Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-14-06, 05:35 AM   #1
nomadBLN
Seaman

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0
Default Fast Attack on XP???

could anybody tell me if i could run fast attack on xp with dosbox or anything else???
a new question: i get fast attack to run with dos box but after a few mouse clicks the game freeze could anybody help me??? thanks for answer

Last edited by nomadBLN; 07-14-06 at 12:46 PM.
nomadBLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-06, 01:05 PM   #2
bradclark1
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 25

Do a search for "Fast Attack" and your questions will be answered.
Not trying to be a jerk but that question gets asked all the time.
But as far as the mouse go to D-fend, right-click on game icon and choose edit profile. Go to "General" tab and check auto-lock mouse. If that doesn't work you are screwed.
bradclark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-06, 12:15 PM   #3
Hamil
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 5

I also love this game, and my old cd is somewhere in a storage room. So i tried to find somewhere to download it, and found a place. The problem is that the clips dont work, when you fire a torpedo you know. It says, "cant find smack movie", that error suppose to occure when ending game as it says in the textfile, but it dont say that the ingame clips dont work. Everything works but the ingame clips, is the "smack" file extracted maybe? Unpacked it is 41mb only, so i think so, i cant remember how big the game is, but 41mb sounds very small. The clips is the soul of the game hehe, you wait and wait, and YES, when the clip starts, you know you hit the target. Damn, its a big storage, theres no way i can find the disc. No where to find in any store either, i guess i have to find the full version somewhere. Any suggestions?
Hamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-06, 01:23 AM   #4
Andy
Watch

Downloads: 25

I just reinstalled it and it runs great with dosbox except for the choppiness when trying to use the periscope. Before I knew it, 3 hours gone. There is still a lot of tense gaming in FA.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-06, 12:20 AM   #5
JSF
Engineer

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
I just reinstalled it and it runs great with dosbox except for the choppiness when trying to use the periscope. Before I knew it, 3 hours gone. There is still a lot of tense gaming in FA.
I agree.....The best thing I liked about FA is the simulated sonar waterfall display. Very realistic. The water fall display on 688 and Sub Command is pitifull by comparison.
JSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-06, 06:04 PM   #6
Wim Libaers
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamil
I also love this game, and my old cd is somewhere in a storage room. So i tried to find somewhere to download it, and found a place. The problem is that the clips dont work, when you fire a torpedo you know. It says, "cant find smack movie", that error suppose to occure when ending game as it says in the textfile, but it dont say that the ingame clips dont work. Everything works but the ingame clips, is the "smack" file extracted maybe? Unpacked it is 41mb only, so i think so, i cant remember how big the game is, but 41mb sounds very small. The clips is the soul of the game hehe, you wait and wait, and YES, when the clip starts, you know you hit the target. Damn, its a big storage, theres no way i can find the disc. No where to find in any store either, i guess i have to find the full version somewhere. Any suggestions?
I think I know which downloaded version you're referring to. The best option I found is to use that version (lack of CD checks makes things a bit easier to configure on the emulator) and copying the video files directory to the install directory from the CD. If you really can't find it, there should be an options file in the Fast Attack directory (I don't remember the exact name), and there should be a way to disable video playing. Should get rid of the crashes. If I remember correctly (it was some time ago for me), if you copy the videos from the CD, there is some path in a config file that should also be adjusted to point to the correct place.
Wim Libaers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-07, 10:07 PM   #7
trigg88
Swabbie

Downloads: 4
Default fast in xp

Hi, I have fast attack running fine in xp using "VDM sound 2"
this is a great utility for running old dos games in xp.

only problem is I get a smack error in the missions that a resupply is
meant to happen coz ive also got the downloaded version without
the smack movies

please see my post in clasic subsims
if you can help me I would be greatfull

Trigg
trigg88 is offline   Reply With Quote