Closed Thread

Old 10-10-20, 10:42 AM   #10831
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidman View Post
^Made it through the first 25 squalid lines. Seriously, this is substandard and embarrassing, what has happened to you?
Are you suggesting that it isn't true? That the videos and photos are doctored? Just exactly what part of the article do you disagree with and why?

Quote:
..what has happened to you?
Could you explain that? And not with some meme.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 10-10-20, 11:03 AM   #10832
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Could you explain that? And not with some meme.

Dude, stupid memes is all he has.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 10-10-20, 11:06 AM   #10833
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Meanwhile some substance:

Quote:
Biden says voters don't deserve to know his stance on packing Supreme Court

Biden has said voters will know his position the day after Election Day

Democratic nominee Joe Biden on Friday said that voters don’t deserve to know if he would attempt to pack the Supreme Court if he wins in November and Amy Coney Barrett is confirmed to the high court.
Biden was asked in Las Vegas, Nevada, about his position on packing the court with extra justices -- something that has seen support from a number of Democrats, particularly since President Trump announced his intention to confirm Barrett to the seat left vacant by the death of the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Biden, who had opposed court packing in the primary, refused to answer the question on Thursday, saying “you’ll know my position on court-packing the day after the election.”
On Friday, a KTNV reporter asked him again about whether he backs court packing and said: "This is the number one thing that I've been asked about from viewers in the past couple of days.”
“Well you’ve been asked by the viewers who are probably Republicans who don't want me continuing to talk about what they’re doing to the court right now,” Biden responded
“Well, sir don’t the voters deserve to know…?” reporter Ross DiMattei asked.
“No they don’t.... I'm not gonna play his game, he’d love me to talk about, and I’ve already said something on court packing, he’d love that to be the discussion instead of what he’s doing now,” Biden said, likely referring to President Trump.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...-supreme-court

Old 10-10-20, 11:20 AM   #10834
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Are you suggesting that it isn't true? That the videos and photos are doctored? Just exactly what part of the article do you disagree with and why?
"While a mask might prevent some large mucus/particles that someone who is positive might spew out into the air, it’s not much of a preventative as to smaller particles."

Not true. Even simple surgical masks have been shown to reduce virus loads by up to 90%.

"One of the main problems seems to be that people get wearing the mask, but they don’t seem to understand proper wearing of the mask and that yes, you can get it if you’re touching everything and then touching your face."

Which doesn't make a difference, if wearing a mask is rather pointless, right? In formal logic this is called performative contradiction.

The rest of the article is just cheap badmouthing.

What is proven by putting together photos or videos showing people who are failing to properly use their masks? Don't you think it is possible to assemble a website of Republicans failing in the same way?

The most disappointing for me is, the RedState article does not address the question, if wearing masks should be made mandatory on public transport or not. Everything we know about the virus suggests that this is a useful measure to prevent infections.

So why did you post it? Make someone you do not like look bad? We both know you can do much better than that.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)

Last edited by skidman; 10-10-20 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-10-20, 11:52 AM   #10835
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

I love how some post "Fox News" and just of all "Red state" as if those sites would mean or prove anything
If the trend continues they will be posting Qanon sites for proof and evidence next week.

Next question will be "what is wrong with Qanon" i bet.

Have a nice weekend everyone

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 10-10-20, 11:56 AM   #10836
u crank

Quote:
What is proven by putting together photos or videos showing people who are failing to properly use their masks? Don't you think it is possible to assemble a website of Republicans failing in the same way?
I'm sure it is possible.

Quote:
So why did you post it? Make someone you do not like look bad?
The point of the article was to point out the hypocrisy of people like Pelosi and Biden. It's as simple as that. Perhaps if you had read more than 'the first 25 squalid lines' you would have seen that simple fact. If you are going to lecture other people and threaten to pass laws to that effect you should be a little more careful to follow your own suggestions.

I'm 70 years old and wear a mask when I am in public spaces. Does that make you feel better?

Quote:
We both know you can do much better than that.
I respect you and your opinions but please don't lecture me. We both know you are better than that.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 10-10-20, 12:12 PM   #10837
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
I love how some post "Fox News" and just of all "Red state" as if those sites would mean or prove anything
I love how you keep saying stuff like that but never give any substance to your opinion.

