SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-12-12, 02:19 AM   #781
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie901 View Post
Can this mod be installed after OH II and TDW's UI Mods...?
i wouldnt recommend that !

- OHII use a newer "sh.sdl" file which is based on SDBSM.
- TDW UI use special radio audio samples i created for TDW`s UI`s, they should overwrite SDBSM`s older radio samples.

- SDBSM`s optional TDW NEW UI`s config file after TDW NEW UI`s.

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12, 06:03 AM   #782
Commander Mysenses
Navy Dude

Location: AM98 - Rounding Hartland Point and sneaking up the Bristol Channel
Downloads: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie901
Can this mod be installed after OH II and TDW's UI Mods...?
i wouldnt recommend that !
Hang on... I'm a bit confused now (easily acheived!!).
I've got my modlist set out as per Sober's modlist; with NewUI's first, then OHII, then SDBSM sounds.
Is that wrong?
What breaks?
Has anyone told Sober?

Quote:
works best if using SDBSM without the optional additional scary creaks enabled.
So are these a direct replacement for Scary Creaks?

Is there a mod around that adds the sound of sinking merchants? I am hankering for the old death rattle sounds from Aces Of The Deep (ahhh... good times!)
Commander Mysenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12, 08:09 AM   #783
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Mysenses View Post
Hang on... I'm a bit confused now (easily acheived!!).
I've got my modlist set out as per Sober's modlist; with NewUI's first, then OHII, then SDBSM sounds.
Is that wrong?
What breaks?
Has anyone told Sober?

So are these a direct replacement for Scary Creaks?

Is there a mod around that adds the sound of sinking merchants? I am hankering for the old death rattle sounds from Aces Of The Deep (ahhh... good times!)
...carefull with Sobers modlist, while his torture interrogation he admit that he would use SDBSM sounds only, not the other "****" (scripts and so on) which is also comming with SDBSM

regarding the conflicting files, i answered allready above.

...the new "additional creak`s and noises" work parallel independent, as they sound more decent, they just fit better with the more real original SDBSM creaks.

edit: regarding death rattle sounds, there are sounds for that included in SDBSM, just make shure youre closer than 1000m to the sinking ship, but i must admit that iam searchig for a new one i created where i mixed also low frequency shot cranking sounds with it.

Last edited by Stormfly; 03-12-12 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-12-12, 08:21 AM   #784
misha1967
Commander

Downloads: 78

I've had no problems with SDBSM after NewUIs, but I certainly did have interesting results with it coming after OHII. And even MORE interesting results when placing MFCM and MCCD after SDBSM.

Part of the learning experience

It's all in the load order! Don't assume, when looking at our mod soups, that we're doing it "right", we may just not have figured out what we're doing wrong yet. Read the fine print in the mod documentation as well as go through the [REL] threads for them. That's where you'll find all the little "quirks". As new mods come out and old ones are changed, the readme files may no longer be current when it comes to what they might conflict with.

Oh, and Stormy, I'm still on cloud nine with my crew's fresh shaves. Thanks for the hints, not to mention yet another thing I've learned about how this favorite sim of ours is screwed together. I may actually one day become halfway competent at this

I've at least now created my own personal "alt faces no beard" version of your great mod. Sure, Hackl und der Maschinisten (Palz?) still have theirs, they just refuse to shave, but it's OK. I can't imagine Johann without a beard anyways
Old 03-12-12, 08:27 PM   #785
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

thanks for your kind words, you`re a funny kind person it seams

...and regarding the beards present or not, credits for them stil goes to MFCM mod !

Old 03-12-12, 08:49 PM   #786
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
...carefull with Sobers modlist, while his torture interrogation he admit that he would use SDBSM sounds only, not the other "****" (scripts and so on) which is also comming with SDBSM

regarding the conflicting files, i answered allready above.

...the new "additional creak`s and noises" work parallel independent, as they sound more decent, they just fit better with the more real original SDBSM creaks.

edit: regarding death rattle sounds, there are sounds for that included in SDBSM, just make shure youre closer than 1000m to the sinking ship, but i must admit that iam searchig for a new one i created where i mixed also low frequency shot cranking sounds with it.
I use the whole mod now
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-12, 12:33 AM   #787
misha1967
Commander

Quote:
thanks for your kind words, you`re a funny kind person it seams

...and regarding the beards present or not, credits for them stil goes to MFCM mod !
Thanks, I try. And yes, the MFCM is definitely awesome, wouldn't leave port without it, but your mod just adds that final... something that makes me able to close my eyes and almost think that I'm in the movie
Old 03-13-12, 01:20 AM   #788
mikaelanderlund
Captain

Downloads: 267

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha1967 View Post
"Blunder Bernhards"

Ahhh... More goodies. Thanks, Stormy!

On an unrelated issue (and point taken regarding the ice cream machines ), I tried getting the clean-shaven faces to be, well, clean-shaven by adding the MFCM after your SDBM which, in retrospect, was a bit foolish seeing as how you specifically say not to in your instructions and since I knew that it would overwrite your scripts, which would defeat the whole purpose of loading SDBM in the first place. But, hey, idle hands and all that, not to mention that I had to confirm that it was SDBM that put beards on the faces of most of my crew. Confirmed

Of course, I could have just asked, but what would be the fun in that?

Soooo... I pulled up MFCM and SDBM side by side to find out where they conflict, thinking that I could fix the problem myself and have your splendid mod AND the smooth faces. Surely I can't be all that helpless and God helps those who helps themselves, why should you have to do all the work for me and all that.

Except I was. I can't see any possible reason why your mod should add beards to my crew unless it's in the AI files somewhere, and that is WAY above my pay grade at this point.

I guess I'll either have to learn how to interpret those files or live with my bosun's goatee which, at least, isn't near as bad as having to live with the cook's fiddling.
Hi,

I would also like to have clean-shaven faces on my crew. Please send me your modified file.
mikaelanderlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-12, 08:16 PM   #789
Dwail
Sailor man

Downloads: 196

Hi, Stormfly. I'm an user of your awesome SDBSM Version 1.3 Mod. Today I watch your DEMO VIDEO 1 . And now, I have a problem: In your video I heard some words that I haven't hear until now, using your mod!!. This words appears in the next times of your video:

3:57
4:37 to 4:41
4:59 to 5:04

Please, can you revise the video and tell me what do you do to hear this "voices"?.

Thank You Very Much!! (i'm not english, sorry for my bad languaje)
Dwail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-12, 11:34 PM   #790
Commander Mysenses
Navy Dude

Location: AM98 - Rounding Hartland Point and sneaking up the Bristol Channel
Downloads: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I use the whole mod now
Is there a reason you put it in AFTER newUIs and OHII?
Commander Mysenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-12, 01:25 AM   #791
misha1967
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelanderlund View Post
Hi,

I would also like to have clean-shaven faces on my crew. Please send me your modified file.
I'll be more than happy to, Mikael, with Stormy's permission of course. Credit where credit is due I'll need to pack it a bit first to make it install ready and to make it fit all of the possible SDBSM permutations with options.

But more than everything, I need permission. All I did was to comment out a few lines in the code. The REAL work was done for me already
Old 03-14-12, 04:53 AM   #792
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha1967 View Post
I'll be more than happy to, Mikael, with Stormy's permission of course. Credit where credit is due I'll need to pack it a bit first to make it install ready and to make it fit all of the possible SDBSM permutations with options.

But more than everything, I need permission. All I did was to comment out a few lines in the code. The REAL work was done for me already
go ahead, i put it on the ftp and post it in the top area if you like.

Old 03-14-12, 05:10 AM   #793
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwail View Post
Hi, Stormfly. I'm an user of your awesome SDBSM Version 1.3 Mod. Today I watch your DEMO VIDEO 1 . And now, I have a problem: In your video I heard some words that I haven't hear until now, using your mod!!. This words appears in the next times of your video:

3:57
4:37 to 4:41
4:59 to 5:04

Please, can you revise the video and tell me what do you do to hear this "voices"?.

Thank You Very Much!! (i'm not english, sorry for my bad languaje)
3:57 "Hart Steuerbord" ("Hard to stearboard")
this sample is a bit silent, make shure you put your game volume high enough, til you barly hear central compartment`s special device humming in the background.

4:37 Blunder Bernhard
this sample was a bit to intensive, it also got repeated to much, i got many complains about Bernhard, so i exchanged it with a softer version.

4:59 "LI genau Tiefe halten" ("LI, hold the commanded dept exactly")
this sample plays if you command snorcel dept, i use it if periscope dept is to low for the OBS scope, mostly occours in rough seas.

Last edited by Stormfly; 03-31-12 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-15-12, 12:40 AM   #794
misha1967
Commander

Quote:
go ahead, i put it on the ftp and post it in the top area if you like.
Thanks, Stormy. I should have some time to do it over the next few days. It's not hard work, it just takes time.
Old 03-15-12, 12:42 AM   #795
Dwail
Sailor man

Downloads: 196

Thx. For your response. But, for the moment i don't hear this samplex. I'll continue try it!!, with your recomendations!!.
Dwail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite