Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-30-10, 05:48 PM   #1
609_Avatar
Watch Officer

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Default What The Heck Is Going On!?

I've got the option to not sync save games with UBI server. I have manually copied my saves between two computer several times now. Today after I do it the game starts and you always get that syncing up message well this time it overwrote my save games! I copied them over 3x and each time I started the game they would get replaced with the previous version! So choosing to not sync with their servers actually doesn't work sometimes? I'm not sure what was different this time either. I also made sure the 2nd and 3rd attempts I selected that option again but it made no difference. I had to start the game, alt tab out and then copy everything over and then it worked once I alt tabbed back into the game. Annoying that was!
Old 08-30-10, 06:20 PM   #2
CaptainMattJ.
The Old Man

Downloads: 55

just sync with their server.no more hassle unless your one of the people who as connection problems for no apparent reason...

A popular Government without popular information nor the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own Governors must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives
- James Madison
CaptainMattJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-10, 11:18 PM   #3
jwilliams
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 124

I turned the server sync off, the day i installed the game. Still get the message at game start but all its doing is syncing my saves from :-
"C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\storage\anVzdGluMTUwMjc3\3" to
"C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\SH5\data\Users\Capt name"
Nothing is now uploaded/downloaded from ubi servers to do with save syncs.

Never had any problems.

Will never turn it back on, as this will mean that it overwrites my saves with the ones stored at Ubi, Which would be the save created when i installed the game.

IMO. turn save sync off and leave it off.
Old 08-31-10, 07:33 AM   #4
609_Avatar
Watch Officer

Downloads: 35

Thanks for the replies guys. Capt.MattJ, I've read and personally heard way too many issues with the syncing function to want to reply on it. Yes, I've also heard read of people who have never had an issue but I'm not taking any chances. I already have enough gripes with the DRM as it is without adding to it.

jwilliams, thanks a lot for the location of where those other games are coming from! I didn't know about that location and will now overwrite those files so this won't keep happening. I just assumed, with the help of those stupid on-screen messages about syncing games with the server (I had thought that it was just the game verifying my copy as legit until this happened) that it was still syncing online. Thanks again for the enlightenment!
Old 08-31-10, 05:41 PM   #5
CaptainMattJ.
The Old Man

Downloads: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 609_Avatar View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. Capt.MattJ, I've read and personally heard way too many issues with the syncing function to want to reply on it. Yes, I've also heard read of people who have never had an issue but I'm not taking any chances. I already have enough gripes with the DRM as it is without adding to it.

jwilliams, thanks a lot for the location of where those other games are coming from! I didn't know about that location and will now overwrite those files so this won't keep happening. I just assumed, with the help of those stupid on-screen messages about syncing games with the server (I had thought that it was just the game verifying my copy as legit until this happened) that it was still syncing online. Thanks again for the enlightenment!
alright. thats your own choice
i totally understand.

A popular Government without popular information nor the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own Governors must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives
- James Madison
CaptainMattJ. is offline   Reply With Quote