Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Comments to SUBSIM Review
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-17, 08:45 AM   #1
XrayActual
Nub

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
radar Sonar contact, a very new guy up ahead.

And when I say very new I mean it, not just to this forum but to Sub games in general. As a 17 year old subsims were not really the big thing people were talking about so I never really realised they existed.

However due to me being a big history buff especially about WW2 I ran into some Silent Hunter gameplay while watching some videos about German U-boots.

Game looked interesting but a bit too clunky for me to really get into it. (I probably pissed of alot of people with that remark.)

But then I ran into gameplay videos of Cold Waters by Jive Turkey and I thought it was perfect for me, smooth and a tad more casual than the SH series so pretty easu for me to get into it.

So I bought the game yesterday and played it for 6 hours, (loving it so far)
only to end WW3 in less than 4, granted the war ended because I failed to sink a nucliear sub but it still ended. So I started looking for mods to continue the gameplay experience.
Then a video from Jive Turkey, who got me into the game in the first place, about modding popped up while I was browsing his channel for tips and it brought me to this forum, and since I got a mail telling me to do this I thought, why not.

Really liking it so far and I think I'll stick around.

X-ray
XrayActual is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hello world, introduction