian ministers will finalise a plan from PM Mario Draghi for an enormous €221.5bn (£192bn) recovery package of investment and structural reform. All but €30bn of the money is from EU grants and cheap loans, so the package has to be approved by the EU first: it covers six areas including energy transition away from carbon fuels; digitalisation and innovation, infrastructure projects, education, social inclusion and health.

Twenty Indian nursing students who recently arrived in Belgium via Paris have contracted the Indian variant of Covid. They all tested negative in PCR tests before leaving India and all gave a negative rapid test on arrival in Paris, before going into Belgian quarantine. Belgian experts believe they were infected by one of the students on the bus from Paris to the towns of Aalst and Leuven. The chances they have infected anyone else are small.

Hungary’s prime minister, Viktor Orban, has said this morning that vaccination rates there will reach 40% next week and will help the country reopen further. He says anyone with a vaccination card will be able to enter cinemas, gyms, hotels and theatres. But Hungary still has high rates of infection and had to limit a plan to reopen primary schools on Monday.

The Dutch parliament has backed measures to reopen café terraces during the afternoon and lift overnight curfews, even though infection numbers have reached their highest numbers since early January, with almost 9,700 cases announced on Thursday. Caretaker Prime Minister Mark Rutte says five million vaccinations will have been completed by the end of this week.

French Prime Minister Jean Castex believes the third wave has peaked in France, with case numbers down 17% in the past 10 days. Nursery and primary schools will reopen on Monday with a strict testing protocol, and older children will start going back on 3 May.

Old 04-23-21, 06:45 AM   #6998
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Hairdressers, close-contact services and outdoor visitor attractions are reopening in Northern Ireland.

It's the final part of the UK to allow these business to reopen after lockdown.

UK and Irish nationals arriving from India must quarantine in a hotel, as new travel restrictions come into force.

At least two hospitals in Delhi are running out of oxygen, as India struggles with second wave.

India's medical system has collapsed and cremations may soon have to be held on roads due to lack of space, a charity worker says.

Welsh pubs and restaurants could open indoors from 17 May, as plans to ease restrictions are brought forward.

Indoor group activities and swimming lessons will also be allowed from 3 May in Wales - two weeks earlier than planned.

Australian city Perth enters a snap three-day lockdown after an international traveller allowed to leave quarantine then tests positive.

UK government borrowing hit £303.1bn last year - the highest level since the end of World War Two.

The chances of becoming infected with Covid falls sharply after a first dose of either the Oxford or Pfizer vaccines, a study finds.

Old 04-23-21, 06:48 AM   #6999
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Twenty Indian nursing students who recently arrived in Belgium via Paris have contracted the Indian variant of Covid. They all tested negative in PCR tests before leaving India and all gave a negative rapid test on arrival in Paris, before going into Belgian quarantine. Belgian experts believe they were infected by one of the students on the bus from Paris to the towns of Aalst and Leuven. The chances they have infected anyone else are small.

May I ask a simple, reasonable question.

WHY IS THERE STILL ALL THIS STUPID TRAVELLING HAPPENING...??? Even from and to hotspots...???

We know that our tests are far from being fail safe, and have blind spots int he time frames. The WHO even refuses to officially authorize quick self tests as sold to laymen because the reliabiltiy of these is demanded to be 80%, in fact they match only around 60-65%.

PCR tests score much better, but also are far from being fail-safe.

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 04-23-21 at 04:27 PM. Reason: language
Old 04-23-21, 06:59 AM   #7000
Skybird
Soaring

There is a drain of nurses in Germany, since longer time, with personnel levels having been under stress already before Covid 19. Now, 3 in 10 nurses say they plan to give up their job within this year. They are done, and exhausted, and tired of it, and burnt out. Many say they also are enraged by the stupidity and irresponsibility of so many people and decision makers alike.
Old 04-23-21, 07:14 AM   #7001
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

For heaven's sake, listen to this man. I can understand if you guys do not believe me when I repeat my same things over and over again because you know I am not a trained doctor, but this man is, and all what I try to say, he says, too, but with the full weight of his academically trained and practically experienced background, he is a Covid front fighter. You may not want to believe me, but for heaven's sake, listen to and believe him.

You are safe with daily doses of Vitamine D of up to 40 thousand units, but you probably will not have additional benefit from doses beyond 20 thousand, or from taking it without magnesium, because what you swallow as a pill is just the inactive storage form of it your body does not actively make use of, it must get activated and turned into the metabolistically active form, and that does not happen without lots of magnesium. Its essential. Without magnesium, taking Vitamine D pills is a complete waste. - Personally, I take 12500 I.E. per day. (10K and 15K in turns, to consume up an old stock of smaller pills).

Vitamines D, A (as pure Retinol drops), C, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, and you have an immunity booster for starters. get rid of inflammatory Omega-6 excesses. Increase anti-inflammatory Omega-3 levels. Avoid sweets sugars of all kinds, significantly reduce hidden sugars in carbs and wheat, redcue carbs. Consider slowly raising your iodine (and selenium) into the two digit milligram range (the iodine, NOT the selenium!!), but read some stuff on it before. Iodine imo is very relevant for the functining of the guts as part of the immune system, it impacts on the control of the regeneration and permeability of the mucosa, additionally it has anti-carcinogenic value - but only when you take it at doses of 15 mg minimum and then upwards.
Vitamin D has been known to fight against the COVID.
Old 04-23-21, 07:30 AM   #7002
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

What is going on in Poland? 10K new cases. Iran: 20K new cases. Ukraine 14K new cases.
Old 04-23-21, 07:48 AM   #7003
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Vitamin D has been known to fight against the COVID.
Vitamine D has been known to fight against corona virusses since SARS 2003.
But many, especially decision makers, TV "experts", ink pissers and business lobbyists of course, still ignore it.

Thanks to the internet, and activists, and "grassroot conferences", the word neverthelss got spread against the will of these bastards. Mass media still actively deny that vitamine D, (and supplements in general) can have positve effects, and are shameless enough to even state clear lies about the state of research. Active lobbyism by the pharma and food industry at work. They also have tremendous influence on the training curriculae for medicine students.

Sientific research on Vit-D has seen a steep rise in knowledge since the early 70s when Michael Hollick started to work on it (he still is the grey eminence of vitamine D research until today). Since SARS 2003, the knowledge almost exploded. But it got and still gets ignored by many interested parties and politicians and decision makers. It is a threat for profit interests by the pharma industry that wants to sell expensive medication instead of cheap nutrients.

We have seen the same mechanism already a hundred years ago. The Hennig comaopny in 1926 released the first synthesized Thyroxine drug, named Hennig Thyroxine. Of course they advertised it, which is not forbidden in itself. But as part of the marketing, they immediately started to actively defame and trivialize the cheaper and as effective if not superior natural rival product - simple iodine, or Lugol's solution, which was a common healing agent since decades and generations, and without having known all the scioenc ebackgroudn was used by mankind since 15,000 years for healing purposes (by eating seaweed, for exmaple) . Since 1926 we are being told that iodine is not only useless, no, it is dangerous! It is poisonous! But the indeed toxic chlorine, bromine, flourid - these can be made money of by bringing them into the food chain and selling them and some of them having been industrial waste from the aluminium industry that needed to find a way how to get rid of its huge heaps of flouride waste and even making a profit with it! Iodine is the only halogene that is not toxic at usual consumption levels, while all the others are! Heck, there is a drug in the US, forgot the name, it is subscribed for heart issues and serious heart conditions, and is quite common in the US I reda, many tens of thousands of US citizens take it daily. The pill consits of 100mg of stuff - 75 mg of which is Iodine, and the daily dose for most people is two pills - 150 mg (yeah, milligrams, not micrograms!) of iodine, that is! And nobody of these people, even without being explicitly encouraged to also take selenium (as I usually recommend), has died from that much of iodine, or is reported to suffer complications and health detoriation from it.

The system is no health system, it is an illness system. Its a economic system with producers, these producers produce goods, and they want to sell these goods to customers. Customers are ill people, because only ill people will to spend lots of money on medical drugs with meters-long lists of side effects and warnings of complications. Healthy people do not do this, they are of no economic use in this system, they are a nuisance. And that is why everybody official or lobbyistic tells you that all this nutrient stuff does not work and is even dangerous and is a health hazard. The only health hazard here is the very system itself that can only live by keeping peole sick and ill. There is an integral, inbuild structural interest that people should be ill, not healthy.

And that is what many doctors get taught at university, too. They do not learn prevention and nutrition, they learn to subscribe pills and surgical measurements. Those with an intact sense of ethical responsibility later feel uncomfortable and start to learn additional alternative things, but by far not all are this open, many stick with the old stuff and become determined defenders of the old paradigm: the doctor is always right, you owe blind trust and obedience to him, and you must swallow pills to battle symptoms - do not dare to consider tackling the cause for the symptoms. Many doctors do not know how to achieve that, that simple is the grim truth. Our Western medicine is great in surgery and emergency management, but beyond that it is fixiated on battling symptoms only. It knows almost nothing about nutrition value, eating, prevention. It treats the symptoms of deseases. It is not so much interested in stopping deseases to even form up in the first.

There is no money in health. And thats why they do not want you to be healthy. Only sick you are an economical ressource that can be financially exploited.

Listen to your doctor and what he has to tell you. But never trust him blindly, he is just a human, he has not the time to have learned evertyhing, and after university he may have foudn that the everyday life of a dcotor si very much different than what as a young student he imagined it to be, and he is, by his treining, a victim of circumstances. If he is open to new things, be kind and polite and tell him what you think. If he just cleans it off the table and does not want to listen, do not fight because it most likely is a waste of time and energy, but find yourself a new doctor and try him. I did like this earlier this year, got a new doctor. He knows not necessarly more on the things I talk of than the old one, but he is tolerant and open-minded asked questions and signalled both surprise and that if it makes sense to him what I say and point at, he is willing to give it more consideration and time to reaearch it. Like I do not blindly trust him, he does not blindly believe what I tell him. And that is a good basis for both of us. And thats why I listen to him carefully when he objects to something I said. It forces me to get my own homework done.

I do not leave responsibility for my health - heck: my life!! - to just any stranger this way. I try to re-claim back responsibility for my health. There is a price for it: time. You need to invest time to educate yourself a bit on things. Else you just babble, else you just believe.

Some doctors will not appreciate this, you hurt them in their professional self-understanding. Others will like it and support you where they can. Avoid the first, stay with the latter.

Last edited by Skybird; 04-23-21 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-23-21, 08:41 AM   #7004
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

I'm not against the vaccine. I'm cautiously optimistic. No different than being cautiously optimistic with the flu vaccine that has been around for decades but only 40-50% effective.
Old 04-23-21, 09:00 AM   #7005
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
I'm not against the vaccine. I'm cautiously optimistic. No different than being cautiously optimistic with the flu vaccine that has been around for decades but only 40-50% effective.
Flu vaccines are seasonal fits, being rmeixed every years on the basis of what kind of strains are expecte din the next season. In Germany, their efficiency is usually rated - by more independent sources having less an agenda for propagating them - at 25-40%, 45% at best. It depends on how good the "guessing" was. And thats why the efficiency of the yearly vaccination campaign varies. ersonally, so ar I have never worried myself with getting these kind of jabs. Some months ago I got a refresher for the usual vaccinations we get at school, during those years. Tetanus, diphteria, that kind of stuff.

We could end up like this with Covid 19 as well. Not so nice, since it can have more robust consequences. Thats why we must focus more, much more in case of Germany, to also develope cures and medical drugs helping to battle Covid 19 once the infection turned into a serious case.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan