SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-22-11, 09:06 AM   #691
cherbert
Engineer

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave74 View Post
So just drop the two folders into the MODS folder and enable via JSGme, right?

When I enable the mod its folder gets duplicated in jsgme. Do I have to just enable the 001 mod or ... after the duplicate appears I must enable that too?
I'd appreciate someone clearing this up myself. Patch 2 is very confusing. It appears to contain some optional mods and another Mods folder.

Can anyone clarify the exact procedure for applying patch 2?
cherbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 11:32 AM   #692
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544
Default Useless watch crew

Playing MO + 2nd patch in the 1st mission of the war (September 5). As I was waiting for Brit shipping to appear on the Eastern Approaches (watching the sub on the map), a plane symbol appeared on the map, coming straight at my boat. But, although the plane was shown on the map (meaning that the watch crew had seen it), nobody of those morons up there cared to report it until it was strafing the boat. So, some 10 - 15 seconds passed from the moment when the plane was detected until the 'Plane sighted" report of the watch crew. The sky was partly cloudy, in broad daylight (around 11 AM) and stormy sea (wind at 15 m/s).

Is there any way to improve this game behavior and have the watch crew report contacts as soon as they spot them?
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 12:04 PM   #693
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 209

To apply patch 2: the way i did it.

BEFORE adding anything to your games JSGME modfolder:

Starting with the Base Megamod Download:

Navigate to Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1/MODS/

Here are 2 folders, one is labled *do not enable*, the other is

Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1

Drag and drop that folder (Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1) to desktop or somewhere convenient.

Now open Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1_Patch_2.rar

Navigate Magnum_Opus_Patch_2\MODS\

Inside this folder, *MODS*, is a folder named *Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1*

Drag and drop that *Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1* into the same area you dropped the first one, but NOT INSIDE it. You should be asked if you want to merge/overwrite, say yes. (if you drag/drop and it never asks you to merge/overwrite, you did something wrong)

Your Magnum Opus is patched. Drop this newly merged folder
(Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1)
into your SH5 JSGME mods folder and enable.

Last edited by mobucks; 01-22-11 at 06:38 PM.
mobucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 02:16 PM   #694
Giganto
Swabbie

Downloads: 34

At first i want to thank you for this great mod-compilation TDW.

It still has some issues to solve like any other mod in the beta stage and I am looking forward to the finished mega-mod of yours. (Can't wait till its done)

I've browsed this whole topic a few times and I've stumbled over CTD's all over the place - and oddly enough others hardly ever experience them and can enjoy the mod to an extend.

I for myself can not play - or really test this mod to help and locate some errors - , since I either get a CTD during the first tutorial mission or when trying to bypass it (with the saving and reloading hint in bunker of course).

The only regularity of my CTD's is that they always happen near or inside Kiel harbour. Missions and the mods tutorial missions seem to work fine for me.
A real pity that we (or I) can't disable each mod one by one to figure out which part of it causes the CTD. (If you would ask me to place a bet, I would point at the environment mods)

My rig runs a complete CLEAN installation of:
  • SH5 and its newest patch - both being correctly installed
  • Magnum_Opus_0_0_1
  • Magnum_Opus_0_0_1-Patch2 - correctly applied
Tested to use the mega mod without Steelvikings shadows, with and without the nVidia missing lights and all the map varieties. I still get the CTD's near Kiel.

I do hope this helps you a bit to get the CTD issues circumscribed and solved. Once that is done your mod has the possibility to sky-rocket like GWX did in SH3. It simply rocks!
Giganto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 04:35 PM   #695
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

sorry to hear some people are CTDing. I also have had no issues, other than the radio messages box not closing when i click the small X in its top right corner.

Also helps to state your rig setup/Operating System in case this can be narrowed to something like that.
Old 01-22-11, 05:00 PM   #696
Michal788
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbert View Post
I'd appreciate someone clearing this up myself. Patch 2 is very confusing. It appears to contain some optional mods and another Mods folder.

Can anyone clarify the exact procedure for applying patch 2?
Indeed in patch 2 you find an directory MOD again.
Old 01-22-11, 06:33 PM   #697
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

not 3 posts ago i explained to the best of my ability how to apply patch 2 to the mod.

I know this can all be confusing, so all i can say beyond my explanation 3 posts below, is to read up on how JSGME works, at the end of the day, all JSGME does is apply files to your game folder through a modfolder which will use the exact same folder structure as the base game.

If you can grasp that concept, everything becomes clear.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1773663

I recommend reading the above post, specificly PART 4, everything should be much much clearer afterwards. Good luck.

Our friend Webster also wrote in another thread:
Quote:
the most common problem new players have is double folder issue

this is because mods are made jsgme ready to use but you need something to tell you about the mod and what it does so most modders put the mod into another folder along with a text file describing the mod and what it does called the "read me" file

so you unzip a mod called "yellow submarine" and see a folder named "yellow submarine" and inside of it you see a "read me" file and another "yellow submarine" folder.

this second folder is the actual mod folder and the one you put into jsgme

to avoid mistakes NEVER unzip mods into jsgme, unzip them to your documents folder then open them and see what file needs to be put in jsgme.

jsgme only works if the mod folder you place there contains a "data" folder next so it should read "yellow submarine/data" when you open it and not "yellow submarine/read me, yellow submarine/data""

Last edited by mobucks; 01-22-11 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-23-11, 03:18 AM   #698
Shockwave74
Helmsman

Downloads: 16

I installed the MO following the instructions of mobucks and it's ok.

It looks pretty obvious that an amateur will not go for the mods and for the sake of giving everyone the game he wants, we spend more time working on files and configuring that playing at all.

Trying to make everyone happy instead of just building the mod with the 100% possible realism, building hundreds of options in different files and hundreds of submods is just not a good idea in my opinion.

After all you still can't make everyone happy.

But I am fed up of wasting time on options, editing, testing, enabling, disabling, downloading and, of course, CURSING AND SWEARING.

This was the worst purchase of 2010 for me... if only I could find my SH3 DVD...

If you want, this or that scope... do this.

If you want this or that RM...do this.

If you want the AI to be this or that ... do this.

This is absolutely RUBBISH.

What was the scope of the VII sub? What was the RM? What's the max AI skill?

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 01-23-11 at 09:01 AM. Reason: removed cursing and swearing
Shockwave74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 04:53 AM   #699
Ruby2000
Engineer

Downloads: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
SOAN not being able to open is a sign of a more serious problem then. Have you tried enabling script debugging and modding so that dialog boxes can show errors that occur
HI TDW,

the problem was/is, the foldername for SH must be "Silent Hunter 5". If you made a copy from SH5 (for tests) with the foldername"Silent Hunter 5 MO" for example, your Mod is not running correct. (no rec-manual, no radio messages, the values in the hud are wrong and so on...) Because you create these files

- PageChalkBoard_Draggables.TDW
- Pagelayout_Draggables.TDW
- PageTDC_Draggables.TDW
- PageTutorial_Draggables.TDW
- ScopeSettings.TDW

always in the "Silent Hunter 5" folder, not in the starting Game-root.

Only to the Info!

A question for the radio messages.
Please, can you explain to me, the 5th value in the radio messages. (After TimeEnd).
Which value can I include and what do they cause?
Thanks.

regards

Ruby

Last edited by Ruby2000; 01-23-11 at 07:00 AM.
Ruby2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 06:11 AM   #700
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:

It looks pretty obvious that an amateur will not go for the mods and for the sake of giving everyone the game he wants, we spend more time working on files and configuring that playing at all.

Trying to make everyone happy instead of just building the mod with the 100% possible realism, building hundreds of options in different files and hundreds of submods is just not a good idea in my opinion.

But I am fed up of wasting time on options, editing, testing, enabling, disabling, downloading and, of course, CURSING AND SWEARING.

This was the worst purchase of 2010 for me... if only I could find my SH3 DVD...

What was the scope of the VII sub? What was the RM? What's the max AI skill? .

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 01-23-11 at 09:01 AM.
Trevally. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 06:34 AM   #701
Nufsed
Sparky

Downloads: 500

Quote:

I don't think anyone is holding a gun to your head and making you use these mods. And it appears that most are to polite to say.......I'm not, if you don't like it DON'T USE IT AND STOP MOANING AND MAKE YOUR OWN, but then if you were that clever you would not have posted this in the first place.

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 01-23-11 at 09:01 AM.
Nufsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 06:51 AM   #702
Shockwave74
Helmsman

Downloads: 16

It's pointless to argue, really. I know hundreds of players in the forums who just won't play the game until something similar to GW is released because they are fed up of tampering with files and wasting time.

I commend TDW for his work but I am not putting any blame on him, I am putting it on Ubisoft!
Shockwave74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 06:54 AM   #703
Dogzero1
Mate

Downloads: 38
Quote:

I don't post much but I will make an exception here. You sound like a small child having a tantrum. Now seriously, how anyone can moan and whine about free mods that they were not made to install is beyond me. I really can't believe the gall you have.

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 01-23-11 at 09:02 AM.
Dogzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 08:38 AM   #704
Akula4745
Convicted Ship Killer

Location: Just out of sight... plotting your course and speed
Downloads: 371
Uploads: 1

Comment removed by poster.

"If you sit by the river long enough... the body of your enemy will float by -- SunTzu"

Last edited by Akula4745; 01-23-11 at 09:58 AM.
Akula4745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 09:45 AM   #705
u-boatluc
Watch

Downloads: 125

need some help when i talk to my crew about how there life is going and things (hope you know what im talking about) it is not changeing to anything new later in campaign so i cant say anything new to them i have the mega mod installed hope someone can help
u-boatluc is offline   Reply With Quote