I am not naive enough to believe that Fox News and Redstate are not slanted to the right. I'm also not dumb enough to believe that CNN, NBC News and the BBC are non bias, neutral news services. By posting an article from CNN does that mean that what the article says and the opinions therein are completely accurate? What do you think?

Quote:
Have a nice weekend everyone
You too.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 10-10-20, 12:37 PM   #10838
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
The point of the article was to point out the hypocrisy of people like Pelosi and Biden. It's as simple as that.
The article lists moments of individual failure. It has nothing to do with hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy is: "I always wear my mask properly." "I never touch my face when wearing a mask." "We, the Dems, know how to wear our mask, the stupid Republicans don't" and so on. That is what hypocrisy sounds like.

Want an example for hypocrisy? Mr. Donald Trump theatrically removing his mask on his return to the WH, having received therapy and medication not available to any of his fellow countrymen. That was hypocrisy.

Quote:
I'm 70 years old and wear a mask when I am in public spaces. Does that make you feel better?
Much better. And if you could prove you never fail in your mask-wearing, I'd be beaming with joy

Have a nice weekend.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
Old 10-10-20, 01:08 PM   #10839
Catfish

Trump is not automatically "orange man bad". He has earned his bad reputation.
My "problem" is that Trump e.g. spouts out ten direct lies, and some democrat one. But all Trump followers concentrate of "democrats bad and hypocritical". Of course they are! Too!

But even in their best hypocritical time they are not even close to the hypocrisy and lying of Trump. You make it look as it it were the same, but the amount of bs is unbelievably higher on Trump's side.
They are not in the same league, plain and simple. Not that i understand what and why the US democrats do what they do, or republicans, or not

Old 10-10-20, 01:31 PM   #10840
u crank

Quote:
The article lists moments of individual failure. It has nothing to do with hypocrisy.
Sorry but I disagree. First of all and once again if you are going to make a case for wearing masks, wearing them and using them improperly is inexcusable. Joe Biden wants to be President. Nancy Pelosi is the Speaker of the House. They are both making that case. If they can't set a proper example then why bother even talking about it?

Quote:
Want an example for hypocrisy? Mr. Donald Trump theatrically removing his mask on his return to the WH, having received therapy and medication not available to any of his fellow countrymen.
He's the President of the USA. Are you suggesting that if therapy and medication are available he shouldn't get it? If you were the doctor in charge of his care what would you do? Let him die simply because there is no possible way for everyone to recieve equal treatment? If you were Jeff Bezos' doctor what would you do? How about Beyoncé? The world isn't fair and just at the moment. Maybe someday.

Quote:
Much better. And if you could prove you never fail in your mask-wearing, I'd be beaming with joy
What would you require ..sworn statements, video surveillance ....

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 10-10-20, 02:47 PM   #10841
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
You make it look as it it were the same, but the amount of bs is unbelievably higher on Trump's side.

That's not the way I see it. The Democrats are so full of crap their eyes are brown and have been for years.

Old 10-10-20, 04:38 PM   #10842
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Once you rinse out the crap covering both sides there's almost nothing left and it looks the same.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 10-10-20, 05:13 PM   #10843
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

She has the right to have an opinion
The Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg has on twitter written following:

(translated)
"I have never gone into party politics. But the upcoming election in the United States is more important than any other. From a climate perspective, it is far from good enough, and many of you naturally support other candidates. But, I mean ... you know ... heck's! Get it organized now and get everyone to vote for Biden"

Maybe it's me...but I say as an non American, you should not point fingers at the American and tell them on who they shall put their vote.

Markus
Old 10-10-20, 05:15 PM   #10844
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Why can't y'all understand that this election and every election, especially National Elections, are about the parties.

Not two wacko's that represent the parties ... you can flip a coin on the two wacko's, but the parties are like night and day.

Open borders
Free education
Raise taxes
Medicare for everyone
Pack the supreme court with left wingers
Green House rules that will cost everyone more than it is worth

That's just one party

Guess who?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 10-10-20, 05:23 PM   #10845
Catfish

Open borders, free education and medicare for everyone are a very bad idea.
If you are an idiot.
Paying taxes, well - if Trump pays less taxes than you i can see how you envy him.

Everyone who has a half pound of minced meat in his head: "Let's talk about the country and it's issues."
The others: "No let's talk about me!"

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter