Closed Thread

Old 09-16-20, 05:10 AM   #10621
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post

If Trump gets dementia, how will you know?
Ha Ha Ha. Very funny.

The truth is we will know the same way for everyone else. When his behavior noticeably changes. I actually have a great deal of sympathy for Joe Biden. I've seen enough examples of dementia in my family and friends to not make fun of unfortunate victims. And I think it is shameful that people close to Biden would not be truthful about what they are seeing.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 09-16-20, 05:10 AM   #10622
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

"The form of democracy practiced today is increasingly a symptom of the process of buying votes and of lubricating and rewarding unfair special interests, an auction system in which every few years the power of legislation is entrusted to those who promise their followers the greatest special advantages, a system created by the blackmail and corruption system of politics with a single all-powerful assembly,named by the word fetish democracy. "

(F.A.v.Hayek, 1981)

Stop caring for just the symptoms only and thinking they are the core and centre of it all. Realise its the system that gives you the troubles. And the system is embedded in a context that pretty much also points at yourself. Its easy to point fingers always at politicians and candidates and parties. Whereas the real guilty guy in the end always is - yourself, legitimising them, obeying their rules, serving them. Want to see change? See to change yourself and cancel your established loyalties and obediences. There lies no way out and no solutions in the established thinkign patterns - they are not the cure but have been the reason we ended up where we are. More of the same will not get us out. It only gets us deeper into it.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-16-20 at 05:20 AM.
Old 09-16-20, 05:25 AM   #10623
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

u crank: Nice twist of yours, noted.
I would say that there are other people who are making fun of Biden and his health, like Trump and his followers. You are aware how Trump refers to people with health problems? Losers? Yes, how very FUNNY.

Trump is talking so much nonsense that it is strange how no one mentions his mental condition.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 09-16-20, 05:53 AM   #10624
u crank

Quote:
I would say that there are other people who are making fun of Biden and his health, like Trump and his followers. You are aware how Trump refers to people with health problems? Losers? Yes, how very FUNNY.
I get the impression that you think I am defending and agreeing with everything that Donald Trump does or says. Do you?

Quote:
Trump is talking so much nonsense that it is strange how no one mentions his mental condition.
You cannot mix personality traits, behavior and a lack of manners with mental decline. Not the same.

I know exactly what you were saying. But there is a difference. You can easily find YouTube videos of Donald Trump going back many years and he talks the same way. Word salads, boasting and a limited and non intellectual vocabulary. If you do the same for Joe Biden you cannot help but notice a change. Unless of course you don't want to see it. The drive to get rid of Trump is well populated with people who are quite willing to accept a President who might not be capable to achieve that goal. Think about that.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 09-16-20, 08:02 AM   #10625
Catfish

^ Yes, what i meant is that while Biden maybe has health issues the acting president does his bogus and lying without excuse.
Heaven knows what Trump will say and do with medical problems, adding to the existing ones.

Old 09-16-20, 08:29 AM   #10626
u crank

Quote:
^ Yes, what i meant is that while Biden maybe has health issues the acting president does his bogus and lying without excuse.
Are you saying that Joe Biden doesn't lie?

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 09-16-20, 08:40 AM   #10627
Catfish

Nice try. Ok let us just say "Yes, Biden does not lie."
See, it works. Now you will go up in flames and curse and think and write and be diverted from the real problem.

Trump does it all the time, and deliberately. Often he says the absolute opposite of what he said a day before, and all will go for this, and discuss, but also let him do whatever he wants. Win-win

Old 09-16-20, 09:48 AM   #10628
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...an-jets-414883

Haha, we got the Russkies supporting our troops!
Old 09-16-20, 09:53 AM   #10629
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
See, it works. Now you will go up in flames and curse and think and write and be diverted from the real problem.

Trump does it all the time, and deliberately. Often he says the absolute opposite of what he said a day before, and all will go for this, and discuss, but also let him do whatever he wants. Win-win
Yeah, when it comes to lies, nobody does it like the Big Bad Papa Boss does. Because he does not know the difference between truth and lie himself. Not even that there is a difference. He has lied so often in his life before, in context of his family and father, that it became a habit, part of his personality disorder'S symptoms, a leanrign success of that he can get away with things he broke if he lies about them, and lies blatantly. Its a psychiatric thing. He cannot not lie.

Have mercy with him. He is sick to the centre of his mind. Think of it like Tourette, the verbal tic in it. The difference however is, the Tourette patient knows that there is going something wrong when he has another verbal outburst, he cannot control it while knowing that it is happening right now. Trump cannot differentiate between reality and his fantasy, truth and lie anymore. Thats a decisive difference. Its delusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/16/politics/donald-trump-town-hall/index.html
Trump again denies evidence of his own voice
[...]
The town hall event exactly seven weeks before Election Day was a reminder of the kind of chaos, falsehoods and divisiveness that is a selling point for the President's most faithful voters but is the kind of behavior that may prompt an undecided voter to turn away.
The stream of lies and alternative realities that the President promoted recalled a statement attributed to former Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats in Woodward's book "Rage" that was published on Tuesday.
"To him a lie is not a lie. It's just what he thinks. He doesn't know the difference between the truth and a lie," Coats is quoted as saying to former Secretary of Defense James Mattis.
Such commentary was borne out when Trump responded to a question by a first time voter from Pittsburgh who asked why he was captured on tapes made by Woodward as downplaying the pandemic.
"Yeah, well, I didn't downplay it. I, actually, in many ways, I up-played it, in terms of action," he said.
In essence, the President is inviting voters to refuse to believe the evidence of their own ears on his early attitude to the worst domestic crisis since World War II that has now killed 195,000 Americans and pitched 30 million out of work.
He is implicitly arguing that not only does he not deserve any blame for a response that lags other industrialized nations -- the US has 4% of the world's population and more than 20% of the Covid-19 cases and deaths.
But such a view relies on an interpretation that distorts the traditional sense that the buck stops on the Oval Office desk and instead relies on voters to believe a flagrant act of salesmanship that defies the reality of their own lives.
After Trump told Fox News earlier Tuesday that he had read Woodward's book on Monday night, and found it "boring," Woodward said that the President was living in an "Orwellian world."
"He was told, he knew, he told me about it," the veteran reporter told CNN's Anderson Cooper.
"I don't know, to be honest, whether he's got it straight in his head what is real and what is unreal."

Last edited by Skybird; 09-16-20 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-16-20, 10:28 AM   #10630
u crank

Quote:
You can say it all you want. But of course he does. If you want proof I can show you. But I think we could agree that all politicians lie. I see no evidence to the contrary. So it would seem that the plan is to replace one President who lies with another President who lies. One could ask the question, when or if Joe Biden becomes President will he stop lying? That's unlikely because he, like Trump has been doing it for so long that he can't help it. Will we excuse Joe Biden's lies because he is a Democrat? Because he has dementia? Or simply because he is not Donald Trump?

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 09-16-20, 11:56 AM   #10631
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Will we excuse Joe Biden's lies because he is a Democrat? Because he has dementia? Or simply because he is not Donald Trump?
I'm starting to discern that Biden had a speech impediment and over came it.
Perhaps what we are seeing is not dementia, but a slow mind that had to overcome a handicap.

Film from earlier days would clarify that

It's the plain discernment that Biden has a problem with women and young girls by touching them
in ways that spell pervert that bother me and I don't understand how he can get away with so many images
of his inappropriate behaviour.

I hope Donald Trump takes it easy on Joe or he may become the underdog in the voters eyes. Let the people decide if Joe is up to the task of being a world leader.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 09-16-20, 12:07 PM   #10632
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Maybe because no one is filing lawsuits?

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is online  
Old 09-16-20, 01:25 PM   #10633
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...an-jets-414883

Haha, we got the Russkies supporting our troops!
Yeah, that was flagged up yesterday on a FB aviation forum and some aviation 'experts' were arguing whether it was a Mig-29 or not

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 09-16-20, 04:12 PM   #10634
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

(My patience has its limits-Sooner or later I'm going to use IE 11 Instead)

So some of you my American friends are not so enlighten

Here is what I read in a comment

(Used translate)

"Americans are generally not very enlightened. It also explains that Trump is president!"

Does this mean those who vote Dem are very much enlighten ?

Markus
Old 09-16-20, 05:07 PM   #10635
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

I think it's fair to say both sides think they are enlightened and the other side blind. It's more about where you stand on the issues and which side is aligned closest.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie

Last edited by Buddahaid; 09-16-20 at 10:59 PM.
Buddahaid is online  
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter