SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-15-05, 12:57 PM   #1
Tozzifan
Bosun

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 0
Default Land Strike mission (stock campaign)

willing to end stock campaign in my spare time, I've returned to SC after quite a while.......

I've reached the launch point and launched two TLAMs to the SAM site (the first one will be intercepted) and after a few seconds the remaining fourteen TLAMs available to the airfield: all weapons on target (I checked it by cheating, as after a few unsuccessful trials I was not able to figure out what was happening), nonetheless the percentage of airfield damage is way below 100%

is there anyone around remembering whether there is any bug or particular tactic to use?

thanks
Tozzifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-05, 04:53 PM   #2
kschang
Watch

Downloads: 9

Did you get the last-second addition to the fire mission?
kschang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-05, 03:26 AM   #3
Tozzifan
Bosun

no, thinking in terms on realism (funny thing to say from one living a life not delving with submarine warfare ), having aircrafts scanning and searching the sea for me running away the harbour zone I did not climb to periscope depth (............ and my floating radio cable had been damaged ) .... thank you, I'm going to fix my faults....
Old 08-20-05, 04:21 AM   #4
Tozzifan
Bosun

I've reloaded a save in which the streaming wire was intact, I've traveled until the launch point with the wire fully streamed (climbing progressively from 500 to 140 , speed 3), but no new communication came in

moreover, I have another question: the briefing says "4 TLAM strike on the airfield" how am I supposed to destroy the airfield (as the mission objectives claim) with only four TLAMs if fourteen do not do the job ?
Old 08-30-05, 01:14 PM   #5
kschang
Watch

Downloads: 9

It's not the qualtity, but the precision of the strike.

Open up the map in the weapon waypoint screen and zoom in at the target, WAY IN. I'll bet your final waypoint is a little off. Unlike real life, Tomahawk in SC is not an area effect weapon.
kschang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-05, 04:16 AM   #6
Tozzifan
Bosun

you were right: I've zoomed in to 500yds scale and my waypoints had a little offset
nonetheless I didn't manage to shutdown the airfield: the percentage of damage has increased to 74% (2 TLAMs expended for the SAM)

! did you load the horizontal tubes too with TLAMs?